Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
fly aways..need help from Dji!
1974 6 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

my partner and i both have Inspires and have had times when despite doing imu cals and compass cals and checking the number to make sure all was in spec we both had our units just start flying away with no input. on my last one i was in an area that i had flew a couple of times with no issue and when i looked down at the app and went to change the camera settings to take it our of auto i noticed it was flying away with no input. i was near a tree and managed to bring it low enough to basically crash it into the lowest branches of the tree. the gimbal had two of the bushings come loose and one bent prop but i put it back together and checked everything and it was fine. i checked my calibrations and flew it over 2000' away with no issues.  in this case there were high voltage lines about 150' away. 3 flights and one crash. the other two fly aways were with my friend at an ama sancioned field with no other birds in the air and no power lines etc. no cell phones or keys,the tablets were set to airplane mode wiith wifi off each time.
  i would like to send the logs to Dji..my e mail " s.s.gibbs1@comcast.net
    i have other issues i will post elsewhere.
2015-2-5
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.3

United States

sounds like it went into atti mode, and you werent ready to take over, thats why you sort of had control enough to land in a lower branch. so you did have some control.  not really a fly away if you still have control.  I would never fly 150' near high voltage lines.  
2015-2-5
Use props
chato1974.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably using IOS "non-official version", I'm using it too. The IOS version now intermittently causes the GPS to drop out. Putting the Inspire into Atti mode for about 5 - 10 seconds. The official version when it's released should fix this issue.
2015-2-5
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

chato1974.gmail Posted at 2015-2-6 13:18
Probably using IOS "non-official version", I'm using it too. The IOS version now intermittently caus ...

not using iOS and i have had the same issue when not near power lines as well.
by the way,just because it is in atti does not mean it should be flying off by its own. with no input it should hover or drift slightly in the wind,not keep moving at  speed.
  keep in mind this is two different inspires with two different areas..not just the area with the power lines in the area.
i need dji help.
   by the way,thanks for input about distance with the power lines. any idea with high voltage lines how far away is ok?
2015-2-6
Use props
david.spencer.b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same problem on my first flight, looked down at the screen and noticed the video was moving sideways, looked up and it was off. Managed to wrestle control and then it came back to normal only to do the same thing a few mins later and crashed into a tree. I have flown 6 flights since and its been fine. I am super cautions now, on every flight i calibrate the imu and compass and then i set max distance to 15m and upwards 100m. If it ever decides to fly off on start up it wont go further than 15m, better to be safe
2015-2-6
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

david.spencer.b Posted at 2015-2-7 05:23
I had the same problem on my first flight, looked down at the screen and noticed the video was movin ...

yes,i have done the imu and compass cal. EVERY FLIGHT and will continue doing so. i called dji and they said probably some environmental issue and if it happens again send it back. if it happens again it could be in pieces easily. i just ordered a marco polo tracker.
  i did set limits before.. and will go back to that..thanks for the reminder about the limit setting.
  i honestly think dmi thinks this is people making mistakes..but since i lost a p-2 i am very careful and aware.
2015-2-6
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

The current firmware is to sensitive to compass errors. When the software thinks it sees a bad compass reading it turns off gps control and the aircraft goes into atti mode. If your IMU is calibrated correctly atti should be level flight but will move around with the wind. Many of us have this same issue and look forward to better compass error detection in the next release.
2015-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules