Variable ND filter for Osmo+
6512 7 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

Anyone have recommendations for Variable ND filter for Osmo+?

I have tried
Neewer® for DJI Inspire 1 ND2-ND400 Neutral Density Adjustable Variable Filter
sourced from Amazon however I returned it due to lack of Min-Max stops. The filter had a ND scale etched on edge of filter however you could easily adjust past these points resulting in an uneven darkened video which wasn't immediately obvious on the iPhone viewer.

I have a ND16 DJI filter however a variable would be more flexible.

Lee
2016-10-20
Use props
nahaont
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257513 ft
Vietnam

I've ordered a set of PolarPro Cinema Series for Osmo+. It should arrive today. I'll make a test during weekend and let you know the result.
2016-10-20
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Canada

nahaont Posted at 2016-10-20 22:03
I've ordered a set of PolarPro Cinema Series for Osmo+. It should arrive today. I'll make a test dur ...

Thanks. Other than quality, I'm particularly interested if the filter just freewheels around and you have to make sure to look at an etched scale or if there are stops at the min and max.
2016-10-21
Use props
nahaont
lvl.2
Vietnam

breezeway95 Posted at 2016-10-21 21:05
Thanks. Other than quality, I'm particularly interested if the filter just freewheels around and y ...

Hi, checkout the test video here, raw and unedited. I'm using an ND8-PL in Cinema Series.

Sorry for posting this late, I had an intense week.
To adjust the saturation level. You will have to rotate the outer ring and the color saturation will change in your phone live view.
2016-10-27
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Canada

nahaont Posted at 2016-10-27 21:58
Hi, checkout the test video here, raw and unedited. I'm using an ND8-PL in Cinema Series.

https:// ...

Thanks for posting that video. Does the kit also come with a variable neutral density filter as well? They work similar to a polarizing filter in that you rotate a ring to dial in the effect however a variable ND only changes the amount of light coming through the lens as you dial.

Lee
2016-10-28
Use props
nahaont
lvl.2
Vietnam

breezeway95 Posted at 2016-10-28 20:52
Thanks for posting that video. Does the kit also come with a variable neutral density filter as we ...

The pack comes with:
1 ND8-PL
1 ND16-PL
1 ND32

And both PL filters are circular polarizer so you can adjust the color saturation as you want it to be. You can check it out on PolarPro website:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... inema-series-3-pack

I have to say the Cinema Series from PolarPro is incredible, I bought the regular filters, which also from PolarPro, for my Phantom 4 and after I tried the Cinema Series I sold all of those regular ones and ordered a Cinema pack.

Still in love with those Cinema filters.
2016-10-28
Use props
nicolasfsh
lvl.1
Canada

Does anyone use taco-rc ND filters with Osmo+?
this packs

thanks

2017-2-12
Use props
Propwash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

breezeway95 Posted at 2016-10-21 06:05
Thanks. Other than quality, I'm particularly interested if the filter just freewheels around and you have to make sure to look at an etched scale or if there are stops at the min and max.

Cinema series polarpro filters are not variable there a fixed value two of the filters have additional polarising features.
2017-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules