UK first time buyer looking for some advice
1055 5 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgiganteus
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I'm a first time drone buyer looking to get the Mavic Pro. Ideally I'd like to get it before December so I have some time to practice (and I really, *really* need it by the first week of January to take it on holiday). Do you think these dates are realistic given that I haven't ordered it yet?

And would it be better to order directly from DJI or from Amazon UK (or somewhere else)? I'm tempted to go with Amazon because I won't be charged until it ships, but will this mean I have to wait longer?

I've never bought a DJI drone before, would it be worth me getting DJI Care Refresh?

Thanks for your help!

2016-10-17
Use props
jerodesigndotco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

Ehh'm if you haven`t ordered it yet you will have to wait until 04/17 ^^
Happy Easter xD
2016-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The way things look here I suppose if you order now you should get end of November, whoever you purchase with see if you can get a date for shipping. Regarding dji care refresh, for a new flyer it's a no brainier , just read the manuals look at all the tutorials and some you tube stuff, and when you take to the skies at least you can learn to fly with some peace of mind, you must order within 48 hours of activation, so good luck and enjoy..
2016-10-17
Use props
dj.trillium
lvl.2

United States

You could buy a decent sleeping bag and camp outside an apple shop around official release day, you just never know! Plus apple shop workers are fellow geeks so would understand your plight. Good luck.  
2016-10-17
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Keep an eye on whether they ship initial orders between now and the end of October, if they do then I do think it will be relatively easy to pick one up in the Apple store late November, early December. But some resellers are reporting delays to initial shipments till mid November in which case you are out of luck.
2016-10-17
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

These guys offer free 'Crash Cover' with their Mavic orders and are based in the UK.

As everyone has said though - be prepared for the wait!
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules