I see they removed the shipping status...
1859 9 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
troyfisher123
lvl.1

United States

Ouch. We're doomed.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Im sorry for the delay on the Mavic shipping, here is the official statement.

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Hey guys. Since there are a number of threads open talking about the exact same thing, we have created a megathread where users can talk about Mavic shipping issues and concerns in one place. This thread will be closed (but not deleted) shortly. The new thread is here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-66947-1-1.html
2016-10-18
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

They don't want to provide an actual answer to the delay and I am sure are quite tired of side stepping around it. It would be nice if they didn't charge you when you ordered and charged when it shipped instead. That might alleviate at least some of the upset crowd.
2016-10-18
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too am anxiously awaiting shipment. That said, I don't see why anyone is complaining about being charged already. If $1300 is going to make or break you then you probably shouldn't be buying a drone. Yeah I want it to ship now as that's when they anticipated shipment, but either way I knew I was going to buy it. I ordered on the release date like many here have and paid for it upon ordering. There's no point in disputing a charge because it hasn't shipped yet. It will ship soon and you will have the product you paid for. For those that won't be able to receive it in time for vacation and won't be able to accept delivery, that sucks. I'd be disappointed too. For the rest of us, relax. You'll probably get an email with shipping details soon or keep refreshing your browser on order status. Complaining online or bothering DJI sales chat/staff will do nothing to make it ship any faster.
2016-10-18
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

P3T3 Posted at 2016-10-18 11:49
I too am anxiously awaiting shipment. That said, I don't see why anyone is complaining about being c ...

I don't think it is the money that is a problem for most.

It is the policy of charging a customer for a product you have not shipped and do not intend to ship for weeks/months. Especially when it is in full and not a deposit.

I would assume consumers are further annoyed when DJI missed the release date and haven't even provided a reason or an actual expected ship date, yet still have your money in hand.

I didn't pre-order this one after lots of hassle pre-ordering the P4 so I have no dog in the fight. I am buying in store so I have more flexibility vs buying from DJI direct.

2016-10-18
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

P3T3 Posted at 2016-10-18 23:49
I too am anxiously awaiting shipment. That said, I don't see why anyone is complaining about being c ...

It's not about $1300 making or breaking someone.  Being charged already and getting no transparency about a delay, and instead being treated to a vague official statement and deleted threads?

I could certainly see why some people are ticked off.
2016-10-18
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

I pre-ordered from B&H, they don't charge anything until it ships. Of course it's anyone's guess as to when I'll get it from them.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Im sorry for the delay on the Mavic shipping, here is the official statement.

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Ken, but that's an echo of above. I think what customers want is more transparency - DJI is still a private company (AFAIK) and should have no concerns with public shareholder statements about production levels and sales ... we know that the company and it's staff are working hard, we just want to feel "on the inside" and not part of some problem for the company.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules