Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FACEBOOK LIVE Privacy Settings SUGGESTION For OSMO+/All Devices
1222 7 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnchimento
New

United States

HEY DJI PEOPLE, i just have a suggestion with the facebook live portion of the dji go app.

1. You select live streaming Platform
2. You Select Facebook
3. It shows that you are logged into facebook
4. You select Continue
5. It prompts you to select your privacy setting and give your live feed a description....
6. Then you can go live...

Here is where my suggestion comes in....

In the actual Facebook App...when you go to start your live feed or any type of posts...in the privacy settings it lets you select multiple options: Examples: Public, Friends, Acquaintences, Only You....Etc.... But it also lets you select "Friends....Except...." and then you can choose people you dont want to specifically see your post.

Inside the DJI Go app it does not give you this option. You can only pick: Public, Friends, or "Only Me".... What good is a live stream if its only you... So anyway this may seem like a weird suggestion for me to ask for the option to exclude specific people through the DJI Go App for the livestream and not many people may need this feature but my reasoning for asking for this goes as follows:

I have a motorcycle and i bought the bike mount for my OSMO + and i also have a girlfriend who i pick up from school and drive around with on my bike....I want to Do livestreams and post videos of me driving the bike on facebook without my girlfriends mom seeing that i have the bike cause she doesnt like motorcycles/nor does she know i bought one like 8 months ago...and i cant do this because she is an active friend on both of our facebook accounts and can see everything i post... so here i am buying the osmo and i cant even live stream with it on my bike lol....

DJI Let me know if there are any future updates with the features of the built in facebook live stream settings Please & Thankyou! Please help!

2016-10-18
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

I believer it automatically publishes to the public. You can go back in to Facebook after you've posted it and change that setting as well as what the status is that you've got listed.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Many thanks for your suggestion.
I'll pass the suggestion to the appropriate team for review.
2016-10-19
Use props
johnchimento
New

United States

SkySight Posted at 2016-10-19 03:57
I believer it automatically publishes to the public. You can go back in to Facebook after you've pos ...

yes...duh....but what good is that when you need to have it private from the beginning to the specific people. you cannot view your live feed through the DJI go app while your inside your facebook app at the same time. it doesnt work that way.
2016-10-19
Use props
videodjjb
New

United States

you can go on her mom's page and click on friends and select acquaintances and she won't be able to see your posts! ;)
2016-10-19
Use props
webfreak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with this post... the privacy settings are lacking.  I don't want my coworkers knowing I'm out flying my drone on my lunch break..    Please fix this!  It's a setting in the app, but when you actually go to launch it does not obey those settings.
2017-3-3
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

People still use facebook??  Our kids don't touch it.... yesterdays news.
2017-3-4
Use props
fans1c7c387c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Only Me for testing Facebook Live feeds to ensure there is enough wifi or cellular coverage in advance of the real live event. It's very import for us. But I also have a small created a small group for testing as well which I could see needing. But I am using Osmo Mobile so I don't have FB Live access in the DJI App (as far as I know).
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules