2970 6 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyFocal Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309062 ft
United States

Hi everyone,
I have owned a Phantom 3 Advanced for quite a while now, and for the last several months the FPV has been lagging. I am aware that powerlines, WiFi networks, and metal can cause issues. I also have enabled hardware decoding and disabled background app refresh. I am using an iPhone 7 Plus and everyhting is running the latest frimware/software. The FPV lags several seconds behind and sometimes it goes black entirely.  If anyone has tips, that would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
2016-10-17
Use props
brandamir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft

Hi

I had the same problem. Well in fact it happens quite a lot. I found that if you unplug and replug both camera cables, the problem goes away. Be sure to this carefully and with the aircraft turned off. Try that. But i'm not a DJI rep. I hope they can give more info on this, because it's unsafe to fly with that kind of lag.
2016-10-17
Use props
FlyFocal Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309062 ft
United States

Hi there,
I have seen this mentioned before, I managed to unplug one of them yesterday and it did seem to improve slightly. Maybe I'll get around to unplugging both today. Thanks for the help!
2016-10-18
Use props
tazer808
New

Did this today. Video lag was between 2-4 seconds, making any effort to fpv fly near impossible.  Video lag is now negligible. maybe at most .5 sec but i suspect less than that.  This video gave me the confidence to do my first DIY gimbal removal to my P3A:

just doing the reverse process was simple enough of a reassembly. And that clear plastic clip trick works like a charm.
2016-11-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

You can limit your device to zero background apps running in the developer options.  You can also reduce the bitrate of the stream.   It will not affect recorded video quality.
2016-11-4
Use props
DolphinDog
New
United States

brandamir Posted at 2016-10-17 21:16
Hi

I had the same problem. Well in fact it happens quite a lot. I found that if you unplug and rep ...

Thanks your post help me, having same problem. 5 Second lag or more....i was able to unplug and replug the two cables WITHOUT removing the gimble.

Just remove the rubber dampner nearest to the cable ( not the dampner with the post but the non post)
and carefully disconnect then reconnect the ribbon cable plug.

Thank you again
2016-11-11
Use props
angusmacsac
New
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-11-12 05:27
I use some long nosed tweezers and I can get to the cable without having to remove the rubber bushes. On my P3A it's the  cable nearest the vision position module which needs resetting to cure lag problem.

I noted your post was from November last year.
A few questions for you:

1) do you still do this "reconnect fix" ?
and if so ...
2) how often do you need to do it?
3) have you found out why this works?
4) have you found any other "fix(es)"?

scoty
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules