Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal is GOPRO hero 4 compatible?
11266 7 2014-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noc77
New

Italy

I bought my DJI Phantom one December 2013
Thanks

Antonio
2014-10-1
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it is. There is a video of someone using it.
2014-10-1
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not able to get the video feed to work on my H3-2D gimbal. I can see the video using my phone app, or when I plug an hdmi cable into the TV but on the gimbal I don't have any way to see the video on my FPV screen.
2014-10-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will not get video out on H3-2D.  Try starting record and see if the video comes up.  One user reported this started the display and it continued after he stopped recording.  This would have to be done every time you fly.  One user contacted GoPro and they are aware of the problem.  I tested the same on my H3-2D.  The H3-3D v1 has a similar issue.  The new H3-3D v2 does not appear to have these issues.
2014-10-8
Use props
leedoramrani
New

United States

I have the zenmuse 3d gimbal and it works with the hero 4 but for some reason after the last firmware update the gimbal slants to the right about 2 degrees... read my post.
2014-10-12
Use props
leedoramrani
New

United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2014-10-8 05:51
I am not able to get the video feed to work on my H3-2D gimbal. I can see the video using my phone a ...

You have to set up a system in place before you fly what I like to do is first is make sure you are on the right band and frequency that your video transmitter is on and try find the best one.  I then put a card in my gopro, fix the settings I like to film with that day and start rolling.  After that I turn on my diversity FPV screen and power on the remote before I power on the P2.  I have found that when I do this I have a better signal with my drone and lock to GPS faster.  Also check all of the zenmuse gimbal ribbons and connections because these tend to separate pretty easily.  FYI if the gopro is not turned on you will not see anything on the FPV.  
2014-10-12
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem is that the Hero 4 is not compatible with the older gimbals that feed video from the back of the camera. I ended up selling the H4 and went back to using the H3 black camera.
2014-11-21
Use props
deweyaxd
New

United Kingdom

DJI Part 56 - 6 screws and 10 mins and you can use your H3-2D with the Hero 4.

2014-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules