Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal - non-std camera (360 rig)
2251 3 2014-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iceryan
New

Iceland

Would like to stabilize a 500g compact 360 camera rig to a Phantom 2 ... either purchase Vision+ and modify gimbal or purchase regular phantom 2 with customized gimbal setup... as its 360 camera, does not need pan, tilt per se... just steady... and also ideally rig a way for it to drop below skids during flight for clear 360 view...

360 camera in question:
http://freedom360.us/shop/elmo360/

Open to input and ideas...
2014-10-1
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
Second Officer

China

Sorry, DJI doesn't have this kind of gimbal on sales to support the 360° camera DIY
It's not suggested to modify the v+ as the GCU is matched to use with V+ gimbal and camera.
2014-10-11
Use props
kenDJIPhantom2
New

United Kingdom

DJI -Lisa.zhu Posted at 2014-10-11 16:31
Sorry, DJI doesn't have this kind of gimbal on sales to support the 360° camera DIY
It's not sugges ...

DJI does not appear to want you to use anything but their gimbal. If you insist then you may need to change your Tx/Rx to gain control of any gimbal you use. As far as I can judge, this is the case as DJI refuse to answer any questions that would help you with alternative gimbals. Well they have apaprently taken to refusing to answer me, and I have been nothing but polite to date. Check this out There are other UTube articles.
2014-10-16
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
Second Officer

China

DJI has made main controller for both amateur and the professional, support end-user to do DIY
These main contrllers supports installing other brand gimbal.
User can choose own aircraft, match using own gimbal and the gimbal supported camera to do the aerial filming.
2014-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules