123Next >
21222 86 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

First time DJI owner here. I bought the Care Refresh with my Mavic order. Can anybody explain how the DJI repair/replacement process works? Specifically:

1) I know that the first full replacement is $79 and the second is $129.. What I don't know is what about damage that doesn't require a replacement? How does repair service work, and what are standard costs when not replacing the whole unit? Previous experience or examples would go a long way here (I would assume the cost is between $1 and $78, else they would just give a whole new unit?)

2) For previous DJI owners who have used DJI's warranty or care services, what is the normal turnaround? The product details mention "priority" replacement units, but I'm not sure if that means 1 week or 3 months. (Let's pretend like there wasn't a Mavic backlog for the purpose of this discussion)

Thanks in advance for your input!

2016-10-25
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft

Take a look here: http://www.dji.com/de/service/djicare-refresh/info

But basically, if it gets Damaged, they will check if it's repairable, if not you'll get a new Unit.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you crash, you send it in and you will have the option to pay for the repair or use your Care Refresh.
If it's a $100 repair, I'd pay for the repair. If it's a $500 repair then I'd use the Refresh and get a new Mavic.

Currently, warranty repair times are 1-2 weeks from when checked in. It's an extremely valuable program and I encourage EVERYONE to purchase DJI Care Refresh.
2016-10-25
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
United States

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-10-26 02:00
Take a look here: http://www.dji.com/de/service/djicare-refresh/info

But basically, if it gets Dama ...

Thanks, A. I've already researched that site as well as the formal Q&A, and none of these questions were answered. They don't estimate a range of repair costs, nor do they discuss speed of service.. Everything is vague, which is understandable due to the range of support cases they receive.

I was hoping for unfiltered experience from folks who have used DJI care services before.
2016-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi
Regarding Mavic care refresh I understand they will either refurbish your Mavic  or issue you with a refurbished as new , , or replace it with new Mavic on there blurb emphasis on the word new is there.
Now on my experience with P4 under warranty regarding repair service.
1/ contact dji CS
2/ they will send you a case number
3/ they will contact couriers to call and collect
4/ the CS will let you know
what documents you need for courier i.e. Copy invoice,inventory of what your sending back
5/ courier will collect, you can then follow it all the way through repair / replacement process on dji go app until it arrives back to you.
6/ if there is a cost for repairs they will let you know

This was my experience there was no charge for shipping covered by warranty, my repair was covered under warranty, I received a refurbished P4 but for all purpose it was brand new never registered.
It took two weeks and I have to commend dji for their professionalism through the whole process,
2016-10-25
Use props
Zc4nW8WAYWvI
lvl.3

United States

Or do like I did...  State Farm policy for $36/yr and no deductible.  Covers more for less.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-26 02:16
Hi
Regarding Mavic care refresh I understand they will either refurbish your Mavic  or issue you wit ...

Thanks for posting your warranty experience, the Mavic Care Refresh should be just as smooth but maybe even faster as it gets priority.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Zc4nW8WAYWvI Posted at 2016-10-26 02:33
Or do like I did...  State Farm policy for $36/yr and no deductible.  Covers more for less.

I've tried to do that with my other aircraft in California and Arizona to no avail.
Besides, I would hate to have your insurance go up for a claim.
2016-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-25 20:14
Thanks for posting your warranty experience, the Mavic Care Refresh should be just as smooth but m ...

No problem, I also posted my experience on the P4 forum, it took two week in total to send from Ireland to Netherlands and back, fact I could follow updates on dji go , was great, I'm sure it is probably quicker if you live on mainland Europe, maybe in the future dji will have repair facility closer to me, but have to say it was all good
2016-10-25
Use props
Zc4nW8WAYWvI
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-25 12:15
I've tried to do that with my other aircraft in California and Arizona to no avail.
Besides, I wou ...

It's my only policy with them...  I could lose the Mavic in a lake, file a claim, have them quintuple my premium and I'd still be ahead (and the Mavic would actually be replaced, unlike with Refresh).
2016-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-25 19:10
Thanks, A. I've already researched that site as well as the formal Q&A, and none of these question ...

I have given you details of my experience there was nothing vague about I promise you
2016-10-25
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-26 03:38
I have given you details of my experience there was nothing vague about I promise you

Yes, thank you for your reply, it was very helpful! I was indicating the Q&A page on DJI's site was vague, not your response.
2016-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cheers thank you ,            
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-26 03:30
No problem, I also posted my experience on the P4 forum, it took two week in total to send from Ir ...

Thanks, for posting in the P4 forum.
I know the NL center was working really hard, it's great it was done in 2 weeks.
2016-10-25
Use props
ProToBe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30 ft
United States

Zc4nW8WAYWvI Posted at 2016-10-25 14:33

Hey buddy, I have state farm insurance for my cars and house, is the insurance for the Mavic Pro just add on or is included in your personal property insurance policy?

2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

ProToBe Posted at 2016-10-28 11:57
Hey buddy, I have state farm insurance for my cars and house, is the insurance for the Mavic Pro j ...

I couldn't say...  It's the only think I have insured with them.
2016-10-28
Use props
ProToBe
lvl.1
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-28 15:35
I couldn't say...  It's the only think I have insured with them.

I wish you could give us more detail, I just called my agent and she said they do not cover Drones (too much risk), I can include in my home owners insurance thou, but they only pay if my house gets burglarized.

If you are able to get more info on that please share with us!!!

Thank you
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

ProToBe Posted at 2016-10-28 15:24
I wish you could give us more detail, I just called my agent and she said they do not cover Drones ...

It turns out most agents aren't aware and have to look into it...  It's only been around for a few months.  Mine took a couple days to get back to me with an answer.

I don't know what else to tell you other than tell your agent to ask someone else, or talk to another agent.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Zc4nW8WAYWvI Posted at 2016-10-25 11:33

I had one for all my photo gear in the past.  Then one day... my State Farm agent said State Farm no longer offers those personal item policies.  My policy was cancelled.
2016-10-28
Use props
ProToBe
lvl.1
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 18:50
My agent said State Farm no longer offers those personal item policies.

That's said, it must be another insurance company out there that still do.
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 15:50
I had one for all my photo gear in the past.  Then one day... my State Farm agent said State Farm n ...

That's odd...  Because they do as of a few days ago.  I got a quote, as well as a friend in another state.  $60/yr for $5K in coverage and no deductible.  Use it twice in 3 years and they drop you from that policy.
2016-10-28
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

ProToBe Posted at 2016-10-28 15:53
That's said, it must be another insurance company out there that still do.

In my personal experience from just a few days ago, State Farm absolutely does.
2016-10-28
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I was thinking about getting the Dji Care Refresh, but it is not available in Norway.
In the rest of Scandinavia it is available though.
Unsure if the Norwegian sale and warranty laws prevent the Care Refresh option. I read a coule of years ago that warranty on RC trucks was very limited.
2016-10-29
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Your first and only concern should be when are you going to recieve the Mavic.???
DJI care program is useless without a drone!
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 2016-10-29 16:21
Your first and only concern should be when are you going to recieve the Mavic.???
DJI care program i ...

Your dead right about that, if you can't find it you may have a problem with dji refresh, so flying over water and pilot error, you will be the proud owner of a Mavic RC and some accessories, or if your flying without line of sight and make pilot error and can't find the drone it will cost €750 to replace.
If you loose it over water or flyaway because of malfunction, if it can be proved it will be covered by warranty.
Really dji refresh will save you €500 if you crash and it's dead.
€120 for dji refresh €99 for replacement or don't get it and the crash will cost you €700,
If half the buyers of Mavic care crash and get replacement dji will still quids in,
If half of these people crash we may have something very worrying to deal with.
2016-10-29
Use props
TBird_RainyLake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283930 ft
United States

HI,  I received notice that my combo package shipped on Oct 28 and will be delivered on Nov. 2.  I am very happy it's finally shipping!  I also received an email from DJI regarding the Care refresh details.
It stated the one year plan is from Oct 29, 2016 to Oct 29, 2017.  Why does the plan start before I receive it?  I know it's only a few days but with my luck I probably need repairs on Nov. 1, 2017.
Ken can you explain why Care refresh starts before we get our hands on them?
thanks     
2016-10-29
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

I hate it that none of these insurance options aren't available for us gah!
2016-10-29
Use props
Solon101
lvl.1

I have already purchased my Mavic pro  but still have not received it can I purchase a warranty still
2016-10-29
Use props
Solon101
lvl.1

One other question how long is the warranty for
2016-10-29
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

what happens if I lost the drone somewhere? say in a river so I can't recover it, what happens with DJI Care Refresh then?
2016-10-29
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

2016-10-29
Use props
candreas7163
lvl.2

Canada

I can't see the value in the DJI Care Refresh. It won't cover a drone lost for any reason. Any replacement is likely to be a refurbished unit (considerably lesser value then new). Your battery is likely to be unharmed. Your controller will be unharmed. You end up paying a very large premium for a replacement drone that might only be worth $600US.

I'm sure that like every extended warranty, DJI finds this a very profitable sales technique. As evidenced by how much its pushed by DJI reps on this forum.
2016-10-29
Use props
colonel0000
lvl.2

leostark Posted at 2016-10-30 12:47
what happens if I lost the drone somewhere? say in a river so I can't recover it, what happens with  ...

Here are the exclusions of Care Refresh:

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1)        Lost or partially lost aircraft or accessories.
2)        Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned aircraft.
3)        Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4)        Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5)        Repair fees for remote controller and modification accessories.
6)        Deliberate losses.
7)        Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8)        Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9)        Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10)        Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
11)        Damage resulting from circuit restructuring not in accordance to manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
12)        Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

So, even if you recovered it from the river it crashed in, it appears they still wouldn't cover it.  Kind of sad really because does it really matter if it crashes into water or is obliterated on dry land?
2016-10-29
Use props
Mark Hatton
New
United Kingdom

Solon101 Posted at 2016-10-30 03:42
I have already purchased my Mavic pro  but still have not received it can I purchase a warranty still

Yes, I think you have 48 hours after receipt of your Drone (or activation) to purchase the Care Refresh product.  Took me a while to find it on the DJi shop options though and was fearing they might have stopped selling it.  But tracked it down eventually and have bought it now.
2016-12-13
Use props
fansb837b455
New

Israel

Not sure if this is the right place to post my question but I will go for it.
I bought a week a go the mavic pro and I received it yesterday I have tried to buy the DJI care refresh everything went good during the order and I even received an email saying your order is in process even more I notice in my credit card payment is pending but after a few hours I received your order was refunded wasn't sure why????
I have tried to replace another order but the system said I have already order Care refresh to this S/N??? Anyone know why? And what I can do to fix it?
2017-1-5
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

I've been trying to find out about buying the Care Refresh AFTER the 48 hour window - which wasn't possible for me at the time.  I've emailed DJI support, but nobody has responded to several emails.

can anyone link to the order of the process, order DJI online THEN do video, or do video, send in and then purchase? I don't want to buy it, and then only after hear that something was done wrong in the process?
2017-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb837b455 Posted at 2017-1-5 12:27
I bought a week a go the mavic pro and I received it yesterday I have tried to buy the DJI care refresh everything went good during the order and I even received an email saying your order is in process even more I notice in my credit card payment is pending but after a few hours I received your order was refunded wasn't sure why????
I have tried to replace another order but the system said I have already order Care refresh to this S/N??? Anyone know why? And what I can do to fix it?

Care refresh is not available in every country, you may need to check this, I have not seen a list of countries included or not included, I suggest you go to dji chat line and check it out. Good luck..
2017-1-6
Use props
Johnny Tegiwa
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've currently got a ticket open as I wasn't able to purchase in the 48hr window due to my S/N not being recognised. No reply all day from DJI - how long do replies usually take?
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb837b455 Posted at 2017-1-5 12:27

Please email djicare@dji.com and they can assist you.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Johnny Tegiwa Posted at 2017-1-6 14:59
I've currently got a ticket open as I wasn't able to purchase in the 48hr window due to my S/N not being recognised. No reply all day from DJI - how long do replies usually take?

You are probably still ok since you attempted withing the 48hrs.
email djicare@dji.com and they will assist you.
2017-1-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules