Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Glitchy image on current software update
1578 10 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
one2one photogr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392336 ft

We have updated our Inspire 1's with the new and current software and all have glitchy feedback with the image, never seen this before and its so frustrating trying to film with it.

The drones fly fine, its just the glitchy image with blacklines dropping down the image as it flies.

Anyone have any ideas???

Pete
2016-10-17
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can look at about every other post lately  

Look at these links:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid520910
http://forum.dji.com/thread-65717-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-64560-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-62472-1-1.html

This is copied from the thread about
I have worked out a solution for my Inspire 1 to date and this was a combination of things that I believe was causing the video drop out.
-First lets not forget the FW is what started the issue (IMO). So I am running the previous version of the FW.   The remote FW is done on the DJI Go App and not available on the website. See video at the bottom of this post. The Inspire can be rolled back by putting FW 1.81 onto the camera SD card and letting it update. see video at the bottom.
-Second,  I also found a defective (intermittent) Apple lightning cable that was making it worse. Then it was working again but still with minor dropping out...
-Third, I put the HD video into manual and selected the best signal strength at my location. I have not had anymore video drops since.
--This is done by selecting the video HD tab at the top of the DJI Go App camera view screen. Then select the custom button on the top right side, now you look at the channels available in your area for the strongest one. You need to watch this for a short while. If you are using the stock set up you can choose between ch 13-20 and if you have the 32 channel hack then you can use any of the 32 ch's. Use the channel drop down list to select the one you want and also you can change the transmission quality ( I used either 4 or 6Mbps)...

-Fourth, The DJI Go App is 2.92 and this is a tuff one for rolling back from version 3.0 if you have not got a backup on iTunes.
Check Terry's information on this link:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-66206-1-1.html

I guess I could write up a more detailed how to list if you really think it would be helpful. Most of this information has been covered before, but it can be frustrating finding it on our forum.

Rich

2016-10-17
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Latest FW and App versions are Borked OP.
The entire Inspire community is awaiting developments on a technical resolution from Shenzen with growing frustration.

2016-10-17
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try my suggestions at this post .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html

Mine works Perfect !

donnie
2016-10-18
Use props
one2one photogr
lvl.1

Thanks everyone. Cleaning contacts helped but still not perfect. Why oh why do all these odd things happen after an update? Always get nervous to fly after every update.

Cheers

Pete
2016-11-1
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

one2one photogr Posted at 2016-11-1 15:42
Thanks everyone. Cleaning contacts helped but still not perfect. Why oh why do all these odd things  ...

No problem Pete, glad you were able to get things working. You may want to try and put the video HD to manual and pick a clear channel in addition.  cleaning the contacts is most likely only part of the story.

enjoy
Rich
2016-11-1
Use props
702Ninja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 929321 ft
United States

So I flew today and 4 times I attempted to get some footage of a very cool [and no doubt expensive] Baja trophy truck smashing across a dry lake at about 100mph.  The image was absolute shite, kept freezing, black lines, utterly worthless.  It failed right at the point I didn't want it to, EVERY TIME... and now I have just realized that truck had all sorts of radio comm emitting from it.  That was probably why it failed every time I didn't want it to, i.e. when the truck was close!  They had a driver-to-navigator comm system and also a driver to recovery-truck long distance comm.  They maybe even had a realtime datalink sending engine data back to the recovery truck.  Maybe the entire thing is just down to frequency selection and nothing to do with FW?  Is the FW clever enough to realize a frequency is being jammed and be agile?
2016-11-1
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

702Ninja Posted at 2016-11-2 13:34
So I flew today and 4 times I attempted to get some footage of a very cool [and no doubt expensive]  ...

Completely depends on what frequencies were being used by the gear in the truck.
2016-11-1
Use props
702Ninja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 929321 ft
United States

So, after a second test flight at the exact same lake bed, with the same software, I can confirm 100% that the picture freezing and black lines was being caused by the trophy truck comms interfering with the downlink.   Before everyone decides that the new software is total rubbish and reverts to older stuff (and subsequently can never upgrade again) consider use of manual frequency selection if you have issues like this.
2016-11-5
Use props
one2one photogr
lvl.1
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-1 23:29
No problem Pete, glad you were able to get things working. You may want to try and put the video H ...

Its always weird how these odd things happen after a software update.  Will looking for a clear channel also!

Cheers
2016-11-15
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

one2one photogr Posted at 2016-11-15 23:26
Its always weird how these odd things happen after a software update.  Will looking for a clear ch ...

Go to custom mode on the Image selection and choose channel 20 ( there is a lot of tech data on why it is the cleanest, just try it out ......Kinda like I dont want to know whats in the sausage as long as it tastes good ).  See if it helps .

donnie
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules