Any bets on when the first one goes in
2352 20 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>

When will the first Mavic bite the dust, so to speak, because the owner failed to read the manual and wants to blame DJI for a fault?
Bet it's before November the 1st.

2016-10-23
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428448 ft

It's already happened, so there's that...
2016-10-23
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

KLRico Posted at 2016-10-23 10:39
It's already happened, so there's that...

Yes, most Mavic enthusiasts have seen the video where Casey Neistat lost his in the Hudson, most likely to user error (being kind).

It has been implied that iJustine lost hers in the ocean while in Hawaii last week. Things she said implied that it fell out of the sky during high winds, though she never said she crashed it. However, you only see P4 footage from that point on. She was more, on and on and on and on about dropping her Sony Sony A7R Mark II in a swimming pool... Yeah, that's a $3000 body, plus probably another $800 or more for the lens. There is video of her going into the pool for it, and you can see the strap is on the camera. Why you would take a shot over a pool and not wrap the strap around your wrist or put it around your neck is beyond me, but hey... It's her money, not mine.

Anyway... It seems that the free, pre-production Mavics that they gave to some of the YouTube'r celebrities have been lost, even before us careful people get to buy one.

I think people are a lot less careful when they don't have to pay for things.
2016-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It was Casey twat in English in American Dope Irish Amadan, best translation.
2016-10-23
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

Funny how people get upset about these "irresponsible" vloggers losing free stuff... I like to think of it as them putting the drone through it's paces to A) show us the limits of the drone, and B) exposing possible holes in the firmware that DJI can address
2016-10-23
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>

Not talking about the pre-production units.   Units shipping now to first time owners.   
2016-10-23
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

EdM Posted at 2016-10-24 00:56
Not talking about the pre-production units.   Units shipping now to first time owners.

In that case.... day 1 for sure.... as soon as a bunch of people have them some are going down...
2016-10-23
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-24 00:42
It was Casey twat

That must be someone else... I was referring to casey NEISTAT, the successful film maker and business owner in NYNY who makes over 1.5 million a year, in and his beautiful wife, who owns her own successful business. Though he is very irresponsible with his drone usage, which I am sure will catch up to him at some point.
2016-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-23 18:37
That must be someone else... I was referring to casey NEISTAT, the successful film maker and busin ...

Everybody has there heros
2016-10-23
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-23 12:50
Everybody has there heros

It's not really about heros... It's about vulgar name calling, probably out of jealousy of some sort. It would be like I called Kim K a whore, and while true, it would imply some sort of jealousy of her money and un-earned fame.

As to being the first to crash or lose a Mavic, I am certain it won't be me. Not because I have never crashed one of my drones, but because I don't even have a tracking number yet, and don't expect it to ship until the 2nd week of November, at the earliest.

I hope no one has to go through the horror of destroying an $800 drone, but I realize it's bound to happen to a few, given the large number of them being produced.

And... If I had to pick a hero, I would have to go with Steve Wozniak (childhood here), or possibly Elon Musk (because I respect what he is doing).
2016-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-23 19:41
It's not really about heros... It's about vulgar name calling, probably out of jealousy of some so ...

It's also vulgar to to think that one man is somehow better than another by the size of his wallet.
Truth about Casey and why a lot of people don't like him he has more videos of illegal flying of drones on you tube, which has done untold damage to drone flyers and will continue to as long as he keeps making these movies.  
Don't know about your country but in mine Twat means Dope, it's something he seems quite happy to call himself..

My hero was Mother Tereasa.

2016-10-23
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.2

I would hate to think that one would be DOA right out of the box but I think it is a good possibility especially since DJI is scrambling to get them out asap.   Just guessing that quality control is going to suffer but we'll see....
2016-10-23
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

VoxUltrasonic Posted at 2016-10-24 01:07
In that case.... day 1 for sure.... as soon as a bunch of people have them some are going down...

Sadly, you're absolutely  correct. I started out in this hobby long before it attracted the masses and have seen many first time pilots ditch brand new hardware on their maiden flight. Some of those were home built machines with open source flight controllers and no GPS, others were units capable of completely automated flight.

Plenty of people treat multi-rotors like some sort of live video game and while DJI have done wonders with the technology in so far as minimising the risk of a crash, there will always be the eager virgin pilot that thinks full stick in all directions is how you fly.

2016-10-23
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-24 03:08
It's also vulgar to to think that one man is somehow better than another by the size of his wallet ...

I dont think people think hes better because of the size of his wallet..Hes SUCCESSFUL in his career path.If you think you can be as successful at doing what he does try to..I bet you fail... Has nothing to do with calling him a hero.I think its plain jealousy on your part.
2016-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rtazz17 Posted at 2016-10-24 14:42
I dont think people think hes better because of the size of his wallet..Hes SUCCESSFUL in his care ...

Then why even mention the size of his wallet. It's easy to see he is successful in what he is doing, he is also in the public eye, are you saying that people are only allowed say good things about him, are the public not allowed to have an opinion on someone in the public eye, this is his business he chose it and I think he's big enough to take the good with the bad,

My opinion on him for what it's worth on this subject is, I fly drones I fly within the rules and enjoy what I do, Casey who makes his living from drones has decided to up his game by uploading illegal flying videos to you tube , and always seems to flaunt his conquests at every opportunity. It is because of this bad publicity that more and more restrictions are being forced on the droning communities and I think I am entitled to have an opinion on this as it concerns me directly.

Jealousy far from it success in life is not all about the size of your wallet.

Success? I don't know what that word means. I'm happy. But success, that goes back to what in somebody's eyes success means. For me, success is inner peace. That's a good day for me.
2016-10-24
Use props
allen.rn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-23 14:08
It's also vulgar to to think that one man is somehow better than another by the size of his wallet ...

In my country twat means *something more vulgar.

*edited for content.
2016-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

allen.rn Posted at 2016-10-24 15:23
In my country twat means vagina.

In mine it means idiots fool dope, fanny means vagina in my country that's the only American slang word I know, in your country it's something different, I wouldn't call any man a vagina, to much respect for that part of the anatomy, lol.
I speak 3 languages first is Irish Gaelic, English,  and Spanish , if that's what I called him in American I can apologise and change the post, thanks for the heads up,
2016-10-24
Use props
26I0sSQ9iqHG
lvl.1
United States

"In mine it means idiots fool dope"  over here in the States that is "Twit" - Twat is a reference to a part of the female anatomy.  One letter makes all the difference eh? LOL
2016-10-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-23 17:55
Yes, most Mavic enthusiasts have seen the video where Casey Neistat lost his in the Hudson, most l ...

She said her friend would throw it into the ocean. And due to high winds, she flies the P4 and not the Mavic. She never said she lost it.
2016-10-24
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

JudgeRoyBean Posted at 2016-10-23 15:42
I would hate to think that one would be DOA right out of the box but I think it is a good possibility especially since DJI is scrambling to get them out asap.

There were plenty of P4's with hardware faults out of the sealed box, pre-ordered and otherwise, and there didn't appear to be a mad dash to the finish for the P4 release as there was for the Mavic...
2016-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-23 19:41
It's not really about heros... It's about vulgar name calling, probably out of jealousy of some so ...

Hi dana5 I owe you an apology, didn't realise exactly what the word t**t meaning in the USA , in Ireland it means Dope or fool, Gaelic translation which is my first language means Amadan, sorry if I offended you.
2016-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules