Inspire Leaning in Flight
1814 11 2015-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I don't have pictures on this one, I'll try to replicate it today, if the wind dies down...

Basically my Inspire is leaning during flight some times - it does not always hover level.

There is a definite lean to the north-west, regardless of the direction the Inspire is facing.
It doesn't drift in that direction and I've performed an IMU calibration (twice) and a compass calibration.

The values in the sensor readings look absolutely fine.

It doesn't seem to affect the flight characteristics, it flies smooth as anything but there is a slight (maybe 5 degree) lean in the NW direction.

Any one else experienced this?

2015-2-3
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

Is the wind coming from the NW? Maybe it's auto-compensating for the wind you mentioned.
2015-2-3
Use props
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Unfortunately not - this has happened on two separate days, one with a little wind from the south and yesterday with pretty much no wind at all.
2015-2-3
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Have you done the IMU calibration?
2015-2-3
Use props
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes, I've done two calibrations - both times it calibrated correctly, the values displayed are almost identical to others I've seen posted.

Also when I did the calibration, I made sure that the Inspire was perfectly level and not leaning in any direction.
2015-2-3
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

If it's "leaning" in one direction without drifting to it, the only reason for this is compensation - in this case it has to cpmpensate be the wind.
There's absolutely no other reasonable explenation - just physics...
Means everything is fine - don't worry...
Cheers  
2015-2-3
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Mine leans heavily as well with the landing gear down. With the landing gear up it's a bit less noticeable, but I'm pretty sure in my case it was compensating for the wind. My inspire swirls around the place alot, but I can't say it's going in a specific direction because of the leaning..
2015-2-3
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

If a multicopter is "leaning" it's generating a momentum (cause the Motors and props are not movable). If it's not drifting, it means there has to be a "against Player" who also has to generate a momentum in the oposite direction to make the copter Holding it's Position...
And if it's not a goast it has to be the wind....
2015-2-3
Use props
Plus Form
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My F550 leans into the wind like a champ, im yet to put the inspire up in winds as strong (especially without prop locks)
2015-2-3
Use props
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks guys - you're probably correct on this one - it always did it at altitude - makes sense that the winds would be higher up there

I flew quickly last night, stayed level the whole time.

One thing though - anybody else finding they have to do an IMU calibration every time they fly?

I'm always getting an IMU Bias error and having to re-calibrate every time I power the Inspire on.
2015-2-4
Use props
fawkem911
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I do recalibrate before each flight - its a bit of a pain in the ass to stand around for 5 mins waiting.. but then its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things., Not sure about the IMU Bias error, not seen this one.
2015-2-4
Use props
william.lemoine
lvl.1

United States

Mine has done this and other things with Gimbal after multiple calibrations.  DJi now saying they can only do something if I pay to ship to them and they keep for 2 to 6 weeks!  Terrible!
2015-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules