Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic comes with USB Type-C Cable!
7075 24 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pell.alex
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

Hey,
so i just had a conversation with the support because i ordered the mavic yesterday and noticed today that i will need a Type C cable to plug my phone togehter with the RC.
Apparently the mavic comes with one!

Support

Turns out. My page is old. There is an updated FAQ page.

Three cables are included in the box: one with Lightning connector, one with a standard Micro-USB connector and the third one is the USB Type-C connector.

That is awesome!!

Me

Ohh ok nice, that's great news ^^

So i have no need to order another one.

Support

You are correct!!

Me

Alright, thank you for the support ;) Have a nice day!

2016-10-20
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Posted and discussed but good for the second shift of eyeballs who wont find that original discussion.
I initnatlly ordered all of those pigtail cables to cover myself with the myriad of phones i use on the daily . I was directly emailed (as others ) and was told this cable would come in the box after all and that I could cancel.

I chose not to cancel because its good to have spares as those cables already look thin and not robust...
2016-10-20
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

Not according to official product documentation included in the box and available online..

The customer support staff tends to have inconsistent answers. Take what they tell you with a grain of salt..
2016-10-20
Use props
Eldonbkh
Second Officer
United States

Team iPhone.
2016-10-20
Use props
Pello
Austria

I hope it's true, i don't wanna order a cable for 32€ with shipping...
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Just so you guys know, although it is not as comfortable to hold, you are able to use your own USB cables with the RC.
2016-10-20
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

The Cable is incluided. It is on the website... Just look for it closely. Saw it a few days ago. If no-one finds it... I'll show you. Just to keep you busy while waiting
2016-10-20
Use props
Pello
Austria

Noiceee!
2016-10-20
Use props
lmorel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4787 ft
United States

I'm glad I came acros this as well. I just got my tracking number so I started downloading all the PDFs. First thing I looked at what "What's in the box". And I realized there wasn't a type-C RC cable listed. So I was worried.

To confirm, DJI LA Support, can you please clarify this? I realized I could use my own Nexus 6P cable but it would be nice for everyone around here to know OR NOT that the Type-C RC cable is included or not.

I know Nees mentioned it is included based on what's on the website but I guess I need to dig deeper than just the official "What's in the box" PDF.
2016-10-22
Use props
lmorel
lvl.1
United States

Never mind and I apologize to everyone. The most accurate information is listed under the product page itself. The PDF is "outdated".

Mavic Pro - In The Box page

2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

lmorel Posted at 2016-10-23 01:50
Never mind and I apologize to everyone. The most accurate information is listed under the product pa ...

Glad you got your info, sorry I couldn't answer sooner.
2016-10-22
Use props
lmorel
lvl.1
United States

No worries, thank you Ken!

How are you holding up? I should be receiving my Mavic on Wednesday (10/26). First DJI drone. I cannot wait!! I will be trying to contribute around here with useful posts and feedback as much as I can.
2016-10-22
Use props
WayneHuntley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4823 ft
United States

So DJI-Ken,  I know this is probably a silly question.  But, why do we need a cable for our tablet or phone to connect to the controller?  Doesn't it have an option to connect to the controller via wireless or Bluetooth?  I bought the NVIDIA SHIELD K1 8" Tablet and i'm hoping to build some sort of mount to hold it while using the Mavic controller.  I couldn't really see anything in the Mavic owners manual on why we have to connect the phone or tablet to the controller other than when doing software updates.  So, I thought I would ask the silly question :-)  Thanks!
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

lmorel Posted at 2016-10-23 03:07
No worries, thank you Ken!

How are you holding up?  I should be receiving my Mavic on Wedn ...

That's great. Just remember to read the manual before your first flight.
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

WayneHuntley Posted at 2016-10-23 03:57
So DJI-Ken,  I know this is probably a silly question.  But, why do we need a cable for our tablet o ...

You need the connection for the OcuSync video/RC downlink and for the features to operate and see all the telemetry.
You can fly without the RC and use your device but you will be in WiFi mode with a few hundred feet distance limit.
They're will be aftermarket holders that will go into the RC and then you connect your larger device.
2016-10-22
Use props
WayneHuntley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4823 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-22 14:03
You need the connection for the OcuSync video/RC downlink and for the features to operate and see a ...

Ah so we do need a hardwired connection to our tablet/phone.  Then hopefully one of the connectors that comes with the Mavic will work with the NVIDIA SHIELD K1.  Otherwise, I can just use the cable I use now even thought it is a little long LOL :-)  I spotted another thread where someone is already putting together some holders for larger tablets.  I have a Windows 10 Nokia 950XL phone.  So, i'm out of luck using my phone. So, I bought the NVIDIA SHIELD K1 based on the reviews I saw from the Phantom 4 pilots.  This is going to be great!  Thank you for your fast reply!  Wayne
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

WayneHuntley Posted at 2016-10-23 04:24
Ah so we do need a hardwired connection to our tablet/phone.  Then hopefully one of the connectors ...

Yes, the Mavic will come with the correct USB cable you need but it will be too short as it's made for your phone in the holder.
You can use you regular USB charging cable. Although you may find a better quality cable online as there will be lots of data being transferred between the RC and your device.
2016-10-22
Use props
Pello
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-23 01:37
Yes, the Mavic will come with the correct USB cable you need but it will be too short as it's made ...

A little of topic but i was wondering how we can charge the controller, is it only gonna work with the micro usb-plug where the cable for the phone plugs in too, or can we charge it via the normal usb-plug on the botton of the contoller?
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Pello Posted at 2016-10-24 02:54
A little of topic but i was wondering how we can charge the controller, is it only gonna work with  ...

It will come with the standard Micro USB cable that will plug in to the AC adapter and then into your RC.
If you look at the in the box you can see the cable that is included.
2016-10-23
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

Great infos! Now I don't need to buy an extra cable for my Nexus 6P!
2016-10-23
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
Canada

Great news, now I can afford a new Pixel XL!
2016-10-23
Use props
Daniu
lvl.1

Taiwan

Highly recommend the USB type c cable. It is hot sale on amazon.
2017-2-20
Use props
Motley Drew
New

United States

I just got my Mavic and was excited to fly it, but my Android phone is too big for the remote control (even out of it's case). I had an old Android phone that i charged up and it fit perfectly... only the cable that goes from the remote to the phone faces the wrong direction, and it's too short to bend it around to make it fit. What's a guy to do? {:4_157:}
2017-3-20
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

What phone you have and may post a photo here.
I just got this cable to use with my own mount and case.

DSC_5036.JPG
2017-3-20
Use props
Motley Drew
New

United States

ngvuanh Posted at 2017-3-20 15:52
What phone you have and may post a photo here.
I just got this cable to use with my own mount and case.

This is the cable I tried to use for my Android, but it's backwards/upside down. I can't turn it the other way, because the cable is too short to fit.

My lame cable

My lame cable
2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules