New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-30 10:52
After everything worked without re-binding, I didn't try Ken's suggestion. However, I'm going to keep that in my back pocket, so to speak. Good info to have handy.

I may have mis-typed somewhere... both the RC and the Mavic are now running the current release of the FW.

Glad it's all worked out, fly safe.
2016-12-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-30 14:14
Thanks for jumping in Rich, always appreciated

Thanks Ken..  

always here to help if I can..
Rich
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-30 21:24
Thanks Ken..  

always here to help if I can..

I really do appreciate it Rich, It's pretty busy since tons more people got DJI aircraft under the tree for Christmas.
2016-12-30
Use props
zeqcmrY3vIh1
New
Flight distance : 72 ft
United States

Hey, the color mod style is showing only the first 3 and the rest is not. But when I can still choose the rest but there is no text it's like a bug. I had this too before I upgrade to this. How I can fix it. Thx
2016-12-31
Use props
Tobias78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 522379 ft
Germany

After installing this update DJI GO 4.0-app reported "Inconsistent Firmware".
I pulled the slider of the message to install the firmware (again). It stuck at 52 %. Waited, waited, waited. Mavic didn't even react pushing the power button. Removed battery.

Was able to restart Mavic with another battery. Could fly like a charm.

But the two middle indicator LEDs on the removed battery kept shining. Cannot switch that battery off. Reconnecting this battery to Mavic, DJI GO app showed 0% capacity.

Solved this problem finally by updating again via DJI Assistant 2 software.
2016-12-31
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the DJI assistant 2 software my upgrade is stuck at 94%.... any tips?
2016-12-31
Use props
StanKC
lvl.1

Canada

donachy78 Posted at 2016-12-28 00:58
Hi, does some upgrade info stored also in batteries?
Because yesterday I made the upgrade using DJI Go 4 app, everything ok, when I changed the battery with my second one, the app warned me about inconsisent firmware
So everytime I updgrade the firmware I have to connect all my batteries to complete the upgrade?

I notice it too with 1.03.0200.  Cycle thru your batteries after you have completed 1.03.0200.  This isn't that much different than Phantom.

After battery firmware upgrade, it will reboot.
As to DJI or anyone that knows, 1.03.0200 claims to improve gimbal operation in low temp.  Can someone explain how that's done?  I still get the shakes when drone accelerate really fast or come to a stop.  So far given I'm in Canada, I had been fly anywhere from -8c to +2c.  Although I have not had a chance to fly the Mavic over -2c since 1.03.0200 (damn winter).  

Because the gimbal is doing it's job indoors (20c), I can shake the drone and the dampening the motion just fine.

I never had this issue with the Phantom series, even in -20c.  Something led me to believe the rubber mount is culprit.
2016-12-31
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Does it fix the gps lock failure in midflight?
2017-1-1
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Awww this update is crude.

The other week i was prompted to update the firmware but i was in a remote area without wifi or sim connection so i declined.
Today i had some time and updated firmware. All went ok and plugged in extra batteries to update them as well.
Took the mavic down to the beach. Flew around for a little, was all good. Although on reflection i noticed the hover was a bit choppy, up and down slightly.
Grabbed my shoulder bag and headed towards the beach when it stopped in its tracks, wouldnt go forward and wouldnt turn as it became totally unresponsive just as it was heading to go out over the water from the beach, next stop New Zealand! After a 20 seconds it was turning by itself and starting rising full speed although i hit pause. It still kept rising.
So i hit the RTH but and a little while later it instigated RTH itself according to records which stated i lost connection as well.
So a battery failure warning followed by hi wind warning followed by loss of signal which triggered RTH which was not an accurate return btw, 3- 4 meters out with 20 satelites.
I havent had an ounce of trouble until today.

Do we have a fix for this fix?
2017-1-1
Use props
Andrejs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Make calibration of IMU etc. on new firmware.
I had problem with my 1 of 3 batteries: Battery error warnings. I discharged that battery to 0 and charged back to 100, made IMU calibration with that battery, compas calibration and problem gone so far.
Also I found that it is better to make compas calibration each time if you in new location. Specially if it is windy.
I was flying at 10ms wind in one spot and after I drived back home tried in another one (100km far away) spot to flight (windy as well) and started to get some errors (GPS signal lost with coming to ATTI mode etc.) I think it was because I didn't made compas calibration again.
I was sceptic about all this calibrations, but what I see now that it works.
2017-1-2
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Im not sure doing IMU calibration will fix battery error or high wind warning. Maybe it might address loss of signal?
This firmware seems flakey and not very confidence inspiring. 1st time used now i own a non responsive drone.
I doubt i will fly this again until some logical answers are given.
2017-1-2
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i posted this on another thread, but it think its valid here most of all.

Not sure why DJI would be so pleased with such Flakey Firmwares and softwares, and poor mapping,   the hardware appears to be mostly ok, ( Mavic and others should have built in screens to the TX but a HDMI/USB out to link to bigger screens if the user wanted it)  but then its added to some really poor software/firmware, i have no idea why its so poorly written as to be so unstable,  after all this is a flying machine, so it needs to be stable above all else !   Even experimental Firmwares like Betaflight are super stable and repeatable for race drones with goodness knows how many variations of hardware linked together,  also APM is pretty stable, but again with all sorts of hardware possibilities ?   so this is a mistery, as in this case its made very easy by the flight Hardware that doesnt change at all !  its made even easier by the fact that the communication/control transmitter system is also locked to its own,   so maybe they just need to make their own dedicated screen,  and then they would do away with all firmware upgrades,  firmwares and softwares, and associated issues.   giving one solid craft doing what it should.  lock the program on the chip, and then no one can mess with it either,  easily still giving a little eprom room just for your own personal cam and control settings.      i can only guess DJI didnt know what they had to make !   so came up with a stop gap program that interfaced the controller, and have now been bitten badly with people trying to connect all sorts of things too it, and not too perfectly either,  USB connections  are really poor at the best of times being connected and disconnected, hoping for a good clean connection.

the idea of connecting screens and stuff to controllers is so old hat technology and so prone to breakages its untrue,  dedicated controllers like Hubsan and Yuneec   are so much more usable and reliable,  if you have to stick with old ideas of seperate screens at least enclose it in the centre almost like parrot did with the Bebop skycontroller.

DJI you are so close! but so out of touch!
2017-1-2
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

I guess i just pack the mavic away until i get an answer. It cant be flown.
Not sure how long that takes so might have to wait for another beta testing firmware to be released in a few months.
2017-1-2
Use props
phil_r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65190 ft
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-2 16:31
I guess i just pack the mavic away until i get an answer. It cant be flown.
Not sure how long that takes so might have to wait for another beta testing firmware to be released in a few months.

I am certainly no expert but like you I have recently bought a Mavic (limited experience on non-DJI Quads) and have been trawling all the forums to see what if any pitfalls there are.

From what I have read - either here, on the net or at Mavic Pilots there is a common scenario where people are flying at a reasonable height and suddenly they notice their display shows very close to terrain. This is followed by a rapid climb and usually loss of control requiring either a RTH or Auto Land. There is also another scenario where some people have reported on auto takeoff their Mavic rises to about 4 feet, all engines cut and the quad drops to the ground - usually with gimble damage a result.

Some people have reported that turning off VPS solved the first problem and others have reported that the second (and the first problem) was solved by reverting to the firmware prior to 26/12/2016.

Like you, my Mavic has been nagging me to update the firmware and I have not done it. So far early days for me as I haven’t done anything very adventurous but you may want to consider reverting to the earlier firmware if you are willing. As far as risks etc with doing that I have no idea but based on the limited evidence it does point to a suspicion of the latest firmware. Hope this helps if possible but as I mentioned - no definitive knowledge if it will.

2017-1-2
Use props
fans6b34cd37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217339 ft
United States

phil_r Posted at 2017-1-2 21:12
I am certainly no expert but like you I have recently bought a Mavic (limited experience on non-DJI Quads) and have been trawling all the forums to see what if any pitfalls there are.

From what I have read - either here, on the net or at Mavic Pilots there is a common scenario where people are flying at a reasonable height and suddenly they notice their display shows very close to terrain. This is followed by a rapid climb and usually loss of control requiring either a RTH or Auto Land. There is also another scenario where some people have reported on auto takeoff their Mavic rises to about 4 feet, all engines cut and the quad drops to the ground - usually with gimble damage a result.

I received one of the first Mavics, but after the frist reports of crazy behavior. So I have only upgraded firmware/batteries once (so still on latest 1.2...) and using the original DJI Go app, not 4.0. I made sure I calibrated the sticks prior to first flight, and have taken it slowly and gradually since then. I have had 2 strange happenings since October:

1) During Christmas I tried DJI Go 4, but with old firmware, twice:
1a) The drone worked fine, but app dropped camera/crashed, so I had to restart the app. Then OK
1b) The drone lost camera contact/crashed. Restared app. The drone lost contact with the 21 satellites registered, resumed normal operation, lost contact again, repeatedly. I was able to get it back to land safely, but it after this it started slowly doing its own rotations that I read about.

2) After this I returned to using DJI Go app, and have not had any happenings again until I took it for a long ride (approx 1 km) away. It then started "seeing" things - visual collision alarms in mid air, but I was able to lower or rotate the aircraft, and then it flew like normal again. The Mavic was "stuck" during the period it was seeing things in air.

3) Every now and then, when on full speed/sport mode, it seems like the gimbal will tilt a little.

So, overall I'm still happy with the 1.2 firmware and original Go App, and definitively using this thing more (yet more carefully) than the Phantom 2.
2017-1-3
Use props
Lexus-5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38330 ft
United States

I updated when the controller told me to. My Mavic flew good for a couple of flights as I was in Tulsa OK. When I returned home I took a flight. The Mavic stopped several hundred feet away and would not respond to any stick commands. I've seen where the software update makes the drone think the sun is an obstacle and it will stop. I recently reverted back to the last revision and have had no issues. I'm hoping they fix the latest revision soon.
2017-1-3
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Finally got RC updated but it will not allow calibration of RC sticks. Many failed attempts/restarts retries. Brick wall, IMU calibrates OK but wont allow RC.
Still getting battery error with downgraded FW.
Great!
Now i have to choose another FW version and try again so i can calibrate and or try to get rid of this battery error.  
Another day lost trying to get this thing to work after upgrading with newest FW. I will leave it for a few days until i get full speed internet back.
Cant wait for the next firmware update  NOT!!!!

2017-1-3
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

Updates for a drone... mind blown!
2017-1-3
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Still getting better!!
Now i got rid of battery error and hi wind warning but now i lose signal while standing next to it.
Such a shame.
Now every flight results in no signal and a RTH.

2017-1-5
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Looks like a new firmware version is on it's way (following a new DJI Assistant Release.  Any chance we can get a fresh thread for it and close this one?
2017-1-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

You seem to be anticipating the new FW will actually fix this problem.

2017-1-5
Use props
fansf57ef240
New

United States

Hi! The DJI Assistant 2 v.1.0.9 does not recognizes my credentials to access and update the firmware. I have tried in two different computers and I downloaded the Assistant a few times in each computer. I will try the update through the app but it's a bammer...
2017-1-6
Use props
fans18695ed8
New
Flight distance : 23038 ft
Canada

how do I post my own thread? Won't give me the permission to do so. Sorry for the hijack.
2017-1-9
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question.  Received Mavic today and updated to this firmware 1.03.200 successfully using DJI Assistant 2. All went well and after compass calibration had a successful short flight.  Problem is that the DJI GO4 app keeps prompting me to update to the firmware that I already have installed. Maybe the RC needs updating?  However download fails when I let it go try again to do the update.  I recall having this issue with my P4P. Just had to keep rebooting and connecting RC and bird - finally got the message to update RC and it went.  What gives here?
2017-1-12
Use props
ADIRU
lvl.2
United States

Is this still causing issues?
2017-1-14
Use props
fansdbf610a2
New

Germany

Since I updated Firmware with DJI Go App (login to assistant not possible) I can´t connect to the drone anymore.
2017-1-15
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Would DJI add a Duel device display in their upcoming Firmware updates? Would be awesome to have 2 devices connected to one controller. Example, Smart phone connect via the small thunder bolt cable, a tablet connected via the USB port. Both devices displaying the same picture, perfect for a DOP who is viewing the image and providing camera tweeps to the pilot, almost like a VT monitor.
2017-1-15
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-15 17:19
Would DJI add a Duel device display in their upcoming Firmware updates? Would be awesome to have 2 devices connected to one controller. Example, Smart phone connect via the small thunder bolt cable, a tablet connected via the USB port. Both devices displaying the same picture, perfect for a DOP who is viewing the image and providing camera tweeps to the pilot, almost like a VT monitor.

Have tried using Litchi and Litchi Vue as that's a way to display on 2 devices at once but think Litchi Vue is only available for IOS

2017-1-15
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The Rev Posted at 2017-1-15 18:37
Have tried using Litchi and Litchi Vue as that's a way to display on 2 devices at once but think Litchi Vue is only available for IOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7VdFifx6to

Hey, my issue with Litchi Vue is that if anything happens to your drone when using the software, DJI Factory warranty and even the DJI Care Refresh is void. So in other words, if the software konks out and your bird drops like a brick, DJI shrugs their shoulders. How I know this?? YouTube DJI Care Refresh and you will find a pilot who crashed his drone and DJI not covering for the damage even thou he had DJI care refresh. So all third party apps are risky
2017-1-17
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-1-17 05:10
Hey, my issue with Litchi Vue is that if anything happens to your drone when using the software, DJI Factory warranty and even the DJI Care Refresh is void. So in other words, if the software konks out and your bird drops like a brick, DJI shrugs their shoulders. How I know this?? YouTube DJI Care Refresh and you will find a pilot who crashed his drone and DJI not covering for the damage even thou he had DJI care refresh. So all third party apps are risky

I wasn't aware of that thanks
2017-1-17
Use props
pitchmagic
lvl.1

Sweden

All of you that have problems, have you connected the controller to DJI Assistant and updated that to the latest firmware also? A few of you seems to have problems because of not doing that.

Peace.
2017-1-17
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The Rev Posted at 2017-1-17 06:48
I wasn't aware of that thanks

Great that you know now, thing is, because the DJI Mavic has been experiencing shipping delays before. Some DJI Mavic drone have come out with some glitches. I would advise only sticking to all DJI accessories and software because now in the Mavics early days, many are still reporting glitches which are not really hardware related but software. I updated the firmware on my OSMO a couple weeks back and the update came with new Pano features which are really cool, was very impressed. So day by day, DJI is bettering their products thru their firmware updates. Spread the word so people know
2017-1-17
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.2
United States

Is it safe to run DJI Go with the MAvic?
2017-1-20
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Are you talking Go 3 or 4? Because it looks like it varies by your phone. On a Galaxy Note 4, Go 4 has been fine for me. Go 3 worked a few months ago, and then I started ignoring that version in favor of the newer one, and then in favor of Litchi.
2017-1-20
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

KameronaTm Posted at 2017-1-20 12:57
Is it safe to run DJI Go with the MAvic?

Sure it is.
2017-1-20
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I tired LiveStreaming today on DJI GO 4 App and I had a black screen that was taking in the audio only, I then launched the old app, DJI Go and it worked fine. Is the DJI Go 4 app to replace the old one?
2017-1-21
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

So you have both apps installed on your phone/tablet?
2017-1-22
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-22 01:04
So you have both apps installed on your phone/tablet?

Sorry, I did not reply before, did not see the notification. I do have both DJI Go apps installed because I am a little confused to which App to really use, is DJI migrating their DJI App to the DJI GO 4? I use my OSMO with the Dji App.
2017-1-24
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

I am no software expert but i would guess both of those apps share resources which could cause issues.
I use only app3 and have no intention to experiment while everything is working fine.
If you want to use 4 i would suggest removing 3 first, but this is simple precaution.
App4 might have problems with video stream due simply to compatibility issue with your viewing device.
Hope you get it sorted.
2017-1-24
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.2
United States

Where did the manual focus option go?
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules