Poll: Trouble with your Mavic? Update here (300+ votes currently)
30277 201 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans90f7b3df
lvl.1
United States

My Mavic came with scratches on the lens and dirt in that tiny lens. We only can see using a flashlight siding the camera! I would recommend everybody check it.
2016-11-13
Use props
uS6xlc16SqoS
lvl.1
Canada

Right arm LEDs doesn't turn on.

P_20161113_135551.jpg
2016-11-13
Use props
jn005pyKOxC3
New

Canada

Bad Gimbal on arrival (gimbal lock/guard was not secured properly). I flew it twice, with the same result.  Couldn't resolve the problem, so I sent it back to DJI last week. They should receive it on the 16th of Nov, so I will let you guys know what the turn around time is. Very disappointing... Just hoping that it was damaged during shipping, and not a systemic problem that will result in a later recall.

Flight#1 - 1080P, 60fps

Flight#2 - 4K, 30FPS
2016-11-14
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

Mine has a lot of dust particles inside lens.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApZZEqnSd0ORpnPBedc-OIn-HILX
2016-11-14
Use props
fans30254479
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 11:16
No, I agree. But if you aggregate the problems found, that data can be useful in decision making.

Isn't that what they said last Wednesday? LOL

Essentially, I agree with you. But hey, it's a brand-new product and this is basically a repeat of everything that happened with the P3, the P2, the Vision+ etc. Most of the people who show up here are people with either problems, questions, or both.

I now own half a dozen drones of various shapes, sizes and brand-names. Only a single one of them ever experienced a flyaway and that company fully replaced (gratis) my craft. It was NOT a DJI product, but I *have* seen a number of cases where DJI replaced lost/destroyed drones.

To some degree, each new model is a new learning curve. Personally, I'm waiting for the dust to settle somewhat. The two drones I enjoy most are my P3Pro and my Blade Chroma. The P3Pro is much superior to the Bade, but the Blade is fully self-contained, making it handy.

I'm really looking forward to the portability of the Mavic - when it becomes fully available.

I truly fail to understand why there are so many YouTube videos of the Mavic, yet it's so difficult to find a dealer who actually has one for sale!

Art - N4PJ
2016-11-15
Use props
squidd
lvl.1

United States

With all these problems going on, they should be smart like gopro and recall all of the drones until its fixed. Then send them back plus some sort of free gift. GoPro recalled all drones, and they will ship them back out WITH a free hero 5 black camera.
2016-11-15
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Does the Horizon tilt deserve a spot on this list?   It will cause many to vote yes.   This is not an issue exclusive to the Mavic and is an issue with the Phantom line as well.   In other words it's just how DJI drones work for the most part.
2016-11-16
Use props
fansa7077f18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

Had one weird thing happen today on my second flight. I was about 1000 ft away and with full signal, my mavic refused to move forward and come back. No obstacle or anything, it just wouldn't move forward. I dropped it down a little, and tried again, but nothing. After a minute or so, I threw it into go home mode, and it came back. Once it was close enough, I took control back and it worked just as it was supposed to.
2016-11-16
Use props
cat824
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thank you for organising this. It is mighty useful for people still considering their purchase of the Mavic Pro. Much appreciated.
2016-11-16
Use props
richard56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 675869 ft
United States

I received mine yesterday.  Has not been flown yet.  IT says battery authentication failure...  DJI does not appear to have a fix or know what the problem is.  They want me to mail the whole package back now.  
2016-11-18
Use props
cTbekPlb2PoQ
New

United Kingdom

I've flown the Mavic twice now, and on both occasions I've noticed that most of the footage has a large streak of flickering light going across the bottom-left of the frame.

Here's a quick video which shows it:

It appears to be related to the sun, but in the vid I rotate the drone nearly 180 degrees and the mark still stays - it's always in exactly the same place. There are no marks of any kind on the plastic gimbal cover nor the lens, and as you know the blades are matte so shouldn't be reflecting the sun.

Any ideas as to what's causing this and any potential fixes? I plan on troubleshooting further (shooting video while the drone's on the ground to eliminate it being blade-related, and removing the gimbal cover to see if that affects it) but it seems pretty annoying if a lot of my footage is going to have this mark across it.
2016-11-19
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

cTbekPlb2PoQ Posted at 2016-11-19 22:04
I've flown the Mavic twice now, and on both occasions I've noticed that most of the footage has a la ...

a piece of hair on the lens.
2016-11-19
Use props
ThisIsAntwon
New

United Kingdom

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-11-19 14:12
a piece of hair on the lens.

Could well be - I took the gimbal cover off and no more mark. There isn't anything visible on it which is weird, but hopefully a thorough wipe on the inside + outside will do the trick
2016-11-19
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

My problem is that I have now been waiting 2 weeks for the replacement since my original had a soft focus right side of the frame. I've been on the email to support and their escalations are doing nothing at all. DJI Ken is there something you can do?
2016-11-19
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

ThisIsAntwon Posted at 2016-11-20 00:07
Could well be - I took the gimbal cover off and no more mark. There isn't anything visible on it w ...

defiantly the cover. don't fly with the cover period.
2016-11-19
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

richard56 Posted at 2016-11-19 06:46
I received mine yesterday.  Has not been flown yet.  IT says battery authentication failure...  DJI  ...

google it, theres a fix for that. I think you have to update the firmware with every battery separately. so update one, attach new battery and reload firmware. something like that anyways. good luck. id rather not send it back if it can be avoided
2016-11-19
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

ThisIsAntwon Posted at 2016-11-19 08:07
Could well be - I took the gimbal cover off and no more mark. There isn't anything visible on it w ...

It's a glare on the dome...  If you want to get good shots and make sure your Mavic gets enough air through the intake, take it off.
2016-11-19
Use props
040mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29045 ft
Germany

cTbekPlb2PoQ Posted at 2016-11-19 15:04
I've flown the Mavic twice now, and on both occasions I've noticed that most of the footage has a la ...

Hi, pls remove the plastic bubble protector. It's not for filming; it's for FPV flying and protection on traveling.
2016-11-21
Use props
ThisIsAntwon
New

United Kingdom

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-11-20 01:59
defiantly the cover. don't fly with the cover period.

Thanks to you and the others who said the same. I had no idea! I guess I thought it would help protect the gimbal from wind or whatever, but if it's not needed it's not needed
2016-11-21
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

So with this poll, among the ones that said there was an issue, were they ever resolved?
- You should add a new option in there to say issue fixed/resolved, therefore can subtract and get a better understanding.
2016-11-21
Use props
fansa7077f18
lvl.2
United States

I just took mine on its 5th flight and got a very strong side to side hello effect that ruined the footage completely. I'll post a video as soon as I'm able. Really disappointing
2016-11-23
Use props
ReinertA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134026 ft
United States

No issues here ....after updating firmware. Did a little night flying 2 miles out direct line of sight at 395 ft altitude and stability /video quality were rock solid. Very happy! This was at 27 degrees F and was still able to get 18 minute flight time.
2016-11-23
Use props
fansa7077f18
lvl.2
United States

2016-11-23
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

cTbekPlb2PoQ Posted at 2016-11-19 22:04

It's the gimbal cover, not even sure why you have it on... It's not an issue, just common reflection.

Basically it's the light + propeller combination making the shadow/reflection.
- There's heaps of videos on youtube.
2016-11-23
Use props
PabloPiedra
lvl.1

United States

Red spot in center of camera

Red/pink spot on camera footage/photos
2016-12-10
Use props
Joe_cos
lvl.1

United States

my biggest problem is the short power cord that came with the extra batteries and charging hub.  Would have loved a 3 foot cord.  Nothing I can't deal with.  the aircraft has performed flawlessly so far.  The updates have failed a couple of times and then just went  through.

First drone, I was waiting for a small compact drone that had the features the Mavic has. The phantoms seemed just to big and I really don't like seeing the props in all the videos as those drones move forward.
2016-12-11
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

incogneito Posted at 2016-10-30 20:20
I question the validity of this pool. The reason is because people that have problems will most likely be here looking for answers and be completely open to sharing their problems. When other's, like myself that have not had any problems with the mavic pro, aren't really on these threads anymore now that we have them. I will post to the poll though. I must also say that I love the mavic pro so far. It is an absolute joy to fly. 2 things I don't like is: 1. The plastic gimbal lock is so close to the ribbon cable for the gimbal and could possibly be folded in half, 2. when using any of the flying modes (active track, gesture, etc), after pressing stop on the screen, I still have to manually press the 5d button and select "normal" for it to completely stop. It should stop completely when I press stop and revert back to normal flight automatically. It aslo flies faster at night not in sport mode. The sensors don't work at night, but even flying in open fields, during the day, with nothing around it isn't near as responsive. Almost like its in tripod mode going 2 mph and slowly accelerating.

Looks like you actually have quite a few problems!
2016-12-13
Use props
rapcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8871 ft
  • >>>
United States

First video out of the box had micro vibrations that steadily increased to violent jitters.  Mavic being returned.
2016-12-13
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Very useful poll.  I personally don't care if it ends up being slightly skewed towards issues.  It has two very important purposes IMO:
1) It points to known or more common issues, which lets new users know exactly what to look for when inspecting their drone on arrival
2) A few of these issues could potentially cause accidents.  Given the importance of safe flying I'll be particularly looking out for the occurrence of these issues in my first few outings... in some very tame and boring test flights (and in some very boring and non-photogenic locations) before I finally decide that it's safe for me to let 'er rip...

Ultimately it's my responsibility to check that what I'm flying is safe, as much as I can possibly validate that as an end user.
2016-12-13
Use props
serotonin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have an image sensor problem with mine, not even been flown yet. Will be contacting DJI for an exchange item as it was only delivered 2 days ago.

A right kick in the balls having waited two and half months for it, now it's got to go back
2016-12-14
Use props
Error404
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mavic delivered on Thursday. 20% of image is out of focus on the right side.
2016-12-17
Use props
userc74831dec3
lvl.1

Germany

No problems with my Mavic so far!
2016-12-20
Use props
Jonty2
lvl.2

New Zealand

My left stick completely dead. Remote going back
2016-12-24
Use props
brandonb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19029 ft
United States

LCD screen not center
http://forum.dji.com/thread-77431-1-1.html
2016-12-27
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Video has started to have intermittent wobbles.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid653464
2017-1-18
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

the only problem I had it that once it dropped from the sky like that when landing destroying the back props, case open with DJI support still unanswered.  It was a clear no wind date, open flat location, 80% battery.
2017-1-19
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine came with a gimbal glitch issue.

not the jello but an actual glitch that kept making the camera jolt around.

i have been messing with it and seem to be working the kinks or shakes out of it.
calibrating the camera from the dji assistant 2 program off my macbook seems to have helped.
using the dji go app to calibrate left it with the same issue.

i had a bad horizon tilt from factory. adjusted but it kept coming back. that also seems to stay in place now except when turning fast (yaw)
2017-1-23
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-1-23 09:22
mine came with a gimbal glitch issue.

not the jello but an actual glitch that kept making the camera jolt around.

With calibration, it should start off level. In a yaw and moving the gimbal up and down, sometimes it comes up crooked. Try the c2+exposure wheel to level it out and it should stay there.

That's not normal to start off crooked. Maybe reset to default in assistant and then use a level for the imu and gimbal calibration. The compass, wait until you find a open area without metal, rebar in concrete. The second part is strait down.

I've never seen it self correct like that, but running 1.2.9 and litchi. I'm good if it aint broke..http://forum.dji.com/thread-80164-1-1.html

2017-1-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

csader Posted at 2016-10-27 08:53
Accurate polling isn't going to happen for this, I'm sorry to say.

Take the total number of people who ordered and have received a Mavic. The ones who frequent this forum are inherently biased in one way or another, as most consumers don't go to product forums for the stuff they buy. You're also much more likely to get responses from people who are having trouble than those who are happy and aren't. It's the nature of the internet.

this is a very accurate statement
2017-1-23
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Hi, thanks for collecting this.I really appreciate the idea to have these issues at one place!

(Not so sure about the voting, what was already disscussed above here...)

I recommend
1)  to put on the first isuues list also the battery FW upgrade issue (more threads here - e.g. here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-80519-1-1.html or here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-78006-1-1.html);
2) the the red/yellow hot spot in the centre of the camera issue - what was later explained by DJI as the short focal length combined with IR filter vignete effect - and supposed to explain this to be a normal behavior, but obviously it is not normal - since many mobile phone cameras do not have this isuue at all, even with shorter focal distances)
links for the issue thread here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75707-1-1.html, and the DJI explanation here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 0701&fromuid=502089

I would also recommend and appreciate if you could sort the issues at the first post a bit
e.g.: gimbal issues: a, b, c .... cmera / video quality issues: a. b. c. .... physical/ assembly issues: a. b. c. .... etc. so everyone could find it more easy since there is becoming more and more issues to be identified with Mavic (of course I agree the millions of saled with no issues are possibly not shown here).

Some of the issues were also later resolved as the pilot error, so maybe we could also please put there a category Resolved issues (or issues not clear if caused by the Pilot error).

I believe this is one of most plaussible threads here!

THX & Cheers W.

2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules