Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vision Plus Flying Crappy!!
2045 13 2014-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Guys,

Maybe someone can help before I send it off to be repaired!

I have 2x Vision Plus units. One flys PERFECTLY, steady, smooth and awesome.

The one I have not flown much it flys like CRAP! Yes its calibrated and shows all signs (lights) that its good to go (green lights).

Issue is when I get it up in the air, it cannot and will not hold a steady flight. It even flys up and down on its own, moves around A LOT and is just plain HARD TO CONTROL! I have tried new blades and all that I can think of (simple fix) to get it right and nothing. In the air like I said it does just about everything its not supposed to on its own.

Any ideas? Im not familar with the software that much but I have seen a few videos that DJI put out about magnets messing with the gps module. Problem is when I hook up phantom to the cpu and on the compass read out shows NO VALUES at all.

Im clueless here...can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
2014-10-1
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Just made a short video for yall to see of both drones this one is the one that is out of control!
http://youtu.be/JroFLnQb5bA
2014-10-1
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

This is the stable one with no issues

http://youtu.be/oEVxXeiCbss
2014-10-1
Use props
tracy.langlinai
lvl.1

United States

Same thing mine was doing after a couple of 'bumpy' landings. I found a loose connector inside from the gps module to the main board. Hope this helps and good luck.
2014-10-1
Use props
ElGuano
lvl.1

United States

What are your IMU values in the P2 Assistant for each one? Have you performed an advanced IMU calibration?
2014-10-1
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

ElGuano Posted at 2014-10-2 12:30
What are your IMU values in the P2 Assistant for each one? Have you performed an advanced IMU calibr ...

we just did this today, actually the hobby shop did. They said there is something not right with it. It was moving up and down on its own (slight but it was moving more than it should), and had a bit of a shake of left/right & back/forward kinda glitchy looking so to speak. The other one drone flew like a champ.

I had to call DJI in Cali and get a RMA to send it in...

No telling how long it will be gone...

Thanks for chiming in there tracy & ElGuano
2014-10-2
Use props
ElGuano
lvl.1

United States

I f an advanced cal doesn't fix it and you are getting oscillation in your gyro/accel/compass values, an RMA is probably the best move. Sorry you're going to be losing the bird for a while, but hopefully you have your first one to tide you over until it's back ;)
2014-10-4
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

Good luck I hope it returns in a timely manner and is ready to Rock N Roll...
2014-10-4
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-5 02:30
Good luck I hope it returns in a timely manner and is ready to Rock N Roll...

Thanks Chief....Me too!
2014-10-4
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

ElGuano Posted at 2014-10-5 00:31
I f an advanced cal doesn't fix it and you are getting oscillation in your gyro/accel/compass values ...

Yeah first one seems okay....it shall keep me entertained I hope..the hurt and emptieness I have for my other loved one will always be empty till she returns
2014-10-4
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.1

Netherlands

Compass calibration problem? Connect phantom to the PT2 application and look if the values are very strange. Compass mod somewhere between 1300-1800.

Do a IMU Status check
2014-10-4
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

peteroudenes Posted at 2014-10-5 15:36
Compass calibration problem? Connect phantom to the PT2 application and look if the values are very  ...

got it thanks....

The shop I took it to locally did all that unfortunately and still flew like crap.....

I was actually sent off on Monday......to DJI

Thanks for chiming in though  
2014-10-8
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.3

China

It seems the GPS module is not functioning...
2014-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules