86298 626 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Anoniem Posted at 2016-10-27 08:00
Hi, At 7.25 you say you've "fixed" the gimball and went flying with defective prop after a serious c ...

Agreed 100%. These idiots will be he death of the hobby.
2016-10-27
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

they already have,

We now have regulations everywhere that could have been avoided by less ppl flying over populated areas.
Sry for you crash, its an expensive toy to kill off.
But taking your righteous cape on and try to kill the hobby and maybe some ppl inn the progress just isnt right.

And whats upp with the "i own several dji drones" is that some kind of status symbol these days? Cause the youtube\forum trends sure as hell proves you dont know how a "dji drone" work or should be operated just from that statement.

I am in no way trying to say your an idiot., and you might have had a bad craft.But it kinda melts alitle away from flying with a broken prop...OVER PROPERTY! WITH PEOPLE! IN THE DARK!
And the fact you crashed so hard you bent the alu gimbal, with such a light craft that would have been a total dissasembly in my shop..

2016-10-27
Use props
burst
lvl.1

New Zealand

Would ATTI mode save the drone from crashing?
2016-10-27
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

burst Posted at 2016-10-27 18:05
Would ATTI mode save the drone from crashing?

In short: yes. Unless there's something seriously wrong going on in the CPUs/ESCs.
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 04:56
I've contacted DJI Care Refresh.  I purchased it before I even powered up my Mavic Pro yesterday a ...

From what we see and what we've heard this does not look like pilot error, this should be covered by warranty, and by the looks of it there may have to be a firmware update to solve this matter.
2016-10-27
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

I'm not the expert, but on page 1 there's a link to a page which show fly data. Do see some tips/ warnings about switching to ATTI and wireless interference. Do not see GPS warnings..?? Is a bit strange?
2016-10-27
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I've been waiting in the wings on this one , DJI S900 operator , was interested in the Mavic as something at the opposite end of the scale as to what i'm flying .
Now more than concerned on now several issues with this unit and most people have not even received them yet , it will be an interesting few weeks ahead .
2016-10-27
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Not got mine yet, but Im almost worried to take it out the box now when it arrives!
2016-10-27
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

So why does the footage before the crash looks unfocused?
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-27 07:48
So why does the footage before the crash looks unfocused?

I believe I selected to center focus on the remote earlier in that day.  Perhaps it was the compression of the 4K video to 1080 that makes the image not as clear?  I have seen it focus when I pressed the assigned button on the remote.  
2016-10-27
Use props
aerialphotograp
lvl.4
Thailand

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 19:06
I believe I selected to center focus on the remote earlier in that day.  Perhaps it was the compre ...

Why have your videos of the crash been removed from Vimeo and youtube?
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for your all the comments regarding UAS safely.  You're absolutely right!  I was just caught up in emotion trying to figure out what happened.  I knew I just spent $999 and was shocked that this happened.  I will take extra pre-caution in the future.  I should NOT have lifted off at the time that I did to re-test.  That was stupidity on my behalf and thank you again for the comments.  UAS safety comes first.  Thanks again everyone.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-27 06:58
From what we see and what we've heard this does not look like pilot error, this should be covered  ...

Thanks.  I do hope there is a firmware update that can resolve this.  Sounded like someone else had a similar issue to what I experienced.  I've been pretty happy with all my DJI products.  I suppose being one of the first to get something puts your in a risk category for things like this to happen.  They do say stay away from first year cars until the issues are worked out.  

I realize there maybe an issue which I know will get resolved, however I have to say the design and finish of the product is top notch.  I wish the controller made it a little easier to hit the home button.  The remote cover partially covers the home button.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

aerialphotograp Posted at 2016-10-27 08:12
Why have your videos of the crash been removed from Vimeo and youtube?

I'm in the process of uploading an edited version of the crash.  Slightly shorter.  There were UAS safety issues that I did not account for which was wrong on my behalf and now recognize.  So I took that down and will post an updated one.  Thank you again (posters) for reminding me of safety first.  I'll post a link shortly.
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 13:22
Thanks.  I do hope there is a firmware update that can resolve this.  Sounded like someone else ha ...

Good luck and thanks for bringing this issue here.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

nssd70ace@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-26 22:35
My Mavic on 10/26/2016 had this same arching motion. My son was flying it and noticed it started to  ...

This sounds like what happened to mine.  Initially the motion was arcing gradually.  When it wanted to come down, it was coming down with a faster spin.  I could not alter the direction of flight either as you had mentioned in your post.  Other than a bent gimbal and props and a scratch going across the top, the Mavic shell itself did not sustain any breaking.  It did fall on grass so it was slightly padded.  If it fell on pavement it would have been destroyed.  

I hope that this does not happen to you again.  
2016-10-27
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft

That happens when tou rush the production to meet a dead line to beat the karma sad very sad
2016-10-27
Use props
thegrindlab
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

[subscribed]
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-27 02:59
Could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
Method to download Flight D ...

I just saw your message DJI Mindy.  I'll send you the data logs in a moment.  Thanks for your help!
2016-10-27
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

Subscribed (sorry for useless post but this forum doesn't allow to subscribe without posting)

EDIT : well email notification seems to be non existant on this forum... 1st forum I see without this feature since..... ever
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 20:44
I just saw your message DJI Mindy.  I'll send you the data logs in a moment.  Thanks for your help ...

Also could you please clarify the current firmware version?
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

Here's the updated video.  Thanks again for reminding me of UAS what not to do's.  Video purpose it show what happened and how I did not have control on the RTH or descent.

2016-10-27
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 14:59
Here's the updated video.  Thanks again for reminding me of UAS what not to do's.  Video purpose it  ...

Normally RTH makes the drone fly forward. So it can avoid obstacles. Here it flew backwards "home". I still want mine, but hope more FW upgrades come out by the day I can buy it in stores. 2 cases in 1 week... Not good. Casey had the same perhaps? Funky and NO FUN at all!
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-27 20:34
That happens when tou rush the production to meet a dead line to beat the karma sad very sad

What a useless post.  Consider making a thread just for your wide sweeping generalizations based off 1 users posting.  That way you can go back to that same thread and add to it as you come up with more completely made up, baseless, disparaging, remarks.
2016-10-27
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

method007 Posted at 2016-10-27 14:21
What a useless post.  Consider making a thread just for your wide sweeping generalizations based o ...

Ive read of 2 people with the issue, one didn't result in a crash as well as the following:

- Bumps on batteries
- Screw inside loose
- Gimbal issues
- Update issues
- 'MECH ERROR' on controller

And Ive probably missed some posts...
2016-10-27
Use props
chadc880
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3216076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too had the near same exact issue except I did not use anything auto. My first flight with my Mavic when I put full inputs for the mavic to gain altitude it would not go anywhere. When I backed off the control stick slightly then it went full in the direction desired. This was also the case with the right stick. Then after flying forward for 1/4 mile, I turned around and started heading back. The Mavic then started descending and yawing in an uncontrolled fashion. I did nearly everything I could do to keep the Mavic in the air to avoid trees and barely got it back to my start point location. After completely going over everything, completing the firmware update I went for a second flight. This time it took off manually went to 4 ft and then stopped. Zero controls from the controller would do anything. The MAvic was unresponsive. The only way I got it to land was activating the auto land feature. The third test flight was the worse. Same issue after a very short forward flight only this time I could not get the Mavic to land. The mavic kept yawing and raising in altitude even though I was inputting controls for a landing. Activating the auto land feature would bring the Mavic down to 4 ft only to see it take off straight up again. This went on for about 5 to 7 minutes. Very hair raising. Finally I got the Mavic landed safely and terminated any additional flights. Upon reviewing the flight data video you can clearly see full up full left yaw in the control stick which I was not inputting. After doing control calibrations it shows the left stick not centering all the time and inconsistent center points all over the graph. My brand new in the box Mavic is now on its way to DJI NA and waiting 1 to 2 weeks hopefully for a replacement. I tried to ask nicely to expedite this.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-27 02:59
Could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
Method to download Flight D ...

I did enter Flight Data Mode however I cannot see anything other than the SD card that is in the Mavic Pro.  I restarted the Mavic Pro and pulled out the SD card to see if that made a difference.  I still cannot get the DAT files you need.  
2016-10-27
Use props
N0N4M3pl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48330 ft
Poland

Following.
2016-10-27
Use props
thegrindlab
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-27 08:21
What a useless post.  Consider making a thread just for your wide sweeping generalizations based o ...

It's been two users from a very small pool of people who have actually received their orders and flown for only a few minutes each. I agree that we can't rush to judgement too quickly, but there is definitely some room for concern.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-27 08:55
Also could you please clarify the current firmware version?

DJI Mindy, here is the version info

App Version 3.0.1
Aircraft Version 01.02.0810
Remote Controller Version 01.02.0810

Thanks
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

thegrindlab Posted at 2016-10-27 09:35
It's been two users from a very small pool of people who have actually received their orders and f ...

I agree as the OP.  I wanted to post this here so that things get fixed sooner than later.  Just trying to contribute on findings.  It is odd that 2 of a few that have been out there has experienced similar issues.  I'm just glad that I have the Mavic (main body) in 1 piece as opposed to smashed onto pavement.  
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 12:25
So I probably should call them back tomorrow during business hours and tell them to cancel it.  I  ...

They will evaluate it and let you know what happened.
Your uploaded DAT file will work as well.And you did the compass calibration in a metal free environment correct and with no metal on your body (phone, keys, RC/phone not in your hand)?

2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

colonel0000 Posted at 2016-10-27 14:03
Interesting thread.  

Sorry for the boring comment but I can't seem to find how to subscribe to a t ...

Sorry about that, there is no subscribe button.
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 21:40
DJI Mindy, here is the version info

App Version 3.0.1

Thanks.
Have you entered the DJI Assistant when you connect your aircraft to the PC?
Could you please check the DAT file again?
2016-10-27
Use props
chadc880
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3216076 ft
  • >>>
United States

My concern is very simple. I fly UAV's daily commercially. I even have a F450 that I call crash dummy because it was built to test and train for emergency situations. I have built owned S800, S900, F550, Phantom 1 P3, My main bird the Inspire. The Mavic is an incredible break through in technology and has captivated millions of peoples attention resulting in shattering sales numbers. A consumer with limited flying experience would have crashed. And depending on their location could result in damage to structure or persons. My opinion the Mavic is not for the beginner yet so many people have ordered the Mavic. My Mavic appeared to enter some odd landing mode or malfunction because and I am hoping it was just a faulty controller. I see all of these other videos of successful flights. I really wanted the same experience. But I was one of the patent ones who patently waited for my Mavic after ordering it and will still do the same for DJI to complete the customer service part of the exchange. Maybe someone from DJI NA will see this and magically expedite my replacement.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 09:49
They will evaluate it and let you know what happened.
Your uploaded DAT file will work as well.And  ...

Yes I calibrated the phone hopefully in a metal free environment.  I was in a park but in the parking lot area.  My car was about 10 feet away.  My phone was in the DJI Remote controller however that was on the ground and I did the calibrate about 4 feet off the ground.  I have tried several times going to retrieve the DAT file but no success.  All I see is my SD card but it doesn't have anything on it.  I've also tried removing the SD card, re-starting the Mavic and connecting.  
2016-10-27
Use props
Geeom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2100705 ft
France

Following the thread
2016-10-27
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Is it possible that the return to home elevation was set too low, and when you activated the return to home feature, it got confused because of all the trees, and eventually hit one and crashed?
Return to home is supposed to stop in place, climb to the specified elevation, then go in a straight line to the home point, and then lower slowly.
Just wondering what the return to home elevation was set at, and if your drone attempted to climb to that elevation before trying to come back to the home point.
Perhaps I am completely wrong... If this is not the case, then disregard.
2016-10-27
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

I think it's not about the RTH elevation. You can see in the video the mavic is just starting to spin and descend...
I hope Ngl1145 can find his flight logs and DJI finds out what is going on.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-27 09:52
Thanks.
Have you entered the DJI Assistant when you connect your aircraft to the PC?
Could you ple ...

Ok got it.  Didn't have the DJI Assistant installed on my PC.  I have the log file.  I'll send you the data in a moment.
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules