2240 11 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Just tested my inspire which arrived yesterday - really amazed by the Performance!
As I reviewed the takes afterwards, I was disapointed - the Image Looks really soft (as the Focus would not match) hope there's not a physical issue with the Lens/Cam...
Attached you find a short Video:

http://youtu.be/tgyXHsjKCkQ

What is your Feeling? Issue or just what we can get out of this cam!?
If I compare with other YT-Videos I feel my Image is far away from the others regarding sharpness...

Cheers
2015-2-4
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

What was the temp at the time you shot this?  DJI posted something recently about temps below 0 celsius causing the camera to lose focus.
2015-2-4
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

TravisSRT Posted at 2015-2-5 00:31
What was the temp at the time you shot this?  DJI posted something recently about temps below 0 cels ...

was about -1° Celsius...
Confused: Is there a (activ) Focus on the cam? I assumed it's just set to infinity (as a gopro)...?
2015-2-4
Use props
serge.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545043 ft
Switzerland

There is no autofocus as in its fixed.

However related to another thread on this forum their is a theory out their that a too sudden change in temperature could affect the focus. I have shot anywhere between -5 to -10 without any issues but do give everything time to adjust to the temperature before you start.

Also know that officially anything below 0 is outside the spec. for this camera.

Serge
2015-2-4
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

serge.email Posted at 2015-2-5 01:36
There is no autofocus as in its fixed.

However related to another thread on this forum their is a  ...

Thank you for your hint - BUT, the attached Video was the last take of a 17min flight. so there should be enough time to equilibrate temperature,,,,
2015-2-4
Use props
ranchbroker.me
lvl.1

United States

Did you set the resolution and/or image quality.   I use 1080 largest resolution and it works great.
http://vimeo.com/118655200
2015-2-4
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

ranchbroker.me Posted at 2015-2-5 07:44
Did you set the resolution and/or image quality.   I use 1080 largest resolution and it works great. ...

yes, it was set to 1080 (highest Bitrate)...cheers
2015-2-5
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

My Question is: Do you also have the Feeling that the Image is too soft? Cause I'm wondering if it's really a issue or just my expectations wich are too high....?
2015-2-5
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is probably the Aperture setting. The scene is a lot of snow (white) which fakes out the light meter making it think that it is looking at something very bright when in fact it is normal. I have not used mine yet but, I believe you can use a manual setting. If you have a light meter or a camera that will give you the f stop in its display take a reading and open it up 1-2 lower than the reading you took. stops and put that f stop into your pilot program for the camera setting. Also make sure that you have the haze filter that came with it on the camera.
2015-2-5
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-2-5 22:13
It is probably the Aperture setting. The scene is a lot of snow (white) which fakes out the light me ...

Sorry about the above. This would only apply to a photograph, not the video. Like the other Gentleman said check try the 1080 at 30 and 60. Due to the snow you will still get a bit of a bluish tint. This can be corrected in post with a video editing program.
2015-2-5
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Thank you for your Inputs - Problem solved:
Accidently the cam was in "Custom" style, set to sharpness -2....
2015-2-5
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Heliflo Posted at 2015-2-6 00:14
Thank you for your Inputs - Problem solved:
Accidently the cam was in "Custom" style, set to sharpne ...

There you go.
2015-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules