Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand new Mavic! No charger + Other Cables Missing [UPDATE]
12Next >
9232 52 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136900 ft

You have got to be kidding... I was so excited, I just picked up my Mavic from the delivery address I had it sent to. Got it home, I just opened it and guess what... I have no charger + after a little while I realised I was also missing other cables. The Micro USB Cable & one of the RC cables - USB Type-C Connector.

Seriously... So I now have a mavic that I can't use because I can't charge it or the RC unless I go out and buy own own cables whilst I wait for them to sort out this situation. This is really awesome and most definitely not acceptable. Below is what I'm missing. Reported to customer services and currently in the process of waiting for an email from them to see what can be done. As my current situation of travelling in Malaysia and leaving quite soon is making this all the more difficult. I'm really not impressed at all.

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 04.14.59.png Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 05.15.20.png Just the Type-C Connector I'm missing from these 3
Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 05.15.25.png

2016-10-31
Use props
fansf906a12b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

Is it a standard 2pin? lokos like something you'd have for a laptop psu.  or is it a custom plug.
2016-10-31
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

fansf906a12b Posted at 2016-11-1 12:28
Is it a standard 2pin? lokos like something you'd have for a laptop psu.  or is it a custom plug.

Yes it's a standard two pin, so of course I'm sure I'll be able to hunt one down here in Malaysia but that's not the point. I now have to go and find one, I also have to pay for one if I do want to use it in the time it takes for them to send me one all the way from China. And that's if they can send me one before I leave here on Nov 22nd.

It's the principle mainly here. It's quite irritating.

2016-10-31
Use props
MadMonkey
lvl.1

United States

LOL, I laugh only because it goes with all the other BS that we have been dealing with.

Good thing it looks like a standard AC power cable. you most likely have 5 of the same kind of cable laying around the house or plugged into something as we speak. If nothing else it is a cable you can pick up at most stores.

I know that the DJI shipping crew is under a lot of stress at the moment, but come on that is just lazy.
2016-10-31
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

MadMonkey Posted at 2016-11-1 12:32
LOL, I laugh only because it goes with all the other BS that we have been dealing with.

Good thing ...

Unfortunately for me it's not the case of having one laying around the house because I am currently travelling in Malaysia... I live in the UK. I ordered the Mavic here whilst I am travelling... So it also makes things complicated to receive a new cable as well because I am leaving soon for Thailand before I head back home to the UK.
2016-10-31
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

Gonna have to go on the hunt to find a cable asap.
2016-10-31
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many appliances use that same cable. I'm sure you could find one around your house.
2016-10-31
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

OK to update the post I am missing more than just that now I've realised. I'm missing:

Power Cable x1
Micro USB Cable x1
USB Type-C Connector Cable (This is one of the 3 RC cables)

This is ridiculous. Really not acceptable.
2016-10-31
Use props
MadMonkey
lvl.1

United States

At this point all I can do is shake my head is disbelief. That is truly sad. DJI needs to get their act together.
2016-10-31
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

And I can't go and buy a Micro USB > USB cable to charge the RC because DJI have made their own square Micro-USB, it's not the universal one that is slightly curved. So looks like I actually can't use it. I'll be able to charge if I buy a 2 pin plug. But I won't be able to charge the RC.

I'm devastated.
UPDATE

Okay I took the RC to a store and he let me test a standard Micro-USB to see if it fitted and worked and luckily it did. So I will have this thing up and running today. As for sorting out this mess with DJI, who knows how long it will take.
2016-10-31
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Wow !!! That is terrible!!!!

Im astonished on how the quality has been compromised in order to send the orders to the customers.
2016-10-31
Use props
phatee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

Honestly this is the first one i'm hearing of someone missing accessories.
2016-10-31
Use props
ALTO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 968291 ft
Malaysia

Hey Kuzz,

sorry to hear about the missing accs in your shipment. Mine is on the way and I hope it's all there, pardon the pun.

Btw, where in Malaysia will you be before you head to Thailand
2016-10-31
Use props
Stokke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207339 ft
Norway

If it is any comfort, I'm also missing one of the RC cables. Not 100% sure which one, but as long as I have the lightning one I'm not gonna bother making contacting DJI. Too much hassle for something I'm probably not gonna use.
2016-10-31
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

ALTO Posted at 2016-11-1 14:26
Hey Kuzz,

sorry to hear about the missing accs in your shipment. Mine is on the way and I hope it' ...

Hi mate. I'm currently in Hartamas - KL. Will be here until I leave on Nov 22nd for Thailand.
2016-10-31
Use props
ALTO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 968291 ft
Malaysia

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-1 15:15
Hi mate. I'm currently in Hartamas - KL. Will be here until I leave on Nov 22nd for Thailand.

Ahhh OK, cos I'm in Kota Kinabalu. Way across the S.C.Sea lol.

Hope you get the parts before you leave for TH
2016-10-31
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

ALTO Posted at 2016-11-1 15:34
Ahhh OK, cos I'm in Kota Kinabalu. Way across the S.C.Sea lol.

Hope you get the parts before yo ...

Ah that's a shame. We could have met up and tested out the drones. I hope you have no problems with your one. I've got it sorted for now, fully charged & just updating the firmware. I will most likely get them to send the missing cables just sent to my home UK address now, no need for them to come here.
2016-10-31
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

Stokke Posted at 2016-11-1 15:15
If it is any comfort, I'm also missing one of the RC cables. Not 100% sure which one, but as long as ...

I actually think they changed how many RC cables were going to be included. You'll probably be missing the Type-C Connector cable like me. It says this cable comes with the Mavic on the website 'What's in the box' but in the paperwork that come with the Mavic this cable isn't listed. So everyone is probably missing this one.

The Lightning cables comes already attached to the RC and the standard micro USB connector comes separate in the box.
2016-10-31
Use props
fans25665d4c
lvl.3

United States

Is it just me or do the mavic's look poorly packaged compared to the phantom 4 in general though? Openning up my P4 was just as breathtaking as firing her up for the first time, the mavic looks like its just been scooped up off a production line in a rough black tray. Plus there have been a few cosmetic faults noted and now this.... just on this forum alone! why isnt every box given a final QC stamp to ensure everything is there and there arent any cracks, dents, missing bits or fallen off protection devices etc etc!? Just another important corner cut by DJI if you ask me, my opinion of them is dropping by the day.
2016-10-31
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Kuzz
From your thread description is sounded like you didn't have a battery charger which would have been extremely depressing. It sounds like the cable pack wasn't put in your package, as I assume the lightening cable was present and preinstalled on the controller. I understand your annoyance at the principle of the mistake but the missing cables are easily found for just a few Ringgits. I'm sure DVI will recompense you for your loss once you get back home to the UK. In the meantime, there is nothing stopping you from getting out there and posting some fabulous shots of Malaysia and Thailand before you get back.
2016-11-1
Use props
Powey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-1 04:56
OK to update the post I am missing more than just that now I've realised. I'm missing:

Power Cable  ...

Hi Kuzz,

Gutted for you - did you have the fly more package too?

With an item of this value and status you would expect a complete and tidy package, preferably smelling of roses!

Hope you manage a good text flight today (send me some shots if you do please
2016-11-1
Use props
Powey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-1 04:56

Power Cable  ...

Hi Kuzz,

With an item of this value and status you would expect a complete and tidy package, preferably smelling of roses!

2016-11-1
Use props
MetalZone
New

Malaysia

Hello there! I'm from Malaysia as well. I'm waiting for my Mavic too.
That cable looks like a very common cable. My printer, Nikon camera battery charger, and power adapter for my guitar effects have the same connector. I'm sure you can find one if you look in the right places. Try shops that sell electronic components. Jalan Pasar in KL has a lot of these shops if you really don't know where to look. Worst case, I believe I have a spare at home.
Edit: It seems like you managed to find your cable.

2016-11-1
Use props
Powey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Kuzz,

2016-11-1
Use props
MetalZone
New

Malaysia

*Edit double post*
2016-11-1
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

He is bullshitting you guys he wants attention
2016-11-1
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

watuse Posted at 2016-11-1 17:07
He is bullshitting you guys he wants attention

Nice try troll.
2016-11-1
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

Powey Posted at 2016-11-1 16:48
Hi Kuzz,

No I ordered the Mavic only.

Yeah well like I say I managed to get everything up and running. Fully charged now and firmware is updated. Not sure I'll get to fly it today though. I want to go to a very open park or field somewhere for my first flight, I really won't risk anything going haywire and it flying off into a wall if I do it round the back of my apartment block where there is space, but not enough for my liking.

Sun down will be in about 1 hour 50 so I guess I'll fly first thing tomorrow morning.
2016-11-1
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

MetalZone Posted at 2016-11-1 16:48
Hello there! I'm from Malaysia as well. I'm waiting for my Mavic too.
That cable looks like a very c ...

Yeah I managed to go and buy some and get it all sorted. Thanks for the advice though. Hope you get yours soon. I really wanna go to back to Broga Hill to get some nice footage and also Bukit Tabur although I know somebody died there last month by falling so I'm not sure if that's a good idea for me haha.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the frustration.
Have you contacted with after-sales support? What area are you located in?
Did it happen to generate a ticket number for you?
2016-11-1
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-1 17:22
Sorry for the frustration.
Have you contacted with after-sales support? What area are you located in ...

I spoke to live chat via the dji.com/support page. They told me they would email me later (Try their best for today) to confirm the missing cables and resolve the issue. I have however not heard anything yet, and I don't have a support ticket started as I guess I'm waiting for them to email me following the information I provided via the online chat.

Unfortunately my location is a bit of a difficult thing here. I'm currently in KL - Malaysia travelling, this is where I got it ordered/delivered to. But I'm leaving here soon to go to Thailand and then I'll be returning home to the UK Dec 6th. So I guess when we get this resolved I'll have to ask you DJI to send the missing cables to my UK home address.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-1 17:37
I spoke to live chat via the dji.com/support page. They told me they would email me later (Try the ...

If you get the ticket number, please let me know.
And I'll help to follow up with it.
2016-11-1
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-1 17:40

Thank you for the help, appreciate it. I will let you know of any further developments, hopefully soon.
2016-11-1
Use props
Enkeixpress
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297497 ft

I sure as hell hope that there's nothing missing in my box once it arrives. I'd feel a little pissed knowing I'd need to make contact with DJI, convince them it arrived with stuff missing and maybe even having to send the drone back to DJI or Amazon or wherever the hell I purchased the drone from. Got orders placed at multiple places now. Seeing which one will dispatch the earliest.
2016-11-1
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-1 17:40

Hi Mindy,

Could you please give me the correct email for after-sales support. I've had no email sent to me like the live chat agent said they would yesterday. I want to start it up myself today as this is quite an issue.

Thanks.
2016-11-1
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-1 23:09
Hi Mindy,

Could you please give me the correct email for after-sales support. I've had no email s ...

DJI forgot two generic cables and that qualifies as "quite an issue"? Looks like everyone from DJI is being helpful and you haven't filed an actual ticket.

Spend a few dollars (or whatever currency) and grab a few cables and call it a day. Put a ticket in and they will send a the missing cables to your UK address. This is like the smallest problem I've heard yet.
2016-11-1
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-2 12:06
DJI forgot two generic cables and that qualifies as "quite an issue"? Looks like everyone from DJI ...

I think you should re-read the entire thread again.
2016-11-1
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3

First flight... Awesome
2016-11-2
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

When did you order? I'm from Malaysia and order on 4th October. Not sure if I can get it by November as I'll be going to Iceland on early December. Hope to get the drone before my vacation.
2016-11-2
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Unacceptable on the part of DJI but I'm glad you were able to get the situation resolved by yourself.

Awesome shots to be had in Malaysia
2016-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules