Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 video feed useless in DJI Go App since update
7624 38 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89551 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I've had it with this. Since installing the latest "update" of the DJI Go app, the video feed in the DJI Go App is useless. I had to shoot a construction site today and 10 feet away, there is a horizontal green band across the camera view. At seemingly random intervals the entire feed would "glitch" and pixellate and be unusable. I plugged my FatShark Dominators in and the view there is perfectly clear. WTF did DJI do? The app appears to be broken for the P4 now.
2016-10-21
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

what rc fw version you on ?

if 1.7 downgrade back to 1.6 and it should be fine again
2016-10-21
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-10-21 19:05
what rc fw version you on ?

if 1.7 downgrade back to 1.6 and it should be fine again

So I tried to downgrade. It said it failed. Controller would not do anything. Hit the power button and all lights immediately came on instead of the normal press and hold to power on. The connection LED showed green and and when I opened the DJI app, it would just keep saying firmware needed upgrading, but it would not do anything other than fail when I tried.. After about ten minutes while I was reading online the controller beeped and it was back to normal mode, but it won't let me do anything without updating the RC firmware. I went ahead and updated it and I'm able to connect to the aircraft again, but the video is still unusable.. Now when I try to go to the firmware to go back, there is nothing but 1.7 listed.
2016-10-21
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.3

United States

For me the problem started after the IOS 10 update and GO app 3.0.0. Have not changed any iPad Air 2 settings.
I don't know if any CPU or GPU parameters were changed in IOS 10 and GO app 3.0 but looks like there is a glitch or decode communication problem that is causing the GO app to glitch and have bad video Rx. Constantly at any distance I get green screen, half black screen, pixelation in the image or image freeze for 1-2 seconds. Looking at the P4 live and comparing with what is displayed on the screen do not match (turning the camera 180 in real life and image still shows straight image for 1-2 seconds before it catches up). Have disabled the hardware decode option and all improved 99%. I am inclined to believe that GO app 3.0.0 is the problem since it has incorporated codec for MAVIC drone now that operates on iPhone/iPad without a dedicated controller (RC) and for some reason the video in conjunction with the HARDWARE DECODING on RC is a bad idea.
Curious to know if I am the only one with this problem or are others out there. I have a P4 (never crashed or abused) paired with Inspire "C" RC with iPad Air 2 dedicated for P4 only, nothing else on it and everything is turned OFF. Same problem when paired with original P4 RC which proves is not an RC problem. Took my friend's P4 RC and paired it to my P4 and got the same problem. When the HARDWARE DECODING was turned OFF the problem looks like went away.
2016-10-21
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Look on the forums there we hundreds reporting the same thing. I know two local operators that are having the issues too.
2016-10-22
Use props
andy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having similar issues on Android, and DJI Go 3.0.0.  It is across multiple android devices, and only on a P4.  My Inspire Pro (on the same android devices) works perfectly normal.

Andy
2016-10-22
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

Dacon Productio Posted at 2016-10-22 14:10
For me the problem started after the IOS 10 update and GO app 3.0.0. Have not changed any iPad Air 2 ...

Have you updated the Go app to 3.0.1? I'm on Go 3.0.1, latest ios 9 ipad, and second last P4 FW, and still have green video feed glitches within 100ft with no obstacles.
2016-10-22
Use props
broadlandboy
Captain
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Think it's the firmware on the P4
2016-10-22
Use props
calls4u2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Bump, same here. It's like power went down to near zero for the wi-fi link
2016-10-23
Use props
smason
New
Flight distance : 187 ft
Canada

I have the same problem, video just a mess. Video in goggles OK. Tried downgrading RC Firmware and the video cleared up but won't allow me to take off because the firmware is out of date.
2016-10-23
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

It's odd though that the HDMI output is fine. So it looks like some kind of incompatibility with the firmware and their app, but they won't admit to a problem.
2016-10-23
Use props
calls4u2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Let's hope you're right Bob, that can be fixed, and let's hope soon, there's a lot of grounded phantoms from looking at forums online
2016-10-23
Use props
rs1
New

United States

Bought a brand new Phantom 4. It had to be sent in for DJI repair out of the box due to poor video signal. They replaced the camera and said there was something wrong with the board. Just got it back. It has the exact same problem. I've spent over sox hours on the phone with DJI tech problem solving without success. Lost 9 days while the unit was being repaired. I've tried every thing under the sun and the only thing that works slightly is to lower image transmission all the way down and pick the best custom channel you can find out of the eight (tried installing the DJI config to see all 32 channels but that didn't work and only have eight still...apparently the latest firmware might prevent you from hacking to 32 channels). This is by far the worst product I've ever purchased in my life...
Bought a brand new Osmo too....that just got shipped out for repair also straight out of the box because it can't connect to the Osmo network which would not be a problem if you could just use a cable!!!!!!!!!! No, not a option to hook it up with a cable.....
So both my brand new purchases from DJI had to be sent in for repair straight out of the box....the Phantom was just returned after repair and it's still not working properly. Worst products I have ever bought!!!!!!!!!..........unless you speak Chinese in which case perhaps you will only have to spend three hours on the phone without any results.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the late reply.
What current firmware version of the RC and aircraft and what mobile device you are using?
Could you please record a video of the issue?
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rs1 Posted at 2016-10-27 11:58
Bought a brand new Phantom 4. It had to be sent in for DJI repair out of the box due to poor video s ...

Sorry for the frustration.
Could you please provide me with your RMA number?
The video signal become better after you lower image transmission and select a stable channel,right?
2016-10-26
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-26 23:12
Sorry for the frustration.
Could you please provide me with your RMA number?
The video signal beco ...

Its the RC firmware. I was able to roll mine back to 1.6 and it resolved the issue (as others have reported). Someone else reported sending their P4 in for the problem because Support told them it was hardware. They sent them a new P4 with the exact same issue. It looks like if you have the 1.8 RC Firmware, video streaming is corrupted in the DJI Go App. DJI Needs to fix this. I was able to resolve another photog's issue that was having the same problem. We rolled him back to 1.6 and the problem went away.
2016-10-26
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.3

United States

Is not the RC firmware, I am using an Inspire RC model C with FW 1.7.4 and have the same problem. All started after the GO app 3.0.0 was introduced for Mavic drone.
2016-10-26
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.1
  • >>>

Dacon Productio Posted at 2016-10-27 14:02
Is not the RC firmware, I am using an Inspire RC model C with FW 1.7.4 and have the same problem. Al ...

It has to be some combination. I'm on 3.01 of the app and it works fine with 1.6 for the RC firmware but 1.8 is completely unflyable. Even the shutter button doesn't work on the RC with 1.8.
2016-10-27
Use props
paulcarriniv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1019199 ft
  • >>>

bob.lionel.gmai Posted at 2016-10-26 21:54
Its the RC firmware. I was able to roll mine back to 1.6 and it resolved the issue (as others have ...

What is the best way to roll back. Does it show up as an option in the desktoo software.
I'm having the same issues. I posted these video examples on another thread. The suggestion was to turn off obstical avoidance and reset to factory settings. Turning of avoidance did not work. I doubt resetting will work either.i was hoping plugging in iPad instead of Android would get me by. Very frustrating! Got a big job tomorrow!
https://vimeo.com/167158541
https://vimeo.com/188625679
https://vimeo.com/161676597
2016-10-27
Use props
paulcarriniv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1019199 ft
  • >>>

paulcarriniv Posted at 2016-10-27 15:17
What is the best way to roll back. Does it show up as an option in the desktoo software.
I'm havi ...

Wrong sample videos!oops
2016-10-27
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.1
  • >>>

paulcarriniv Posted at 2016-10-28 06:17
I'm havi ...

Not sure in the desktop software but in the DJI Go app and get to the screen where you select the Drone type. Hold the menu button in the upper right corner and it will eventually give you a screen that allows you to view the firmware version and upgrade or rollback the firmware.
2016-10-27
Use props
fans4053b617
New

United States

I have the exact same problem with my P4 horrible horrible video quality period seems to work pretty good until I hit the record button then everything goes to crap
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans4053b617 Posted at 2017-4-6 15:19
I have the exact same problem with my P4 horrible horrible video quality period seems to work pretty good until I hit the record button then everything goes to crap

Could you please clarify which firmware and Go app version you're running? What mobile device are you using?
2017-4-6
Use props
fans72396a4b
lvl.1
Lithuania

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-6 15:34
Could you please clarify which firmware and Go app version you're running? What mobile device are you using?

I've just got to fly my fresh P4P. Got same problem - when it doesn't record, tablet is receiving the stream (somewhat OK), but when I start recording - APP (Android - at the upper left corner) is saying it's disconnected. The drone controls work just fine, it's most definitely connected and reacts to fly-controls perfectly. But I the "record" button is not responsive, video corrupts/stops/goes-black-and-white. When it stops recording (finally, after few tens of button presses) and i switch from video mode to photo - the picture comes back for a second, then drops again.

App version is 4.0.5
Remote - 01.04.00.00
Phantom 4 Pro - 01.03.0418
2017-4-8
Use props
fans8bd2b97c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264541 ft
United Kingdom

So the admin, pops in and give a couple of platitudes about versions when DJI know fine well that the app is broken.  DJI are completely useless with regard to assisting customers.  This issue is well known and affects both ios and android.  This is a forced update to basically DJI has broken the P4 for many people/  DJI YOU ARE A USELESS COMPANY!!!
2017-4-10
Use props
D3coy
lvl.1
Lithuania

fans8bd2b97c Posted at 2017-4-10 02:21
So the admin, pops in and give a couple of platitudes about versions when DJI know fine well that the app is broken.  DJI are completely useless with regard to assisting customers.  This issue is well known and affects both ios and android.  This is a forced update to basically DJI has broken the P4 for many people/  DJI YOU ARE A USELESS COMPANY!!!

Well, I've had no chance to check the range, but after lowering the feed bandwidth to 4mbit, it seems to work while filming. I've also switch to manual channel which looked the best, and 2.4GHz for longer radio wave length.

I hope it works to have at least some kind of POV while drone is in the air.

Still, a very serious question, if the remote can't handle 10 mbit feed while 1 meter away from the drone, why is the option there at a very first place... ?
2017-4-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

D3coy Posted at 2017-4-10 13:47
Well, I've had no chance to check the range, but after lowering the feed bandwidth to 4mbit, it seems to work while filming. I've also switch to manual channel which looked the best, and 2.4GHz for longer radio wave length.

I hope it works to have at least some kind of POV while drone is in the air.

It is more than likely that your display device cannot handle the 10 Mbit feed, not the remote.
2017-4-10
Use props
fansecde7cf8
New

Finland

I removed the hdmi module and replaced with original and video feed seems working now
2017-4-12
Use props
ShedRat
New

United States

I did the firmware update with my phantom 4 and now when you go to the home screen to select what drone to connect to it doesn't even show the phantom 4 as an option and it was replaced by the phantom 3 pro.  i can still fly the drone with that selection but there is no camera at all.   any ideas on how to fix this problem?
2017-4-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ShedRat Posted at 2017-4-14 08:58
I did the firmware update with my phantom 4 and now when you go to the home screen to select what drone to connect to it doesn't even show the phantom 4 as an option and it was replaced by the phantom 3 pro.  i can still fly the drone with that selection but there is no camera at all.   any ideas on how to fix this problem?

You are using 'DJI Go 4' App ? If so then try relinking RC to aircraft.
2017-4-14
Use props
D3coy
lvl.1
Lithuania

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-10 14:38
It is more than likely that your display device cannot handle the 10 Mbit feed, not the remote.

How is it more than likely, if the device shows the feed just fine unless you start recording? Does the feed change? Sounds very unlikely and irrelevant. I've tried it on two different devices anyway, and despite the hardware difference - it works identically.
2017-4-15
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

D3coy Posted at 2017-4-15 10:43
How is it more than likely, if the device shows the feed just fine unless you start recording? Does the feed change? Sounds very unlikely and irrelevant. I've tried it on two different devices anyway, and despite the hardware difference - it works identically.

There seems to be some incompatibility between the RC V1.8 and many Android devices, rolling RC back to V1.6 seems to be a work around for many. It's a quick fix to roll back to V1.6 taking about ten minutes or so if I remember correctly:-

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines if DJI Go 4). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware. Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-4-15
Use props
7CfaCBViGnZC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426946 ft
United States

I seem to have the same issue with my iPad mini 4.
This thing is worse than my boat every time I take the thing out something breaks or doesn't work.
2017-6-6
Use props
paul55
lvl.1
United States

7CfaCBViGnZC Posted at 2017-6-6 02:48
I seem to have the same issue with my iPad mini 4.
This thing is worse than my boat every time I take the thing out something breaks or doesn't work.

Hi
I see that this post started last year in Nov and there is still no solution!
I've just got my new Phantom 4 pro today and I have the same problem... no video streaming at all or image totally scrambled... with green strip or totally pixelated.
I had to upgrade to be able to run the Go app now showing firmware version 01.03.0000 (I guess for RC when connected to it) & 01.04.0602 (AC)  (when connected to aircraft) when holding the 3-bar menu on the first screen of the app.
I can not believe that DJI has not fixed that issue yet!
2017-6-18
Use props
paul55
lvl.1
United States

paul55 Posted at 2017-6-18 14:29
Hi
I see that this post started last year in Nov and there is still no solution!
I've just got my new Phantom 4 pro today and I have the same problem... no video streaming at all or image totally scrambled... with green strip or totally pixelated.

I have just managed to downgrade to 01.03.0509 on the aircraft.
2017-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

paul55 Posted at 2017-6-18 14:32
I have just managed to downgrade to 01.03.0509 on the aircraft.

And has this sorted your problem ?

If so then that seems to suggest a problem with the P4 Pro firmware or some sort of device incompatibility.
2017-6-18
Use props
FrostyCan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 727841 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I just bought a Phantom 4 Pro and after updating the firmware on both the craft and the controller, I took it out for its maiden flight yesterday.  I had the same issue.  The live view doesn't work.  There's a narrow band at the top that's a pixelated but the rest is either a green band or black, so I couldn't see what the P4P sees.

What's the answer to this?
2017-6-25
Use props
fans9be5ffa4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
Jersey

For android v7 galaxy tab s2 was either es file explorer or turning of developer options in settings I did both together. I am not going to break it again as the issue as it been a real pain just hope this may help other andriod users. I had green video on my galaxy s8 too. When I get a chance I will uninstall es file explorer and report back if it fixes. Safe flying
2017-8-4
Use props
fans0a89f425
New
United States

a few months ago, I started having the same issue. earlier this week, I had to photograph a farm house. when I turned on my Phantom 4 Pro, everything went on as usual, but I saw a message it was updating something. once it was done, I had no video feed. I thought it might have been my tablet, so I went back to my I Phone 8 Plus, and still no signal. The homeowner went to the forum to help find the solution and said this is a common problem people are experiencing. we tried something that someone posted.   turn on the drone and controller, then press and hold the drone battery to see if that re set something.  
2019-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules