Really thinking about canceling my mavic order.
2396 33 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gioJ9V7oSNIl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315 ft
United States

Why can't I get a definitive answer about the shipping of my mavic. All I get is no real answers and form emails. Any one else experience this? Dji has been setting on everyone money for weeks with no answer when that can expect shipment. No way to treat buyers.
2016-10-17
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft

All preorders are like this, especially with DJI. Everyone loves DJI when the product is announced, become a bit bitter when waiting for it to ship, then they'll love DJI when it arrives, next a handful of people will hate DJI because it flys away or they crash it.

If you want it early then you have to give them your money.
2016-10-17
Use props
Kilrah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1733612 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Feel free to free a spot in the queue if it's that unbearable for you.

That's how it works. My friend is also still waiting for his iPhone 7.
2016-10-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go ahead and cancel, more people that cancel the faster I get mine!
2016-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think orders were to ship middle of October, 1st to 10th is beginning of October 11th to 20th is middle of October 21st to 31st is end of October, so maybe they are going to ship soon.
2016-10-17
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

contact chat to cancel your order op. no one is forcing you to stick it out like many of us non-complainers.
2016-10-17
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-17 22:38

hahhahaah that one was nice
2016-10-17
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am not a patient person myself but I don't expect to receive it mere says after the shipping date. Have some patience
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Pooper
lvl.1

United States

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!!
2016-10-17
Use props
zfdtruckman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1348 ft

Please cancel your order.  Just puts me farther ahead in line.  Go play with your skate board or video games.  I'm an old fart and have more patience.
2016-10-17
Use props
JfDfFRWUzTrS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283930 ft
United States

Hi,  This is the latest I received from DJI on my order as of 4:15 pm CST on Oct. 17
I hope they follow thru.

Dominique
Thank you for contacting DJI Pre Sales Support.
Order placed from Sept 27th til' Oct 11th we'll start shipping it mid Oct and order placed starting on Oct 12 18:00 Beijing Time  ships within November.
We arrange shipment on first pay first service basis and Presales are not able to advise exact shipping date yet.
We are still waiting for an update from HQ about first shipments

ME
So, since I paid Sept 27 and it is Oct 17 it will ship this week. Am I correct?

Dominique
Most likely, they'll ship it this week or next week
Once order is set to ship, you'll hear from DJI. via email w/ tracking number.
2016-10-17
Use props
deverettphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem, we can just start a "cancel my order" forum, just like a lusting over newly announced products forums. This is a good day to be happy with what ya got, y'all.... ;-)
If you pre-ordered with reputable drone dealer it's likely that you only put down around $300 for the $1,000 standard model with RC, and my guy will give me back my deposit with an email from me within 30 minutes. I'm not worried. I don't have much invested and if I don't want to wait, then I can get something else.  For now, just like poker, I'll hold...
2016-10-17
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I don't mind the wait for my order on the 29th. The only catch is that I leave my delivery address in two weeks and don't come back until April next year. And since the address on the order cannot be changed, the only option is to cancel and then get on the back of the line. So I'm hoping something happens in the next two weeks.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-10-18 09:05
I don't mind the wait for my order on the 29th. The only catch is that I leave my delivery address i ...

I'm hoping you receive it as well. If not, then wherever you are leaving to I'm sure there will be a store there that you will be able to pick one up from.
2016-10-17
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-10-18 12:05
I don't mind the wait for my order on the 29th. The only catch is that I leave my delivery address i ...

I have almost the same issue, I changed my address and the want to send it to the original address when I place my order. If it has not been delivered yet how come they cannot change my address without cancelling my order?

I hope they can help me out
2016-10-17
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

People don't really care about when they will receive it but all they care about is their money, of course everyone does. Since DJI charged their preorders immediately and still no information about shipping as "promised" (on keynote), questions raised.
I bought on eBay. My money is gone but estimated delivery date is Nov 3 to 7, so I'm cool.
2016-10-17
Use props
NikNokQ
lvl.2

Most people here behave live my 5 y o daughter..
2016-10-17
Use props
Killian
lvl.1

Hong Kong

instead of 'Are we there yet?', it's "has it shipped yet?"
LOL
2016-10-17
Use props
BHM7PNPcVXR7
lvl.1

Canada

i believe that many of the replies here are from people who work @ DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
BHM7PNPcVXR7
lvl.1

Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-18 04:38

Especially a reply like this you know what I mean? Reverse psychology
2016-10-18
Use props
BHM7PNPcVXR7
lvl.1

Canada

I said something like this before and my message was deleted and I got banned from posting, this explains a lot! let's see if my msgs will be deleted, if yes then it proves me right.
2016-10-18
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

zfdtruckman Posted at 2016-10-17 18:10
Please cancel your order.  Just puts me farther ahead in line.  Go play with your skate board or vid ...

You'll need it.
2016-10-18
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Why do they charge before an order has shipped? This is 2016, yea?
2016-10-18
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to wait for my tax refund before I can get one, and that won't be until March of next year. Hopefully, all the bugs will be ironed out and the price lowers by then.
2016-10-18
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

The exodus begins
2016-10-18
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

Movement of Jah the people.
2016-10-18
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I cancelled mine this morning, and am going to wait for it to be in stores. Now, I don't need to think or worry about my order. Feels good. I WILL still get one, once they are more available.
2016-10-18
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

If I were in their marketing department, I think a better plan would have been:

1.  Announcement with the guy on the stage, drone operating, etc.
2.  Wait two weeks before providing them to early reviewers, vloggers like Casey and iJustine, etc.   Allow that PR to circulate for a week or so....
3.  Then we would be almost to the point of shipping (presumably within a couple weeks or so)

This would have spread out the news instead of dumping everything on a day along with vloggers, etc.    Then people would have been pretty occupied at this point pouring through vlogs and reviews, etc.    The gap wouldn't have been so far between the 27th and when they ship a month later.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the shipping delay, here is the official statement.

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
pandthu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771240 ft
  • >>>
India

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 22:26
I'm sorry for the shipping delay, here is the official statement.

Dear Customers,

Thanks for the update
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Your welcome, and Im sorry I don't have more information.
2016-10-18
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the non-update.
2016-10-18
Use props
BHM7PNPcVXR7
lvl.1

Canada

The credit card should NOT have been charged until you guys ship the product! now we all have to pay interest on the credit card even though we don't have the item yet!!! its very unfair.

I believe according to visa international and other credit cards, the seller is supposed to accept payment when they are able to ship the product right away, and guess what happens if 30 passes and we still don't have the item yet? after 30 days we might NOT be able to dispute / chargeback the payment, but some credit card companies count the dispute / chargeback period from the day you actually receive the item, but NOT all.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Hey guys. Since there are a number of threads open talking about the exact same thing, we have created a megathread where users can talk about Mavic shipping issues and concerns in one place. This thread will be closed (but not deleted) shortly. The new thread is here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-66947-1-1.html
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules