Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charged before shipped?
3015 18 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nister5

United States

Anyone else got charged already when they didn't shipped the product yet? How can a company charge the customer of a product that they didn't even ship out yet, yet alone no estimated delivery date? Honestly dumbfounded, I mean I expect delays sure, but to charge one, yet alone not give an estimated delivery of your product is ridiculous.

Should have done it like Apple and every other company, where they charge once you once shipped... At least give an esitamted delivery date, rather than a vague "mid october" which is now really "mid november"...
2016-10-17
Use props
nister5

United States

sorry for accidently double post, posted on mobile.
2016-10-17
Use props
Don Cornelius
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-17
Use props
Eldonbkh
Second Officer
United States

You agreed to pay when you made the purchase, when you know it was a preorder. If you want just contact DJI for a refund and remove this post.
2016-10-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don Cornelius aka Ron Jeremy has been banned.
2016-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-17 21:48
Don Cornelius aka Ron Jeremy has been banned.

Don canopy is gone haven't seen the sky fallen in yet
2016-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Look there are lots of companies charge full on CC and some don't, yes it's not fair, but it should mean at least that you get proper info regarding your order..
2016-10-17
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

banned people usually spawn up as another user so expect more trolling to happen.

and on topic, yes ive been charged for products in a pre order fashion. i just bought a phone  as its in a pre order status and i paid full price for it. i also pre ordered a product from a local shop and i had to pay in full up front.
2016-10-17
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30305 ft

Same happened to me
2016-10-17
Use props
nister5

United States

Eldonbkh@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-18 03:54
You agreed to pay when you made the purchase, when you know it was a preorder. If you want just cont ...

You obviously have no idea how the pre-order market works if you think the company will nonchalantly charge you without shipping the product or give an estimated delivery date. I agreed for them to charge me when they ship out my product. Like how literally ordering anything else online from somewhere else... Please take a look at GoPro and Apple, and all the other big fortune 500 companies and tell me how they do their order processing..

Also name me a company that takes your money before they even ship the order...

Just saying, this is a bad practice by DJI and should be stopped by their next pre-orders. Idk seems like a liability to me, but I'll wait it out.
2016-10-17
Use props
nister5

United States

marctronixx Posted at 2016-10-18 05:49
banned people usually spawn up as another user so expect more trolling to happen.

and on topic, yes ...

Yeah, don't know when you pre-ordered that phone, and what kind of phone it was, but I pre-ordered an iPhone 7 Plus, and they didn't charge me until they shipped the product.
2016-10-17
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

doesn't matter what the device is. the point is some companies WILL charge you for a pre order before the product ships. this is not anything new. I just used the phone as an example. I have also pre ordered several item that are unlrated to this drone and a couple of them were charged upon pre order placement.
2016-10-17
Use props
Eldonbkh
Second Officer
United States

nister5 Posted at 2016-10-17 17:16
You obviously have no idea how the pre-order market works if you think the company will nonchalantl ...

Skreened they charge before your items ship.
2016-10-17
Use props
peter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Some of this depends on the consumer laws in your country and also on the T&Cs with the retailer. In the UK, for example, a retailer can charge you before shipping as long as they ship within a "reasonable" period which is currently established as 30 days from the time of being charged. Your country will have it's own laws. You credit card company, or paypal if you are that unfortunate, will help enforce these rules and you can ask for a refund if they fail to deliver. Again, your local rules and laws will vary.

In my case I explicitly asked what they do for UK customers and when they confirmed that charge immediately I still decided to go ahead, but with that information.
2016-10-18
Use props
zfdtruckman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1348 ft

I sure do hope it's charged before shipped.  I'll be too excited to check it out rather than having to plug it in and waiting for it to charge.  
2016-10-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most DJI products batteries ar charge to 50% before shipping.
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

zfdtruckman Posted at 2016-10-18 09:49
I sure do hope it's charged before shipped.  I'll be too excited to check it out rather than having  ...

Never take of on anything less than 100% battery.
2016-10-18
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

I am confused why people pre-order with DJI vs buy in-store or online from other retailers that provide many more consumer rights i.e. longer and easier returns, not being charged until the product actually ships, etc..

The difference in availability between pre-order from DJI and purchase from another vendor is usually very nominal.
2016-10-18
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.3
  • >>>

I ordered thru Amazon and never got charged.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules