Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go App programmers need to fix that bug
1437 7 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomshill
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460269 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

Ive got an Inspire 1 RAW which is used for commercial purposes. Was at a job last thursday and had a warning that the cameras firmware needed updating. Ive downloaded the RAW firmware and follwed the usual procedure

1. File onto root directory
2. Into camera with controller turned off

There is no sound to indicate an update, nor is there a status indicator light on the x5r

The firmware wont update and im getting the same camera firmware update needed message

It does sometimes generate a text file which either says success or same version

The app is up to date and ive even reinstalled and re-downloaded it to be sure but same issue.

Obviusly this is a fairly serious issue to me as I rely on the drone to operate my business.

Anyone have any ideas....especially DJI. Why is there no status indocator light on the x5r like there is on the pro / other dji products.

Many thanks

Tom
2016-10-17
Use props
farek14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877552 ft
Poland

Restart DJI go app. I have same issue

1. turn on RC
2. turn on Aircraft
3. DJI go app

In this order message should not appear.
2016-10-17
Use props
tomshill
lvl.1
United Kingdom

farek14 Posted at 2016-10-17 15:28
Restart DJI go app. I have same issue

1. turn on RC

Thankyou Farek. This seems to have worked.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

tomshill Posted at 2016-10-17 23:36
Thankyou Farek. This seems to have worked.

Good to hear you were able to address the issue. For clarification. What camera firmware were you on prior to the app requesting an update? In regards to the LED indicator on the camera, unfortunately I would not have a detailed answer as to why, but it's what they decided to use to indicate that the unit is functioning normally.
2016-10-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-19 05:53
Good to hear you were able to address the issue. For clarification. What camera firmware were you  ...

Jamie,

This is a bug from a checking routine in the new Go App if you do not follow the startup sequence prescribed by Farek14 -

If you don't follow that startup sequence, the firmware update message will display even if you have the latest version of camera firmware.

I would suggest to DJI to provide you and others in tech support access to systems loaded with the latest updates so that you can better answer these questions. Yes, there are lots of ignorant people who don't know basics but on the Inspire forum in particular, most of us know basic trouble shooting and its simply not helpful to put out stock replies like asking what firmware people are on.
2016-10-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

Tom,

You'd do all of us a service if you could update the title of your post. DJI Go App programmers need to fix that bug.

They have been responsive to complaints about the loss of the C2, right thumbwheel combo to adjust gimbal roll so I think if made aware, they'll fix this one too. Thanks!
2016-10-21
Use props
fans57cd2d6d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-10-22 06:10
Tom,

You'd do all of us a service if you could update the title of your post. DJI Go App programmer ...

Hi Mike

Sorry for the late reply.

I agree with everything you have said. Unfortunately other users are much more helpful then the DJI staff who should be dealing with these issues. Surprised this bug hasn't been ironed out yet.

Ill update the title as you suggest.

2016-11-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

fans57cd2d6d Posted at 2016-11-17 03:07
Hi Mike

Sorry for the late reply.

Its not that DJI doesn't listen or read posts. The are highly optimised for profit / loss decisions and insofar as something is tolerable and not complained about excessively, they'll generally not fix it unless its a new feature that their design teams want to put in.

Also, as many US based manufacturers have discovered, these systems are really pretty complex and not easy to engineer, manufacturer and deliver faultlessly. User feedback is essential for bug spotting.

I don't think that in principle, this is different anywhere but the extent to which DJI exercises its discipline in this type of decision making is very AI like.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules