Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Altitude (0m) in all EXIF files
2100 10 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pekka.vanhatalo
New

Finland

Hi,

I have an issue with Matrice 100/Inspire1/Zenmuse XT thermal camera. I have used  the XT camera with both quadcopters. Before 29.9.2016 everything was ok, EXIF data was saved to every still picture normally including GPS coordinates and altitude. After 29.9. the altitude have been zero meters in all pictures. It is the same thing with both copters. Then I took an other XT camera, it was the same thing. I think the problems began after DJIGo 3.0.0 update 29.9.2016. I have updated now to 3.0.1 but it did not help.

There is also an other mystery I noticed at the same time. I have two Inspires and one Matrice 100. I have tested them all with different cameras X3 and X5. All the copters, no matter what camera installed, saves the altitude vice versa. If the altitude in the EXIF file is 100m on the ground and I climb up to 70m, then the altitude is in EXIF file 100-70m= 30m. It should be 170m.  All these copters, cameras and tablets have the latest firmware. I have written to DJI tecnical support about a week ago, no response yet. Our mapping business is standing still

Have anyone else had these kind of issues?

Pekka

2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you use any SDK or 3rd party apps, or do you only use the Go app?
2016-10-20
Use props
pekka.vanhatalo
New

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-20 23:39

I don`t use any SDK. I have used following 3rd party apps, Maps Made Easy, Drone Deploy and Pix4D. All of them have saved altitude information correctly as well as DJIGo app. until 29.9.2016. After that day everything changed. Xenmuse XT gives 0m altitude and X3/ X5 cameras gives altitudes vice versa. No matter what copter I use.
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pekka.vanhatalo Posted at 2016-10-24 03:53
I don`t use any SDK. I have used following 3rd party apps, Maps Made Easy, Drone Deploy and Pix4D ...

Did you update firmware around that time? Have you tried uninstalling all the apps and reinstalling the Go app?
2016-10-23
Use props
pekka.vanhatalo
New

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-20 23:39

29.9.2016 I made last successful flight - at the same day when DJIGo 3.0.0 update was launched. The tablet(s) updated the version 3.0.0 automatically between 29.10 - 3.10.2016 when the WLAN have been available. My next flight was on 3.10.2016 and I noticed the DJIGo was different than before and incorrect altitudes was saved to EXIF files. I did not reload DJIGo app, but I have tried with an other iOS tablet that was updated too to 3.0.0.  In addition to I have tried with an Android tablet - no success. I have also a friend who has a Matrice 100 and Zenmuse XT, last Thursday he noticed the same problem as I, XT`s EXIF altitude was (0m) in every picture. A couple weeks earlier he had taken photos with the same copter and camera - normal altitudes was saved to EXIF. In addtion to I have updated the DJIGo app to version 3.0.1. on 18.10.2016 - no help.

Should I anyway dispose off the current version 3.0.1. and reinstall it again?

Please, can you confirm the EXIF altitude is a GPS altitude (not barometric) measured from the Sea Level (ASL)  
2016-10-24
Use props
pekka.vanhatalo
New

Finland

pekka.vanhatalo Posted at 2016-10-25 00:36
29.9.2016 I made last successful flight - at the same day when DJIGo 3.0.0 update was launched. Th ...

Hi Again,

The problem seems to be larger. I asked a Finnish DJI distributor to test these altitude issues with their own copters and cameras. I got results today, they have also exactly the same problems. I think they will write to  DJI soon about the matter.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pekka.vanhatalo Posted at 2016-10-25 05:36
29.9.2016 I made last successful flight - at the same day when DJIGo 3.0.0 update was launched. Th ...

If you have an older version of the Go app available, I would recommend trying to revert back in order to better troubleshoot. Alternatively, the Android version of the Go app also recieved an update today called v3.0.1. You can see if it persists. Just to clarify, are you running the latest firmware on all your units? Did you happen to perform any firmware updates around the same time as the app updates?

For the EXIF data, it's only able to measure from what is recorded as ground level and not sea level.
2016-10-25
Use props
Geronimo13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 529721 ft
France

Hi,

Same issue here with the altimeter info in the Exif file. Inconsistent !
I understand the question regarding the Sea level or Ground level reference as sometimes, the values were UNDER the sea level ...

Config is Matrice100 + DJI Go 3.x

Same thing appear also after complete Android wipe + DJI go installation.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Geronimo13 Posted at 2016-12-28 01:29
Hi,

Same issue here with the altimeter info in the Exif file. Inconsistent !

Just to clarify what firmware are you running on your M100 and could you verify the Go app version you have? The data on the Exif fine, as previously stated, would only record the ground level and not sea level. If it seems correct for ground level, then that's the best it could do.
2016-12-27
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issues with the I1 and with all cameras  including the xt and z3.  I was hoping this group was not having problems but it appears you are  too.  

I too believe it is in the Go App.  I have a pre 3.0 version and will do some testing too.

Ed

Ed
2016-12-27
Use props
Geronimo13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 529721 ft
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-25 09:14
If you have an older version of the Go app available, I would recommend trying to revert back in order to better troubleshoot. Alternatively, the Android version of the Go app also recieved an update today called v3.0.1. You can see if it persists. Just to clarify, are you running the latest firmware on all your units? Did you happen to perform any firmware updates around the same time as the app updates?

For the EXIF data, it's only able to measure from what is recorded as ground level and not sea level.

OK, new mission done 2 weeks ago with same troubleshooting.
Config M100 firmware : 1.3.1.00
App version: 3.1.2 (may be 3.1.1 3 weeks ago)
RC: 1.8.0+
Have a look on this 2 pictures taken at the same real altitude around 25-30m, at the same time (+/- 30 secondes)
Exif Altitude values are completly different and inconsistent:
picture 1: 6,10 m (which was not the true value compared to ground level by the way)
picture 2: 0.20m.
a lot a picture done with simular errors.
Hoping you will identify your issue specially with the new GroundStation Pro application I plan to use for 3D modeling. (Not possible today with inconsistent Altitude value)

picture 2: Exil Altitude = 0.2 m !!

picture 2: Exil Altitude = 0.2 m !!

picture 1: Exif altitude = 6,40 m !

picture 1: Exif altitude = 6,40 m !
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules