Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Google Nexus 6p (Huawei) + DJI Mavic?
4338 20 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pnwxcharlie
New

Hello all!

I looked up the DJI mavic "RECOMMENDED" compatilbility and saw the Nexus 6p phone is not listed; however, it said they will continue to expand on Android phones. I was wondering if anyone got hold of the Mavic and is using it with the Nexus 6p? Do you guys think the DJI will make it compatible with the Mavic?

Thanks! Happy shooting!
2016-10-28
Use props
Mayoo
First Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Yup many .. So far no issues except Active Track many not work all the time ..
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

I personally use my 6p with Android N as my operating system while flying the Mavic. I find that the recommended devices work a little bit more seamlessly, but I'm still happy with the performance of my phone.
2016-10-28
Use props
pnwxcharlie
New

Awesome thank you guys! Now time to play the waiting game for my mavic :/
2016-10-28
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.3

United States

Could you please post a few pictures of how the Nexus 6p connects using the supplies type C RC cable?
2016-10-28
Use props
glopez861
lvl.1

I have been having issues getting a good connection with my HTC 10. It uses a type C USB but when I go to connect to camera sometimes it lights up blue other times it doesn't. Controller and drone are up to date with firmware
2016-10-29
Use props
rubberbandito
lvl.1

Dominica

its not a good experience at all. i have in fact reinstalled the OS fresh twice and it still does not resolve the constant disconnect issues. I am on 7.1 nougat. it disconnects every flight, once or twice. I have to wait to reload the app and usually reconnects but sometimes forces my entire phone to restart which never ever happened before with any program. i still love the drone and the shots i am getting with the new polar pro nd filters. i just am careful that it hovers in safe place while i am attempting reconnect
2016-12-8
Use props
SachseAlex
New

United States

I have a Mavic Pro and a Nexus 6P and to be totally honest I am very disappointed. I realize the Nexus 6P is not on the list but it is a core Android Phone. DJI needs to get there crap together. First off I waited 2 months for the drone before it arrives, now both the DJI Go and DJI Go 4 App suck when trying to work with my phone. I have disconnects constantly and like Rubberbandito I have to restart my phone to gain access again... which is awesome when your drone is hovering out in the middle of nowhere.

I owned a Phantom 4 before and ran it with a Nexus tablet, and while the remote is awesomely compact it lacks the ability to use a tablet without funky mods. @DHI please get this thing working with the Nexus 6P as I would really enjoy using my drone vs the shelf decoration it is now. Had it over a month and put 2 flights on it.... Damn Shame!
2016-12-21
Use props
Crofty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23415 ft
Australia

I try my Mavic on my Nexus 6P and would crash a lot and when it did connect it disconnected in a minute. I don't know what DJI problem is the they can get there apps to work correctly on Android and especially on Stock Android like the Nexus 6P.
2016-12-24
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

SachseAlex Posted at 2016-12-21 12:57
I have a Mavic Pro and a Nexus 6P and to be totally honest I am very disappointed. I realize the Nexus 6P is not on the list but it is a core Android Phone. DJI needs to get there crap together. First off I waited 2 months for the drone before it arrives, now both the DJI Go and DJI Go 4 App suck when trying to work with my phone. I have disconnects constantly and like Rubberbandito I have to restart my phone to gain access again... which is awesome when your drone is hovering out in the middle of nowhere.

I owned a Phantom 4 before and ran it with a Nexus tablet, and while the remote is awesomely compact it lacks the ability to use a tablet without funky mods. @DHI please get this thing working with the Nexus 6P as I would really enjoy using my drone vs the shelf decoration it is now. Had it over a month and put 2 flights on it.... Damn Shame!

The Nexus 6p IS on the list. But it crashes a lot. And, you cannot start the app in landscape or it blows up on startup. DJI GO 4 is not very stable at this point. Hope they fix it soon.
2016-12-24
Use props
SachseAlex
New

United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-12-24 05:19
The Nexus 6p IS on the list. But it crashes a lot. And, you cannot start the app in landscape or it blows up on startup. DJI GO 4 is not very stable at this point. Hope they fix it soon.

dana5,

Where are you seeing that it is on the list? I just pulled up the mavic spec page and it is not listed.

Thanks!

2017-1-5
Use props
emonty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922224 ft
Netherlands

Nexus 6p, latest FW on everything, airplaine mode, all strong signals and I get disconnects also.
2017-2-15
Use props
fans18d204c5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2949393 ft
  • >>>
United States

rubberbandito Posted at 2016-12-8 04:39
its not a good experience at all. i have in fact reinstalled the OS fresh twice and it still does not resolve the constant disconnect issues. I am on 7.1 nougat. it disconnects every flight, once or twice. I have to wait to reload the app and usually reconnects but sometimes forces my entire phone to restart which never ever happened before with any program. i still love the drone and the shots i am getting with the new polar pro nd filters. i just am careful that it hovers in safe place while i am attempting reconnect

I have the exact same issue. I am very afraid to fly without direct line of sight because of this.
2017-2-15
Use props
Miguel_R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1662411 ft
United States

SachseAlex Posted at 2017-1-5 08:01
dana5,

Where are you seeing that it is on the list? I just pulled up the mavic spec page and it is not listed.

Here's where it shows that the nexus 6p is supported. Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 3.19.38 PM.png
2017-2-15
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

its not much better on the 5x the app freezes and crashes in mid flight. i dont wanna spend money on an iphone but my note 4 seems to work perfect. unfortunately the battery is so bad on it that it dies like around 50% and drains fast too ugh i shouldnt have to spend money on a new phone that i dont want or like to fly thing thing without issue
2017-2-15
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Problem is the dji go app not the nexus 6p. I have a 6p. Works mostly without issues but I've had disconnects a few times also. Or app crash if launched in landscape mode,
2017-2-15
Use props
opPhoto
Guatemala

DJI Go3 and Mavic definitely work well on Nexus 5.
2017-2-17
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

My Nexus 6p works flawlessly since I changed to a USB cable plugged at the bottom of the RC. I was getting a lot of disconnections with the supplied cable.
2017-2-17
Use props
AGLyons
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47549 ft
Canada

I to have a 6p, however, I don't seem to see the same issues others have been reporting.

I do though make sure to kill all running apps before starting up GO4. I also turn off wifi and bluetooth. Sometimes I even go as far as kicking in airplane mode.

I will say that I do experience range issues but I think that is my bird and not the phone. Currently have setup an RMA and will be sending it back in after getting back from 3.5 weeks in Australia with it. I flew a bunch of times and didn't have a single crash.

Question, those that are crashing. Do you also have v3 installed? if so, remove both and then reinstall v4.
2017-2-17
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.3

United States

I read somewhere that the reason for their app crashing is due to possible memory leaks. That after 8 to 10 minutes, the app crashes and is unable to save any log files. This is dangerous since your log files are necessary to submit a claim should something go wrong. Would you guys mind posting how many GB of RAM your phones have and wether or not you're having any problems? Are you running Nougat 7.1.2? Thanks
2017-6-3
Use props
Bugilt
lvl.1

United States

I wouldn't hold your breath for any android development out of DJI. When they came out with their first bluetooth LED for the woo kong flight controller. They said they were working on an android app for it, but I never saw it happen. We spent over $20k on DJI gear and were left with no support in the majority of cases. I did get them to repair a gimble once. It took 8 months and still in the same condition it went in.
2017-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules