inspire 1 not reading gimbal...Can't update AC
1894 8 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedrodb
New

United States

I've been having a hard time getting my inspire 1 to work and have failed to get it working.

So, I downloaded the newest DJIGO app and fired on the RC and aircraft. The app read that I needed to update the firmware on aircraft, battery and RC. I downloaded the firmware on the app and let it install the update. I lost connection to the aircraft... The aircraft was in travel mode with blue light... I then read multiple forums online and tutorials and realized I should have updated the aircraft first then the RC... I then downgraded the RC firmware and re-linked the aircraft using the little red button on the AC and doing the three button reset on the RC. I was able to establish a link and take my inspire out of travel mode. I then turned off the RC, put the gimbal with the new firmware on SD card and turned on the AC. The AC did the little dance with gimbal and then did a blinking yellow light with the double beep. I thought it was updating and let it run for over an hour and half waiting for the green light... but never got it. I took out the SD card but never got a text file at all. I turned on the RC and AC and app and it read that the gimbal was disconnected even thought it was attached. I've gone back and forth for the last few days updating and downgrading firmware, relinking RC and AC but still can't get the gimbal to be recognized in the app. So I can't update the AC as its not reading the gimbal.

I borrowed a friend's inspire 1 to see if it was my camera that had gone bad but it seems to connect fine to his AC. When I attached his gimbal however the AC did not do the dance when I turned on the AC with his camera.

At this point I'm not sure what to do and I'm hoping you guys can help me resolve this and get the AC off the ground in working order.

Thanks,
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi,have you tried to unplug and plug the gimbal cable?
And what's the color of the light blinking on the aircraft? Still yellow?
2016-10-23
Use props
pedrodb
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-23 23:09
Hi,have you tried to unplug and plug the gimbal cable?
And what's the color of the light blinking on ...

Gimbal cable? Is that the cable under the gimbal mount?
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pedrodb Posted at 2016-10-25 03:11
Gimbal cable? Is that the cable under the gimbal mount?

Here is the image for your reference.
cable.png
2016-10-24
Use props
pedrodb
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-25 03:38

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see if this works.
2016-10-25
Use props
pedrodb
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-25 03:38

Nope...I took off the gimbal mount and unplugged and re-plugged the cables. One of them did seemed to be lose. But, when it turns on it does the gimbal dance then I get the flashing yellow light and the double beep.

Any other ideas of what I can do to get working?
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pedrodb Posted at 2016-10-26 08:26
Nope...I took off the gimbal mount and unplugged and re-plugged the cables. One of them did seemed ...

Have you tried to update the firmware again?
Could you please clarify the current firmware version of the RC and aircraft?
2016-10-26
Use props
fans18258db8
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-26 20:50
Have you tried to update the firmware again?
Could you please clarify the current firmware version ...

So I took the drone to a repair shop. Seems like the camera is not working. How much will it cost to repair it with you guys?  
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans18258db8 Posted at 2016-11-23 06:04
So I took the drone to a repair shop. Seems like the camera is not working. How much will it cost  ...

The repair invoice would be determined by the repair technician once it has been evaluated.
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules