Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Combo Pkg - Currently Shipping
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davcom1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-23 23:13
Fair enough, but it also helps to run a post count up by posting 5 or more posts on a single page  ...

Fair point too.

Here's to some exciting news in the next 24/48hrs even for the slightly later purchasers.
2016-10-23
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

The benefit of hindsight doesn't change the situation. There are plenty of suppliers for DJI products that will take your order but only bill you once the item has been shipped. If you elected to pay in advance then isn't that the risk you take? The delay seems to have been with a problem in the firmware exacerbated by the volume of interest in the Mavic and consequential production constraints. Is it not better to wait a week or more to protect your investment from failing? Another thing to consider is there are many situations where deposits for goods or full payment, months in advance, is the only way to secure an order. Examples like holiday or flight bookings, concert tickets, hotel reservations, furniture sales, double glazed windows etc. First come first served is somewhat subjective; who is before who in an international selling market. Is it the major retailers who committed to take x amount of units and would have confirmed orders way in advance of any individual purchaser. And which countries are taking the highest volumes to satisfy demands of efficiency in getting those products out. Would it make sense to fill 10% of a container to one country, and a full one to another? At the end of the day the delay is not much more than a week, maybe less when you consider the dates given for delivery to your door. DJI make great products and demand is high. They have invested millions in R&D coming up with the next success story. If you want the best and most popular product you have no choice, and DJI are unlikely to start giving away compensatory "gifts" when they don't need to, and at the expense to those that are still in line patiently waiting for their order to arrive.
2016-10-23
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.1

United States

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-23 18:52
The benefit of hindsight doesn't change the situation. There are plenty of suppliers for DJI product ...

A couple of things

This was my first direct from DJI purchase, they certainly are not very clear or transparent about that they will charge you in full prior to shipping.  A direct statement in the purchasing process would be nice.

Your speculation about the delay is just that speculation since no official reason other then 'overwhelming demand" has been provided by DJI.  The more common speculation these days seems to be a shortage in batteries which is why combo's are not shipping (3 batteries per combo)  

Your advance purchase examples are all just that typical  advance purchase.  With merchandise it is customary to pay when merchandise is exchanged.

Who's to say who was first, subjective - an in e-commerce system orders processed are date and time stamped - nothing subjective about it, its very specific and simple data tools show the exact order without any subjectivity..

I agree with you DJI isn't about to give out "gifts" if they don't have to, I think what some on this and other forums are suggesting is its time for them to start feeling the pressure to either adopt more customer  centered experiences or start losing market share.  After all these are drones and the tech is not all that high tech or secret - another company can and will jump in - I encourage it and think you'd likely see it happening soon.
2016-10-23
Use props
siHB6cV6wcec
lvl.1
United States

As a new DJI customer it's been very disappointing to see how non-transparent DJI is towards their customers. Modern companies NEED to be completely open with customers if they want loyalty.  Otherwise the second some other company makes a drone slightly better people will just jump ship. It's in DJI's long-term best interest to openly explain what's going on but they seem to not understand that and are focusing on the short-term. I'm sure the Mavic is awesome but they need to step up their communications to match their technical abilities.
2016-10-23
Use props
WanderWorx
Flight distance : 745558 ft

Still no update.  I hit the submit button a minute after the site went live so mine should be in one of the first batches...

Order Time:  2016-09-27 15:54:57 (UTC)
2016-10-23
Use props
siHB6cV6wcec
lvl.1
United States

&nbsps;Undefined index at common.js&ATAT&
2016-10-23
Use props
godiva92
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-24 07:29
A couple of things

This was my first direct from DJI purchase, they certainly are not very clear  ...

Totally agree!  If there is another company just do as good or close enough to DJI product, you bet I jump the boat.  Too bad not now and we have to live with their self center attitude "you are feel free to cancel your order". ....  
2016-10-23
Use props
JDCeder982
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128488 ft
United States

Ordered fly more 2016-10-01 01:55:06 (UTC) direct from DJI to the US.  Still Pending
2016-10-23
Use props
Cactus Bert
lvl.4

Canada

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-23 16:29
A couple of things

This was my first direct from DJI purchase, they certainly are not very clear  ...

Your speculation about the delay is just that speculation since no official reason other then 'overwhelming demand" has been provided by DJI.  The more common speculation these days seems to be a shortage in batteries which is why combo's are not shipping (3 batteries per combo)  

This does seem reasonable. But doesn't the battery in the Mavic make it four batteries?
2016-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-23 23:02
To be fair, "hallmark" is not far off 3000 posts on this forum which is likely to mean that he has p ...

Thanks for benefit of the doubt davcom 1 , unlike what MKSOL says I'm going around  trying to discourage other members of this forum from cancelling orders, there all big boys & girls on this forum and I'm sure they can make up there own minds, I was just giving my opinion on how these releases have gone before, and this has a similar picture to it, but Mavic is by far the biggest I've seen.
Delays for this product are not as long as some of the others I've witness but this is so big it seems a lot worse, I'm sure everyone will get there Mavics soon.
My view on DJI's handling of shipping delivery and communication on this is much the same as everyone else, it's not been good and it should be much better, but this is high tech and this is not unusual for new release products to be delayed or put on the market to early without proper testing, i.e. Samsung release of there new phone.
I think Mavic might be a couple of weeks late, and I know that's tough for some people, but I think it's worth the wait, and in a few weeks all this other stuff will be forgotten about and people will be talking about IMU calibrations and the like.
Regarding MKSOL opinion on how I racked up points , well he's wrong , I have a P4 & osmo orignal and a osmo pro x5 I also previously owned an inspire 1 and a P3P , and it's on these forums the these points come from.
The problem with MKSOL is while he might be happy knowing people cancelled their orders, and he might want to continue to run down dji as a company he has himself invested his money in , his problem is he doesn't have the strength of his own convictions to cancel his own order.
I hope your Mavic arrives soon.
2016-10-23
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just my opinion, DJI have taken their time to respond to the mass over reaction from despondent customers to avoid knee jerk responses which would cause further confusion and angst. Always read the terms ad conditions of a purchase, especially if its for a lot of money. I saw the consequences of buying direct and ordered through a dealer. I'm still waiting like all of you for my bundle package, and I won't lose any sleep if someone gets theirs a week or so before me, life's too short to get that wound up about something that is out of your hands and there's nothing you can do about it.  I genuinely feel sorry for a few guys on here who have a holiday deadline and wanted the Mavic to take away with them, but it doesn't change anything I've already said. if you feel that strongly about it for whatever reason, get your money back and buy another product that is available to you now. If your urgency for a drone isn't that great, get a Mavic at a later date, take a cold shower, have a beer and relax a bit.
2016-10-23
Use props
ditdot
lvl.1

United States

All of you people complaining about shipping are KILLING me. I want mine...just as much as you do.  However, I ordered mine, knowing it was pre-ordered.

They stated that they would begin shipping mid-october...not on the 15th. So...they began shipping right on target. Get off their case. They're doing all they can to get your order to you. I assure you!

Now...have a coke & a smile and STFU!!
2016-10-23
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.3

well it's a lot of money and people expect things to be done correctly, since i even think the rep said phantom 4 was hectic as well, so you'd assume theyd be a bit more ready, I for one can wait (not really) I would love it now but i also been preaching that they should give a free care package to everyone who has waited longer then a week or deduct it off the cost for anyone else who bought the care package.
2016-10-23
Use props
sboti74

United States

I too ordered the Fly more package and have been holding my tongue knowing it's really not going to do much to complain however I just hope that DJI sees enough of use concerned about our hard earned money in their hands. I ordered directly from DJI on the 27th and payment went through immediately.  I ordered the Fly More package as well.  So, my take if DJI is able to ship non Fly More packages, then why can't we, Fly More Packages, get just the Mavic and when they get the extra batteries in or whatever is holding up our packages, ship them.  Honestly, I think it's really the only right thing to do.  We spent more money not knowing we would have to wait.  If I would have known, I would have ordered the $999 Mavic so that I could learn it's capabilities and demonstrate to my customers while waiting on the extra stuff......  

In the end, I hope they start shipping the Fly More packages shortly.  To be honest, if I find the $999 Mavic at the Apple store before I get a shipping notification of my Fly More, I may have to pick it up and cancel the Fly More....
2016-10-23
Use props
dragnolcaasi
lvl.1

Canada

Cactus Bert Posted at 2016-10-23 21:09
Your speculation about the delay is just that speculation since no official reason other then 'over ...

The combo only has 2 extra batteries, (3 total).
2016-10-23
Use props
jshimoon
lvl.1

Canada

This is when i ordered: 2016-09-27 21:44:52 (UTC)

Still nothing
2016-10-23
Use props
bj25430
lvl.1

United States

Did I miss something about the OCTOBER 15th ship date that was plastered on the screen when dji revealed the mavic?  I guess that can be intrepted as " October 15th or any time after that and when we feel like it"  can you imagine working for these guys and it's payday , the 15th, and when payday comes around there are no pay checks nor any explanation for it.  And then the company tells ya to " have a coke & smile and STFU"  I know for me I had better have a clear explanation of why I don't have a paycheck.  Lol. It's not like these guys didn't know they were going to have this shipping issue before the 15th.  They just didn't show up on the 15th  and realize they weren't going to be able to ship.  If they intended to ship on the 15th then the status on the orders would have read that way.  Transparency folks.  That's what people are upset over.  I don't care to wait but come clean and be proactive. Crash and burn dji.
2016-10-23
Use props
3hd9Aq2UtQlM
lvl.1

United States

016-09-27 19:45:42 (UTC) - fly more combo

Just spoke to chat rep. They noted that it would ship out within the week and the delay was due to the accessories.
2016-10-23
Use props
macmedia
lvl.1

United States

Ordered mine:  2016-09-27 20:18:54 (UTC)  (fly more combo + Care refresh)
No status update as of yet.

Adam Najberg - Global Director of Communication, DJI​ should be fired for botching up the lack of credible communications and letting everyone else put out false rumors.  He's the global director - he should have realistic expectations of shipping dates for the Mavic.  It's a big company and they are shooting themselves in the foot for allowing people to get pissed off.  

People who placed their orders first should get deliveries first - not someone else down the line just because they ordered a lesser package.  If they need to make multiple shipments because something is not in stock, well they should suck it up and pay for the extra shipping for extra packages and know to plan better in the future.  They are still making a killing with profits (especially when these people ordered directly from them so there isn't profit to share with any middlemen)  

Apple is clearly the leader in the fulfillment business.  Everyone gets a pretty firm date when they are to get a package and if they have to ship separately to make deadlines - there's never a problem.  That's why they have a great following.   DJI should learn a few things from them.
I was seriously thinking of buying an Osmo Pro X5 (don't really need an expensive toy like this but recently made a home run on a job).   Because of this Mavic fiasco, I'm putting this on hold for the time being to see how I make out with the Mavic.  I'm still pro DJI - but the delay (technically small delay) with the uncertainty of the situation, and customer service that is a bit lacking is making me rethink if I should buy a Canon 5D mark III instead (different animal but both have their plusses)
2016-10-23
Use props
brng71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5188369 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's good to know they will be shipping fly more combo this week.
2016-10-23
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
United Kingdom

macmedia Posted at 2016-10-24 02:53
No status update as of yet ...

Apple are a major reseller for DJI. No need to worry about DJI.
2016-10-23
Use props
Cactus Bert
lvl.4

Canada

My thoughts on the matter is DJI jumped the gun to take the GoPro out of the competition. These threads show the aftermath of that decision.
2016-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

macmedia Posted at 2016-10-24 02:53
No status update as of yet ...

In the first 10 years of Apple, they weren't such a great company as you would like to think, they are now 40 years old , dji is 10 years old they still have 30 to go to reach Apple standards, sometimes it's better to give credit where it's due,
Rome wasn't built in a day, so there about 8/9 days late , and the sky never fell in,
2016-10-23
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.3

United States

I don't see any status update except famous "we are sorry" message. Order placed on Sep 27
2016-10-23
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft

DJI's transparency and on time shipping is right on par with any Kickstarter ... said that they've been in business for 10yrs and can not do a simple demand projection.
2016-10-23
Use props
brng71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5188369 ft
  • >>>
United States

Order mine: 2016/9/29 20:51:21 (utc) status pending
2016-10-23
Use props
James Young
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1085049 ft
Australia

I just checkied with DJI support.

I ordered the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo directly from the DJI website on September 27th, at 23:52 UTC
DJI support says that my order will ship in around a week from now (aprox Monday 31st November).
They say that the reason for the delay is a lack of spare batteries.  Honestly, I'd prefer to have received my Mavic first, and waited for the additional batteries to be shipped later.

I live in Hong Kong, so it's not as if the shipping from Shenzhen would take very long.  Or be expensive.  I would even be happy to collect my extra batteries in person, since it's only a train ride away.

My order still appears as "Pay Confirmed" and "Shipping status = Pending"
2016-10-23
Use props
agzela
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-23
Use props
Mayoo
First Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Must be typo .. He said 1 week .. so Oct 30th ..
2016-10-23
Use props
Khan SW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32956 ft
United States

Ordered mine through DJI Official Store on Newegg.com 10/04/2016 07:52 pm

So far no shipping notice, still showing order verification for status as nothing has been charged to my account. I was advised that my order would be shipped by the 18th of Oct but that has come and gone with no change in status to my order. I'm guessing I'm in limbo and will see it when ever they decide to send it since their word obviously means nothing to them. *Sigh*
2016-10-23
Use props
godiva92
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

brng71 Posted at 2016-10-24 10:00
That's good to know they will be shipping fly more combo this week.

I don’t know where you got this update.  Honestly I really hope so.  But I just chat with DJI CS in Chinese, thats not the same picture.  CS clearly told me the fly more combo still have no shipment status and don’t know when like all other email reply.  I first request to split my combo order to ship just Mavic first, but she refuse said that is not possible at all.  Than I did ask her is there any compensation DJI can offer us due such unfair situation they put us thru, and of course they said nothing you just have to live with that.  More she/he urged me to cancel the order and get it elsewhere if available.  If anyone interested the conversation under Chinese I can post the whole thing here.
Anyway had checked with one biggest local dealer and confirm won’t have any Mavic stock available until Xmas.  I guess we can only live with that.  DJI won’t really care about our preorder as long as they satisfy the other half who order standalone package.  This is a horrible business practice which should not be happen to an international company but thats the Chinese company nature once problem arise.
2016-10-23
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.4

China

godiva92 Posted at 2016-10-24 12:22
I don’t know where you got this update.  Honestly I really hope so.  But I just chat with DJI CS i ...

You have to take anything the customer service people say with a pinch of salt. They have never given reliable information and if one of them did it was probably a complete coincidence. I can't believe the delay will be that long, even an extra week past the start of the basic package shipping would have a lot of people going completely crazy.
2016-10-23
Use props
Mayoo
First Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-24 00:56
You have to take anything the customer service people say with a pinch of salt. They have never gi ...

yeah .. until end of December with payment paid in full ?.. cmon ..  i am praying towards a week wait max for combo ..
2016-10-23
Use props
Draxel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Although the delay is abhorring, I definitely don't regret getting the Fly More pack.
Who on earth could live with only one battery?
2016-10-23
Use props
lqLvHUqXWVUb

Hong Kong

James Young Posted at 2016-10-24 11:07

I ordered the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo directly from the DJI webs ...

Hey James

I live in HK as well - also ordered the Fly More Combo although a few days after you. Hopefully you're right about the shipping being quick given where we are.

Where will you be flying in HK?

Cheers
2016-10-23
Use props
calvindo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344738 ft
United States

DJI!!! ship our drone already! with the extras or not... Really not cool for those ordering the 27th, and having to wait!
2016-10-23
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.4

China

Draxel Posted at 2016-10-24 13:23
Although the delay is abhorring, I definitely don't regret getting the Fly More pack.
Who on earth c ...

You can buy them separately and get at least 3 for the same price.
2016-10-23
Use props
elefantastico
lvl.1

Spain

The only thing for sure is that DJI comunication policy is chaotic. Last week they send an email talking about delays, global demand, and all that chit chat, only to start deliveries a day after.

Now one says he/she has been told the delivery starts in december, another says they told him/her they would start this week.

I ordered on the 28th, so I'm clearly not super happy to see others behind in the line get their mavic because they order just the drone (or they were smart enough to split order), but let's face it, it is either this, or cancel order... But, sometimes it is better to learn things by bad, next time I preorder from DJI, I'll order just the drone or split.
2016-10-23
Use props
godiva92
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

James Young Posted at 2016-10-24 11:07

I ordered the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo directly from the DJI webs ...

You must mean by 31 Oct!  If delivery is 31 Nov nothing the date exist that is going to be super disappointing.
2016-10-23
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.3

godiva92 Posted at 2016-10-24 14:43
You must mean by 31 Oct!  If delivery is 31 Nov nothing the date exist that is going to be super d ...

I think the last order should be before 31 November.  I go to thesyore youcan see u can order one today and get it within November
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules