DJIGO v2.8.0 vs v3.0.1 Live video feed issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blandy
New

United Kingdom

I have a P3 Adv and I seem to have resolved my issues but thought I would share what I found.

I have updated both the aircraft and the RC to latest firmwares:

RC: v1.8.0
P3: v1.9.60
Android App: v3.0.1

Now, I'm not sure which version of the Android app I had before the v3.0.1 app update but I'm currently using v2.8.0 and the live video feed works perfectly, even at 2-3 km distance, (probably further to be honest but not flown further than 3.2 (~2 mile) yet). When the DJIGO app updated to v3.0.1, I noticed that quite quickly after a short range, the live video would break with either pinkish or grey line blocks which was strange, certainly was annoying. I also noticed the live video breakage was affecting things like the altitude and distance, (they would flicker to 0.0 temporarily). As the RC feeds back to the tablet / phone via USB cable, I suspect there is an issue with the way the v3.0.1 app deals with all the data maybe? As it a major version update from v2.x.x then maybe they changed the way its coded? Bug?

The main video from the aircraft was OK once I got it back.

Why is the new app causing this to happen? I'm going to try both the v2.8.3 and v2.9.1 versions of the Android app and see if all is OK with them. If anyone else is having connection / live video issues, try the older DJIGo apps here:

http://apksave.com/android-apps-games/media-video/dji-go

(scroll further down for older versions)

Here is a sample of a place called Kirkhead I did at a range of 3.1 km (~2 mile). Just sharing my first videos I'll have more of the Lake District in Cumbria, UK coming soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtgJJPJmYuc

2016-11-1
Use props
blandy
New

United Kingdom

I've updated the text above a bit so if you already read it, have another look. Needless to say, I'll be sticking with the v2.x.x of the DJIGO app until DJI confirm its sorted the issues. If not, I leave it as it is as you know how the saying goes:

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it!"

;)

I understand they introduce new features etc but seriously, it does everything I need so I'm not budging as I do not want to have these issues again as they are a pain to diagnose and resolve.
2016-11-1
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Yeh I had the same after updating my Advanced...it was the first problem Ive had with all the updates. I rolled my RC back to 1.6 and no more problems. Im using a Samsung S2 9.7" tablet. I also left the GoApp on 3.01. Im not updating anything straight up anymore...with the Mavic being thrown in the ring using the same App..we seem to be now getting some problems. I was going to look at buying a Mavic but at the moment they are having a few problems so will leave it to next year ( OR MAYBE WAIT FOR PHANTOM 5 ????)
2016-11-1
Use props
blandy
New

United Kingdom

I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone. So your RC firmware is 1.6.0? I tried that and it then would not let me fly are the RC had a "Required Update" so I was stuck. Had to upgrade. Fortunately, the older versions of the DJIGO app solved my issues but I will try the v2.9.1 as well as I would prefer a more update-to-date version It is interesting the v3.0.1 is working OK for you so maybe the issue is something else... I dunno.

I would say this to everybody if they don't already know, before upgrading ANYTHING, make a note of ALL the versions of the firmware / app so that's:

RC firmware version
Aircraft firmware version
DJIGO app version

You can obtain the versions from the menu on the DJIGO screen on the top-right and scrolling down to the bottom and tapping "About".

If everything is running OK, then its good to know as when you do decide to try to upgrade and it does goes wrong or problematic, you can roll back and at least get it stable again knowing exactly what versions you need etc.
2016-11-1
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft

That was a fabulous flight!  Wish there were open fields in North Georgia USA.  Thank you for sharing.  
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for sharing your experience about solving the image transmission issue.
To locate the issue, would you mind providing us a video about the live video issue if you still have one for further evaluation?
You have tried different android devices, but there is no improvement since you upgrade APP to V3.0.1, right?
2016-11-1
Use props
blandy
New

United Kingdom

Hi Natalia, unfortunately, the auto cache removal has deleted them so I don't have them anymore I have however, put the DJIGO v2.9.1 on and the live video feed to my Android phone looks to still be OK so that's good.

I have had my old battery cause me a major issue today, (as in the aircraft crashed into my house wall), with the "Warning, low voltage" issue and I flew it back but when I got close to my house, it did not stop and flew into my house wall ouch! The aircraft is actually fine amazingly but the propellers were smashed to pieces, (I had 4 spare so no probs), and also the angled arm on the gimble snapped along with the Ribbon cable. I have just purchased a new ribbon cable from ebay and am fixing the arm for now to test the camera as not sure what state its in but hopefully its OK. Once confirmed, I'll purchase a new gimble arm from ebay as well.

I tested the P3Adv afterwards without the gimble / camera visually and its fine so glad about that.

Not sure why it carried on into the wall strange. The auto landing feature with a low voltage is NOT helpful thou. I had to over-ride it by flying up to keep the height in order to get it back. What happens with the voltages at certain points? Is there a point where it will just fall out the sky if too low?
2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules