Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Official] Mavic shipping issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

No rush here if it is going to fall by November good, I am in no rush, but yes a specific date like you said in the presentation would be good since you guys rev up the speed on the production manufacturing line for the Mavic pro, Also there is a rumored inspire 2 coming out in November also..... I would like to say that, if the mavic was planned to come out in 2017 and that you were going to put 360 degree anti collision sensors or cameras and your short now because Karma was coming out you could of waited it out and made this drone even better, but never think that money is important in your industry especially a infancy type business which is the drone business, which world wide many countries want to completely banned the use of drones, because this is an industry that is not regulated, and its giving a bad name for this innovative and new industry... Karma does not have the regulation FAA flight security regulation, and your drones are half way there also... If you look at FAA and EASA and other countries regulation, its all over contradictions with the drones... Its about to get worst because if people in the consumer not in the professional side cannot buy your drones or the go pro or the many crappy drones out there, by putting a total dictatorship type banned that means your and the entire drone industry would go out of business because not many people are buying those pro drones monster type to do aerial shots in movies... Pro market is very small, consumer market is bigger so where the money is, also is where you should take care of the costumer and make a product that is being regulated very fast and not giving you guys to manufacture a product that is within the regulation look at this guy video explaining the regulation of EASA   I should be posting this in the Regulation page but I am trying to generalize here, by trying to take other companies client if that is the case with your pre order, opening date of delivery is because you want to take away the clients attention from Karma go pro then you should also look at your drones they are being regulated with higher requirements and sooner or later there will be no drones all drones prohibited to fly in the world... Look in Spain its getting highly regulated there are fees of up to 6000 euros if you fly in the city or even national park with no permission, we cannot be responsible completely, private manufacturing should get involved in making drones with all the safety precautions demanded and the safety precaution of having to lose your drone in flight or hit something going backwards or sideway not just in the front or in the bottom.. Sensors all around and believe me you guys would have more sales if you make a more secure and regulated drone, I am still keeping my order and will wait to get my hands on the drone. But I think we need to put our ideas on the table and wish I could even cooperate in having all of us being able to fly drones and be responsible pilots...
2016-10-18
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft

tigerdim Posted at 2016-10-19 13:59
I don't get this. It's been 3 weeks since you advertised mid October. Surely you must have produce ...

they're too busy giving out free units to verified social media account holders
2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

devGOD Posted at 2016-10-19 14:10
they're too busy giving out free units to verified social media account holders

Verified social media accounts? Is that all you need? I'm Verified on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/Zanoryt) and I didn't get one Is it coming in the mail???
2016-10-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

this guy is true about what he is saying about drones
2016-10-18
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 06:49
We have been through this before.  You want us to manufacture based on a number that we do not kno ...

Its not manufacturing as in mass, the question is, why is the single unit has not been posted to the customers not talking about review guys up there but customers a simple update such as that many units have been produced, that many will be sent out on that date... Nothing at all... Just silence and dji's update has no meaning at all its like saying "we know you waiting up there ppl" how is that an update?

Thing is you have our money, we have no product that we paid for and if we dont have it by date you specified (as most ppl ordered baced on shipping dates you specified) just give us a reasonable reason as to why and not that same cr** production is in full swing what does that even mean i hope it means you got millions of them.

2016-10-18
Use props
godiva92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DCMiZRpwejo6 Posted at 2016-10-19 12:57
I don't mind waiting an extra week or two for shipping of the Mavic but if I don't receive some ...

Karma is delayed until X’mas.  Sorry we all have no choice but wait and play with Phantom 4, 3 and 2 etc....
2016-10-18
Use props
kameit00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456877 ft

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 14:05
What would have liked us to comment?  Ignore.  If the Mavic does not work for you whether it is de ...

Something like "we try hard to satisfy everyone" maybe? ;-)
2016-10-18
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

godiva92 Posted at 2016-10-19 08:27
Karma is delayed until X’mas.  Sorry we all have no choice but wait and play with Phantom 4, 3 an ...

Really?
2016-10-18
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

sergey.fedak Posted at 2016-10-19 14:18
Its not manufacturing as in mass, the question is, why is the single unit has not been posted to t ...

I do not know.  I am forum support not sales.  I can only post what I have received from marketing.  My guess, read my guess, is that they should start shipping the end of this week.  Do not shoot the messenger if that does not happen.  Read "my guess".
2016-10-18
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

I don't think the REAL backlash will happen until next week when the average Joe who ordered a Mavic realizes it's no where to be found. Everyone who 'isn't reading' these forums expect their Mavics by the weekend. Boy I can't wait to see the shit show then...lol

And if Casey Neistat doesn't have his replacement yet, you KNOW their is a serious problem. He has more Mavic views than the official DJI site.

{:4_173:}
2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

watuse Posted at 2016-10-19 14:18
https://youtu.be/nn72Q-eY2FA  this guy is true about what he is saying about drones

I love everything about this video. He's awesome ... funny, and accurate!
2016-10-18
Use props
emmanuel.levy
lvl.1

Israel

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 09:05
What would have liked us to comment?  Ignore.  If the Mavic does not work for you whether it is de ...

Dear Ed,

You cannot ignore that DJI has never addressed a key question everyone asks in this forum, that is, why has NO drone been shipped yet? The information that was given (high demand) does not justify that no customer appears to have received their order, even those who placed the pre-order straight away.

In that respect, I'm afraid your comment and DJI's communication policy are not transparent, which is why people are getting upset. At this point I think people would much rather hear BAD news than just having NO news at all regarding actually shipping dates ... you communication policy is not smart in terms of building a line of faithful users. Such an episode is something one remembers.

But surely what DJI does is up to DJI.
2016-10-18
Use props
roedaal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235840 ft
Austria

I hope it's an educated guess, Ed!
2016-10-18
Use props
usercd4297da46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 13:49
We have been through this before.  You want us to manufacture based on a number that we do not kno ...

Are you for real? Your comment proves the point.

What manufacturer does not know their production capacity? The only thing that is variable is the yield. Having said that, manufactures understand their yield and do not commence scale production until a specific percentage is met.

The tone of your comment suggests that you feel customers who have paid in full are somehow wrong for expecting an honest answer to a simple question. It is this very point that you'll see most are becoming increasingly infuriated with.

If you actually work for DJI and your attitude is representative of and supported by the company, then the point regarding DJI's regard for their customers is even further cemented.

I'll simplify it further for you in case you missed the point:

1) People have paid in full based on the information they had at hand
2) That information has proven to be either incorrect from the start, or has become incorrect as a result of something that is outside of anyone's control or poor planning.
3) What ever the answer to 2 is, DJI owe it to their customers to articulate that answer clearly and concisely such that everyone knows where they stand.

I have no problem with waiting. I have a problem with dishonesty and deception. No one has been given a straight answer at this time despite numerous requests for just that.

2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

godiva92 Posted at 2016-10-19 14:27
Karma is delayed until X’mas.  Sorry we all have no choice but wait and play with Phantom 4, 3 an ...

Or Inspire... gotta give that some love too
2016-10-18
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

calvindo Posted at 2016-10-19 04:32
for christ sake.  take it as a loss and never buy anything from dji again, if that $ amou ...

Interest rate on a savings account (not a regular account, as that's 0,00%), is 0,3% at best here in NL. So I'm losing approx EUR 0,30 for waiting a month longer... Who cares...
2016-10-18
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

emmanuel.levy@g Posted at 2016-10-19 08:51
Dear Ed,

You cannot ignore that DJI has never addressed a key question everyone asks in this foru ...

Thats the point!
We only want clearness!
2016-10-18
Use props
usercc234eca6b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27464 ft
United Kingdom

devGOD Posted at 2016-10-18 21:01
not much of an update but thanks anyway. I think DJI should just say you will receive your Mavic bef ...

Totally agree, that as some form of compensation based on the full payment taken of £999 and I expected to be in first batch delivery mid October, my own travel plans with it are back to the Phantom.  An extra battery would be perfect to promote added mitigation for safer and more flying.  As I was going to order an extra battery anyway.  When I preordered another company product Gimbal (name withheld), due to going past the expected delivery date, they offered an extra battery.  I will certainly buy more from them in the future.  
2016-10-18
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

usercd4297da46 Posted at 2016-10-18 23:53

What manufacturer does not know their production ...

Well said.

Think about it. If somebody gives me $1 million dollars in escrow for a product and I have to wait 1 month, then I will have made $40,000 in interest if I had a bank account with an average bank at around 4 percent.

DJI is making money off holding OUR money...sucks
2016-10-18
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

usercd4297da46 Posted at 2016-10-19 14:53

What manufacturer does not know their production ...

I have no other answer than what I have reported.  Yes I work for DJI.  I am the NA Forum Support Manager.  I apologize if my comments offend you  I am telling the truth as was told to me.  If that does not work for you then I don't know what else I can do.
2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

Maverikster Posted at 2016-10-19 14:54
Interest rate on a savings account (not a regular account, as that's 0,00%), is 0,3% at best here  ...

I don't mind my money gone, since I'd have paid it in full anyway if I had the drone in hand, but playing devil's advocate here:

Not everyone puts their money into a savings account. In fact, anyone who knows a damn thing about money knows that you actually LOSE money on savings accounts (sometimes due to fees, sometimes due to inflation, sometimes due to restrictions on transfers, etc).

In fact, if I hadn't given DJI my $1400, it would be invested in one of my many investment accounts -- either for day trading, long term investments, retirement accounts, or either one of my kids' education investment accounts. All of which produce way more than 0.3%. I could make $300+ on that $1400 day trading in 1 month no problem. I usually get 10-60% in one year on my investments (even my long term stuff). That's not chump change.

But, all that said, I'm happy to support DJI as I like their products. This will be my 3rd drone (I have an Inspire v1.0 and an Inspire v2.0). I would like to see them give us a reasonable answer (I still suspect it's a trademark or legal issue, or perhaps a significant issue on the hardware) ... and I certainly believe we all deserve one. I'm sure DJI corporate will wise up sooner than later. Happy customers are long term customers. I'm sure they all want us to buy the R/C buggy/car coming out soon, or the Inspire 2, or the R/C boat or submarine. They need trust to stay a leader in this competitive market.

I won't be canceling my order.
2016-10-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 14:49
I love everything about this video. He's awesome ... funny, and accurate!

I am sub to his channel since I pre order my first drone and my first purchase for a drone, because I have friends who told me to informed myself about drones because spain is very regulated with inaccurate laws and to watch out also in USA about the FAA which is another country with high regulation and if caught flying a drone you could be heavily fined..
2016-10-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

PEOPLE PEOPLE, listen just cancel if your not satisfied or have DJI give you a compensation for the inaccurate shipping date, like a pair of props, an extra battery, the carrying case who knows but complaining is not getting us anywhere here... We should be more worry about the intense regulations for flying drones that governments wants to pass as ridiculous laws...
2016-10-18
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Germany

ed_windham@yaho Posted at 2016-10-19 03:31
I see everyone is having fun.  Can I dispel some rumors?  You can believe me or not.  What I am tryi ...

Hi Ed,
I think the case "continues post in different threads" and "internal Information" from Ken was me then. That wasn't my Intention, I made a screenshot because this text concerned me and while that thread got cleaned up I wanted to ask about that Information. Some seconds after that thread was gone, therefore I tried to post an another thread which eventually would be the one which would not be swept. After that I got banned. Therefore when you can reinstate accounts please do it with my original account (nico@nibweb.net). Of Course I would have appreciated if only the post got deleted and a Little message to me that this Information sholdn't be spread would be given to me. I had at that Point no idea that this Information wasn't for public. I just wanted to know what's going on as it was public from Ken in first place.
Thanks.
2016-10-18
Use props
Tamudoc04
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-18 23:05
Have you tried to order the Karma?  Let us know your experience with them.  Sorry to loose you as a ...

Wow! You really said sorry we can't satisfy everyone? I'm simply asking for an accurate shipping date. Is that asking too much from DJI? I've never dealt with DJI before but I guess what I'm reading about your customer service is true.
2016-10-18
Use props
VqvHh0NnLG4S
lvl.1

Removing the shipping status from the status page was a bad move. You need to instruct DJI to put that back as I see no reason why customers who fully paid for a product has no way of checking the status. If I don't receive a status in two days, I'm pulling my order and moving on with GoPro, an American company that likely understands production logistics and customer service better than DJI.

You guys made a mistake jamming this out after the Karma was released in hopes to steal that market again; only now failing to meet production expectation. You can't simply attack a market and not have a plan to deliver. This just sounds like DJI got greedy. Two more days and I'm out.
2016-10-18
Use props
VoWCD34CPa7k
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423740 ft
United Kingdom

Does anybody in the 'know', know roughly how long it can take to complete a Trademark Application?
2016-10-18
Use props
Tamudoc04
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-18 23:46
What would you like us to say?  Ignore the comment?  If the Mavic does not meet your needs or your ...

You are missing the point. It's not that the Mavic doesn't meet my needs. I don't NEED a drone period. It's simply a toy to me. The problem is that DJI stated a shipping date, missed that date after taking paid preorders, and still hasn't offered an updated accurate shipping date. Why is that so hard to understand and rectify?
2016-10-18
Use props
userde968106c1
lvl.1

Lol dji attacking the drone market from gopro? Umm look around dji owns the drone market, and karma just got pushed back till after xmas. You guys do realize this is a pre order right? I understand a date was announced but dji never "promised" last i checked refunds were still an option. You didnt get robbed, noone here is being singled out. They didnt ship yet, end of story. Nothing we can do. Im pretty sure they would welcome a refund, one less mouth bitching
2016-10-18
Use props
Morgon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104393 ft
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 03:01
I have no other answer than what I have reported.  Yes I work for DJI.  I am the NA Forum Support  ...

Ed, I have much respect for you, as I hope you've gathered from our other interactions on various other user forums, so please understand I am not trying to beat you up, only provide a constructive response to your post.

You stated, "I don't know what more I can do". To me, this seems simple: You could go to the people you report to, and state that the effectiveness of your team is severely impacted by this seemingly-intentional lack of information. You could go to the people above them and state the same.

We want to know that you are doing absolutely all you can in going up the chain to get answers so that your support team can help the massive influx of customers wondering what is going on. We don't have that power. You do.

I have never worked for any company in which I could not find someone to give me adequate information to do my job effectively (please don't take that the wrong way. I simply mean the team is not being effective in this matter solely because you're not being given (or not being allowed to release?) the information we need, not because you're intentionally lacking in your duty). We want to know that you are making waves internally because you want to provide the best support for these customers.

I have never seen any company handle a delay as terribly as DJI has. Short of Kickstarters, all major companies I've ever held a preorder with have publicly stated reasons for delays (a part was found to be defective; a flood occurred; upstream supply chain shortages) and/or provided a new expected date for shipping. Apple did this with my iPhone 6 - I had an expected date for delivery that was beyond the initial batch, and it was accurate. DJI needs to take control of the communication, because as you've seen, your customers (and resellers!) are filling in the blanks for everyone else, leading to MUCH unneeded confusion and anger.

I beg you to please make waves if you haven't already - and if you have, make more until answers are provided. Be our voice and advocate within DJI, because Michael and 'Naj' (as he seems to be known) certainly aren't.
2016-10-18
Use props
thefilmguy
lvl.1

userde968106c1 Posted at 2016-10-19 15:25
Lol dji attacking the drone market from gopro? Umm look around dji owns the drone market, and karma  ...

No **** sherlock. Did you not read? I said I'll be pulling my order. And sorry mr. unofficial moderator, I should have specified the portable drone market. Does that make you happy? Seriously dude, obviously this is a thread with upset customers. They have every right to be upset.

And to note, they were pre-orders. If they are having production issues to meet demand, they should be halting from taking anymore orders until the can promptly supply shipping dates. It's simple business.

But seriously, my message was to DJI not you. Lay off.
2016-10-18
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 09:02
I don't mind my money gone, since I'd have paid it in full anyway if I had the drone in hand, but p ...

Of course, there are other ways to make money with money. Btw, you'll have to teach me how to make some good money with day trading... I'm afraid that if I try I'll lose money more than gaining it... Experience matters I'm sure..
2016-10-18
Use props
SHJMw4xhOqc8
lvl.2

Australia

userde968106c1 Posted at 2016-10-19 15:25
Lol dji attacking the drone market from gopro? Umm look around dji owns the drone market, and karma  ...

Wrong they said shipping was starting on the 15th oct. watch the video. Don't understand how people don't understand this.
2016-10-18
Use props
nister5
lvl.1

United States

I'm just pissed only because they took the money in full BEFORE they even shipped out the product. Had they have just charged once shipped, I guarantee half of the angry customers would be fine with the delay, (I would be fine). You can't just take $1k in full, and put out no delivery date, yet alone a vague "mid october" which is now "november". Copy what every other fortune 500 company does and charges you once they ship it for pre-orders like Apple, samsung, etc..

2016-10-18
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

Harm

Ignore me.
2016-10-18
Use props
thefilmguy
lvl.1

With an original release date of Oct 15th, as my guess to steal away customers from Karma, you can bet there will be a risk of quality control. That's why I've given them a deadline by this Friday to release or I'm getting a refund. I actually didn't know this company was based in China which makes me very skeptic of accurate shipping dates.
2016-10-18
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

Where does it say Karma is delayed guys?
2016-10-19
Use props
usercd4297da46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

watuse Posted at 2016-10-19 15:12
PEOPLE PEOPLE, listen just cancel if your not satisfied or have DJI give you a compensation for the  ...

Some countries have more reasonable regulations than others. If you are unaware of the regulations in your country, don't fly. It's that simple.

This is one thing that I applaud DJI for. Their no fly zones. It goes some way to preventing new "pilots" from either accidentally or unknowingly operating in an area that is likely to lead to contravening local regulations. Sure you can circumvent this but it's a start.

People seem to forget. Drone's are dangerous in the wrong hands. You essentially have 4 knives spinning at high speed floating all over the sky. In the wrong hands, that's a recipe for disaster. Just look for drone fails on youtube.

Some will cancel but this is not where most of the anger is. It's about lack of information.  
2016-10-19
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 04:09
Ahh, he does? But he's not representing DJI on this forum. There are no indicators in his name or  ...

Tahoe Ed is North America Forum Support and is responsible for many of the reps who post on here,  

Your talking to the boss not one of the reps them selves, Ed has been part of the DJI supoort team for a long time and looked after RCG, Twitter and Facbook as well as some of the reps on here.

Please stop posting fals information about who he is.
2016-10-19
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

So far, fair to say the MAVIC doesn't actually exist?

It is still in development?
Or redevelopment, or renaming .. general product INNOVATION etc
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules