avh
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,

I have the below setup:

DJI A2
Lightbridge V1 - Dual controller
Zenmuse Z15-HD III (HD)

My issue is that I can not connect via USB port to the GCU to do any firmware update.

I keep getting error saying "Read device information timeout!"
I have tried 2 Windows Machines, 2 cables and both 1.2 and 1.4 software.

Please understand that the A2 software assistant DOES work - It is only the Zenmuse Z15 software that does not connect.
It is not a PC or Driver Issue.

I have come to the conclusion that it is an issue with the GCU - and I heave researched many such issues.

If I use Servo cables to standard RX, I can make the gimbal work, however, I can not set it to work via A2, as I can not upgrade the software in the GCU.

Help - Anyone....!

Thanks

2016-10-20
Use props
llcr3ll
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

im having the same issue how did you fix it?
2016-12-4
Use props
fans1584888d
New

Canada

same probleme for me too i want a fix please
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans1584888d Posted at 2016-12-19 22:31
same probleme for me too i want a fix please

I've responded to you on your own thread.
2016-12-19
Use props
JiiHaa
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-19 15:17
I've responded to you on your own thread.

Same problem here. Setup: S800.A2,iosd mark 2,Zenmuse z15N. A2 assistant work´s but zenmuse assistant,no connection?
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JiiHaa Posted at 2017-1-10 01:01
Same problem here. Setup: S800.A2,iosd mark 2,Zenmuse z15N. A2 assistant work´s but zenmuse assistant,no connection?

Was the Z15N connecting before, or is this happening right out of the box? How long have you had this set up?
2017-1-10
Use props
JiiHaa
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-10 13:55
Was the Z15N connecting before, or is this happening right out of the box? How long have you had this set up?

This is new setup for me. i Bought this zenmuse from my fried,installed it,upgraded a2 software. i have never get connection from assistant to zenmuse.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JiiHaa Posted at 2017-1-11 03:26
This is new setup for me. i Bought this zenmuse from my fried,installed it,upgraded a2 software. i have never get connection from assistant to zenmuse.

How long did your friend have it? Was the Assistant software working for him prior to giving it to you?
2017-1-11
Use props
JiiHaa
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-11 13:54
How long did your friend have it? Was the Assistant software working for him prior to giving it to you?

I don´t know,but that´s not the point. Now i have the zenmuse, and the assistant don´t work.
From where can i download older assistants programs to test connection. (not 1.2 or 1.4)
Zenmuse seems to work somehow in one mode(H.Free) not the trace???
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JiiHaa Posted at 2017-1-11 23:04
I don´t know,but that´s not the point. Now i have the zenmuse, and the assistant don´t work.
From where can i download older assistants programs to test connection. (not 1.2 or 1.4)
Zenmuse seems to work somehow in one mode(H.Free) not the trace???

The point is to determine if it's an issue with your computer or the connection on the GCU itself. If it just worked for your friend, then it may be something on your end. All available Assistant softwares are on the original Z15N download page. The H-Trace issue may be due to a mapping configuration issue with your RC, do you have the RC channel mapped properly in the A2 Software? Has this rig ever incurred any hard landings?
2017-1-11
Use props
JiiHaa
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-11 23:38
The point is to determine if it's an issue with your computer or the connection on the GCU itself. If it just worked for your friend, then it may be something on your end. All available Assistant softwares are on the original Z15N download page. The H-Trace issue may be due to a mapping configuration issue with your RC, do you have the RC channel mapped properly in the A2 Software? Has this rig ever incurred any hard landings?

A2 assistant works ok,i use same laptop,same usb cable,same connector in laptop;no connection...
My friend never used this Z15,it was  in "backup" setup.I´m pretty sure it is software/firmware issue.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JiiHaa Posted at 2017-1-12 09:55
A2 assistant works ok,i use same laptop,same usb cable,same connector in laptop;no connection...
My friend never used this Z15,it was  in "backup" setup.I´m pretty sure it is software/firmware issue.

Given how old this unit is, it could be a hardware error as well. The Z15 N has been discontinued for years now and long term storage can be a factor. What LED indicators are you getting from the gimbal? When you connect the GCU to the computer, does it make an audio queue indicating that something is connected? What Windows OS are you running on the machines you tried?
2017-1-12
Use props
JiiHaa
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-12 10:54
Given how old this unit is, it could be a hardware error as well. The Z15 N has been discontinued for years now and long term storage can be a factor. What LED indicators are you getting from the gimbal? When you connect the GCU to the computer, does it make an audio queue indicating that something is connected? What Windows OS are you running on the machines you tried?

I´m using win 10 and win 7.No audio queue indicating when gimbal is connected. A2 indicates audio .  Green light bottom of camera. In assistant software,no lights.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JiiHaa Posted at 2017-1-18 08:52
I´m using win 10 and win 7.No audio queue indicating when gimbal is connected. A2 indicates audio .  Green light bottom of camera. In assistant software,no lights.

Since you're not getting an audio queue from the computer when you connect to the computer via the gimbal, that may signify a USB port issue on the GCU. Before going that avenue, however, is the Windows 10 computer updated to the latest software? Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode?
2017-1-18
Use props
JiiHaa
lvl.1

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 14:31
Since you're not getting an audio queue from the computer when you connect to the computer via the gimbal, that may signify a USB port issue on the GCU. Before going that avenue, however, is the Windows 10 computer updated to the latest software? Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode?

So A2 assistant works both;win10 and win7, zenmuse assistant neither,what does the win 10 update matters,Any REAL ideas???
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JiiHaa Posted at 2017-1-19 06:14
So A2 assistant works both;win10 and win7, zenmuse assistant neither,what does the win 10 update matters,Any REAL ideas???

The version of the OS can make a difference from one program to another. If the A2 and the Z15 used the same Assistant program, like the Assistant 2 does for the newer products, then you're latter statement would be valid. Given that the USB port from the GCU does not provide any sort of audio queue, and no other information is known about the Windows 10 OS to see if there is another software route to take, I can only recommend to have the unit sent into DJI for further analysis. The best contact information to get this started is via support.eu@dji.com.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules