Poll: Trouble with your Mavic? Update here (300+ votes currently)
30275 201 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9b8f5837
New
India

Mine stopped focusing and now I have to carry this brick around India for the next two months because DJI doesn't ship here and even if they did they only give you warranty service in your home country.
2017-4-21
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294180 ft
United Kingdom

Mine has a faulty GPS out-of-box. I wasn't even able to have a flight just because it never catches a single satellite
2017-4-21
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys this thread is very old and should probably die.  It was made with an intent of bashing DJI when the Mavic was first launched, it really has no other purpose.  Continuing to post issues in this thread is useless and will be fruitless to you.  If you are having issues with your Mavic I suggest starting a new thread.
2017-4-21
Use props
fansbf741e0c
New
France

Hi , i'm new here.
I get my mavic pro Tuesday , and total time of flight = 0 !
everything was ok when i connected the controller to my Galaxy A3.
But ... i was stupid enough to accept the update !
Now , i have bring back the mavic to v01.03.0400 but the controller stop update at 20%.
then the usb sound is disconnection / reconnection and after 1 or 2 min it tell me Update failed ...
I have try all what was on every tutorials (not only one time)
So now , when i start dji assistant 2 and connect the RC it tell me that some firmware incompatibility between some modules and devices , i say ok to update.
At end it tell me Update is OK , but the RC stay in Connecting mode when i retry , the pairing doesn't work too , i have to wait like 5 to 10min in Connecting mode up i hear the sound
when i press C1,C2,Record ... when i then press shutter it just made the same sound and don't come in pairing mode
I then search , found and take a look at the log ...
here is what happens before the firmware stuck :

[14:32:53][UpgradeManager      ] set date time to device success!!!
[14:32:53][P4Device2           ] SN : 08XJDCN00101YV
[14:32:57][WebGetter2          ] recv server ack...
[14:32:58][UpgradeManager      ] get nfz version timeout!!!
[14:33:16][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= UPGRADE FAILURE: push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x040603
[14:33:16][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= Time :  78.60 second
[14:33:16][DiagMsg             ] push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x040603
[14:33:16][UpgradeMgr          ]    Dm368_ground(1) result false
[14:33:16][UpgradeManager      ] WebActionResult:
[14:33:16][UpgradeMgr          ] upgrade_pack_file_data time used: 61.431 Second
[14:33:16][UpgradeMgr          ] enable_upgrading_flag: false

Well , i just hope i don't give DJI 1500 Bucks for a non flying drone ...

And for be sure it's coming from internet connection , i have made direct connection with Ethernet cable , not Wi-Fi for be sure ...

Is someone here who can help with this issue or do i now have a useless brick ?

Cheers.
2017-4-21
Use props
Aqmal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119446 ft
Malaysia

Just Problem My Video Feed At My OPPO Phome
2017-4-22
Use props
Aqmal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119446 ft
Malaysia

Just Problem My Video Feed At My OPPO A37 ,From Mavic SDcard Not Problem....
2017-4-22
Use props
TimH64
New
Flight distance : 40026 ft
United States

Forward Vision Senson Calibration Error.
2017-4-22
Use props
TimH64
New
Flight distance : 40026 ft
United States

Forward Vision Senson Calibration Error.          I have calibrated it 20 times already with the PC software.  I downgraded the firmware.  Still getting the error.  I haven't even flown it yet.  I just got it today and can't get past it  Of course DJI support is not available on weekends....so I'm just stuck!.
2017-4-22
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

Out of the box:
I updated firmware, next problems are found.
Drunken horizon ( also after recalibration of IMU and gimbal )
wobbly video capture, which also makes taking pictures useless.
Drone won't stay perfect on one place and drifts away in diagonal direction ( North-West )
I will read myself through the forum, maybe I find a possible solution, but till so far I see a lot of same cases and most are send back to dhj.
2017-4-28
Use props
Heineken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4755367 ft
Sweden

Happy customer no issus  7 weeks and 30 hrs flight tim.  
2017-4-28
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

I got 3 Mavic Pros before getting a functioning unit in the end:
#1 faulty unit: Poor video (jello) shooting at 1080/60, Poor video (jello) due to vibration/gimbal
#2 faulty unit: Poor video (jello) shooting at 1080/60, Poor video (jello) due to vibration/gimbal, Horizontal Tilt Issue/Crooked horizon
#3 faulty unit: Poor video (jello) shooting at 1080/60, Camera issues - sharp center but blurry corners

I found the video quality at 1080p is extremely poor at 48fps and above, because of a strong aliasing. All four units were affected; it looks like I will have to live with this one...
2017-4-28
Use props
Carnage808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21893 ft
United States

vmich Posted at 2017-4-28 18:08
I got 3 Mavic Pros before getting a functioning unit in the end:
#1 faulty unit: Poor video (jello) shooting at 1080/60, Poor video (jello) due to vibration/gimbal
#2 faulty unit: Poor video (jello) shooting at 1080/60, Poor video (jello) due to vibration/gimbal, Horizontal Tilt Issue/Crooked horizon

Oh .. you havent heard about the MASSIVE issue with the 1080 resolution on the mavic...

It flat out does not work.
2017-4-28
Use props
fans1fee6218
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

ggoodlett@aol.c Posted at 2016-10-30 12:06
Mine flies like a dream, no problems whatsoever. I think many of the reported problems are user errors, but, there will obviously be some that fail.

mine flies well as well, the issue is that the video is no good, unfocused VGA 640 K resolution
2017-4-30
Use props
fans1fee6218
lvl.2
United States

brought this in March every single video looks like VGA quality, unfocused and now, no sound.  tap to focus is rubbish and has no place on a wide angle lens, like my goPro 5, it should be set to infinity
2017-4-30
Use props
Weidyc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204692 ft
Taiwan

https://forum.dji.com/thread-94623-1-1.html
2017-4-30
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

My mavic disconnected from the controller mid-flight and also the gimbal over heats :/
2017-5-7
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1fee6218 Posted at 2017-4-30 13:06
brought this in March every single video looks like VGA quality, unfocused and now, no sound.  tap to focus is rubbish and has no place on a wide angle lens, like my goPro 5, it should be set to infinity

No sound any more eh?  When did that stop working?
2017-5-16
Use props
Flyinglow
lvl.2
Israel

Dont forget the vignetting on the camera and color shift.
most important
2017-5-16
Use props
Sinak
lvl.1
Serbia

My mavic not report wind warning and strong interference detected warning.
2017-5-18
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-5-16 07:30
No sound any more eh?  When did that stop working?

The  sound from the cached video from the tablet i used as a display. I was new to this at that time and was watching the cached video and the display was not optimised via the menus on the tablet  once I optimised the video display, the video was great IF I use AFC until I reach a height to lock into infinity then switched to manual to prevent any more Auto Focusing.  AFC will de focus under certain circumstances.
2017-5-21
Use props
andry_shin
lvl.2
Indonesia

gimbal issue at flight, not my thread buit i have same experience

https://forum.dji.com/thread-101740-1-1.html
2017-7-6
Use props
Nephroghost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200456 ft
United States

I'm at 40 flights so far including a quick flight on a small Bahamian island on vacation-some video problems with choppiness but it was really hot ambient temperature that day. Otherwise have been very pleased so far.
2017-7-7
Use props
Arm8tr0ng
New
Flight distance : 5377 ft

Australia

I have a Gimbal disconnected error even thought the gimbal is still powered and moving around just not controlled.
2017-8-3
Use props
Ferny
New
Flight distance : 138734 ft
Australia

Today I was flying and my mavic lost signal and connection it is gone so disappointing
2017-8-31
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Could add stress cracks on shell / gimball parts
2017-8-31
Use props
Ferny
New
Flight distance : 138734 ft
Australia

Lost signal and connection from my drone and couldn't bring it back nothing work and now is gone. Try to find my drone but it says is where home was and when I go to my flight records I can see where it lost connection
2017-9-2
Use props
djiuser_2CGtK3y
lvl.1

United States

Trying to activate, but says  no Internet. Have Internet to download djigo4, had Internet to purchase the mavic. Read all the instructions and watched the videos till my eye's bleed, being beta for dji sucks.
2017-9-2
Use props
Disenchanted on
lvl.1

United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 07:54
I think it is important to get an accurate picture of what is being received by end users of the first batch that shipped. Hopefully the result shows very few issues noticed and more consumers can feel confident in ordering this product.

IAs soon as I received my mavic 2 of my friends were going to get same, Not anymore.
2017-9-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good poll - interesting results coming through!
2018-2-18
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

This thread is glorious in it's vast amount of DJI failures. Just glorious. The best part? Zero responses from DJI mods. Gotta love it. Living example of their problems, and willinness to fix them. Pathetic.
2018-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-18 05:42
This thread is glorious in it's vast amount of DJI failures. Just glorious. The best part? Zero responses from DJI mods. Gotta love it. Living example of their problems, and willinness to fix them. Pathetic.

This thread is dead, I’m sure you can dig up a few more particularly form the first few weeks of Mavic release, but it turned out that so many new flyers with no experience are responsible for most of the problems with their drones, perhaps lack of experience is part of your own problem because the vast majority of Mavic flyers seem to be doing just fine with their equipment.
2018-2-18
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Interesting idea, but NOT scientific in the sampling, so not in any way accurate. Mostly just something fun to do....
2018-2-19
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

No problem yet.  LOL.  I haven't flown it yet.
2018-2-19
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-18 10:27
This thread is dead, I’m sure you can dig up a few more particularly form the first few weeks of Mavic release, but it turned out that so many new flyers with no experience are responsible for most of the problems with their drones, perhaps lack of experience is part of your own problem because the vast majority of Mavic flyers seem to be doing just fine with their equipment.

You come across as a dji shill as every post that you have made is just lickin their  butts and defending their dodgy practices. So how much do dji pay you to promote their stuff? Almost as bad as Mad Angler on RC groups.

Whats' wrong with this thread? Why would you want it dead and buried?  It appears that there are a lot of votes here matey!

* hex *  
2018-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hexacopter Posted at 2018-2-20 02:32
You come across as a dji shill as every post that you have made is just lickin their  butts and defending their dodgy practices. So how much do dji pay you to promote their stuff? Almost as bad as Mad Angler on RC groups.

Whats' wrong with this thread? Why would you want it dead and buried?  It appears that there are a lot of votes here matey!

Because most of it is 2016, I’ve seen it all before, but being the idiot you are portraying I expect you didn’t notice that, if you dig deep enough you can go back to 2014, and I’m sure if you go to Apple forums when they were a 10 year old company you will dig up some real problems there, particularly the fact they just sacked Steve jobs, move on and stop being an idiot.
2018-2-20
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-18 10:27

LOL. Typical fan boy. All these problems were personal error, must be your problem. How does it feel being a DJI fan boy?
New threads daily about DJI malfunctions, with bad customer service on returns. Yet guys like you still bubble up.

2018-2-20
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Only time I had trouble is when I failed to follow something in the manual.
2018-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-20 05:44
LOL. Typical fan boy. All these problems were personal error, must be your problem. How does it feel being a DJI fan boy?
New threads daily about DJI malfunctions, with bad customer service on returns. Yet guys like you still bubble up.

Maybe you’d be better using your time getting yourself sorted, it’s easy pick those who have constant problems , they spend their time complaining never getting anything sorted.
2018-2-20
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-20 09:29
Maybe you’d be better using your time getting yourself sorted, it’s easy pick those who have constant problems , they spend their time complaining never getting anything sorted.

O, ok. Thanks for your words of wisdom. First all these problems are self inflicted. Then I better just worry about myself. Soy boy fan boy?
2018-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-2 06:20
O, ok. Thanks for your words of wisdom. First all these problems are self inflicted. Then I better just worry about myself. Soy boy fan boy?

Your still here complaining go buy a kite.
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules