Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Notice: Username change in DJI Forum
62508 62508 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dear forum users,

To better protect forum user's privacy, DJI forum is now upgrading its system. Your user ID may change following these rules,

1. If you never set a user name since registration, your user name will be displayed as "fans + a random number" now;

2. If you set a user name, but the user name is the same with your forum-registered email's pre-fix, for examplle, you set your user name as Jone_Doe while your email is Jone_Doe@gmail.com,  your user name will also be changed to "fans + a random number" also.

You can change your user name in the "Setting" in your Personal Homepage.

Thank you.

2016-11-1
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Personally, I don't think this is a good idea.

As a company, you want to encourage responsible posts.
Anonymity opens the door for people to vent their frustrations in a rude manner and a certain level of toxicity is reached, the forum becomes a huge turnoff.

You can gather a lot of feedback / market intelligence running a good forum.

I would also suggest that you enable some users to serve as moderators. Some experienced posters have more knowledge of systems and trouble shooting that some of DJI professionals.
2016-11-1
Use props
Tass
lvl.1

United States

When the username is the same as the email address this is a good idea.  I've actually noticed my inbox has been getting a number of junk / spam / odd emails with Chinese characters, that I obviously can't read, yet there is usually one line in English that references a thread from this forum!  Doesn't take a genius for spammers to scoop up a bunch of names and match them up with some of the most well known email accounts.
2016-11-2
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-2 06:06

As a company, you want to encourage responsible pos ...

"Anonymity opens the door for people to vent their frustrations in a rude manner and a certain level of toxicity is reached, the forum becomes a huge turnoff. "

And that's from 'Mike-the-cat'

But seriously, I think that anything that can be done to help make things more secure can only be a good thing. 'Tass' above gives one good example. And then there may be those who use the same login ID and password for all sites, that could leave them in big trouble.
2016-11-2
Use props
ari_za
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-2 08:06

Agreed. We shouldn't be allowed to change our own usernames, but site admins/mods/staff only.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-2 14:06

You don't necessarily need to become a moderator in order to help out as you guys already do thus far. Per policy, we cannot have non DJI employees have access to other people's accounts. The assistance that you, and others provide on the forum is greatly appreciated within the community, just keep doing what your doing.
2016-11-2
Use props
johnlega
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Maybe our usernames can be the date we received our Mavic... that way most users names will be blank....

2016-11-2
Use props
SajidShah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

LOL Nice ..................
2016-11-2
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

When does this go into effect?
2016-11-2
Use props
AnchorageAk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

It would have been nice to have some advance warning about this. Mine was changed days ago, and it took me a bit to figure it all out.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-3 02:07
You don't necessarily need to become a moderator in order to help out as you guys already do thus  ...

What you say makes sense at some level. However, these legal routes don't guarantee company loyalty.  

DJI: You haven't forgotten Colin Guinn have you?

http://motherboard.vice.com/read ... by-ex-dji-employees

My point is that some of the forum members are likely to be more loyal than employees.

Logic being that if they have been providing constructive advice for free over sustained periods, then they are are unlikely to be motivated by career ambitions.

Sign them up with a NDA or something like that, offer credits for product purchase, premiere treatment for repair work - some in kind reward.

The original beta test program attracted a mixed bunch of people but now that about 2 years has passed, surely, you have a better sense of who the players are and who you can count on.
2016-11-2
Use props
andrewilley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well that's a load of old codswallop (to use a British term). If I set a username, it should have been left as I set it.

I keep my online identity honest and consistent wherever as I go - just the same as I don't go into new places in real life using different pseudonyms or wearing a disguise to hide my identity (well, not often anyway ).

Anyway, I've changed it back now, what a waste of time.

Andre

2016-11-3
Use props
Krankie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this in response to your DJI moderators giving out personal information of your clients on the Forum?
2016-11-3
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

Just wanted to check out my avatar.

EDIT: That sux, back to my standard one.
2016-11-3
Use props
pspkJTrusW4Q
lvl.4

United States

How do I change my user name? I tried changing it under Personal Homepage/Settings, but it won't let me. No matter what I type in, it says, "username already exists". I even tried a bunch of random keystrokes, but it said someone already had that name, even though it was total nonsense.

I really don't want to be the default that it gave me, "pspkJTrusW4Q". That's just horrible.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-4 06:02
Is this in response to your DJI moderators giving out personal information of your clients on the Fo ...

That's a serious accusation and I've not heard of it before, can you elaborate?

2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

pspkJTrusW4Q Posted at 2016-11-3 23:18
How do I change my user name? I tried changing it under Personal Homepage/Settings, but it won't let ...

Hi, what user name would you like? I'll change it manually for you
2016-11-3
Use props
pspkJTrusW4Q
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-4 00:31
Hi, what user name would you like? I'll change it manually for you

Jason M Bryant

Someone already contacted me through email, so maybe it's already being worked on.

Thank you for the help.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

pspkJTrusW4Q Posted at 2016-11-4 15:42
Jason M Bryant

Someone already contacted me through email, so maybe it's already being worked on. ...

It says updated. Try posting a reply and see if the user name is changed
2016-11-3
Use props
pspkJTrusW4Q
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-4 00:50
It says updated. Try posting a reply and see if the user name is changed

Okay, here's a test post.

Edit: Nope, the name under my photo is still "pspkJTrus4Q".
2016-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey Jason M Bryant, how's it going?

Try it now... Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-4
Use props
pspkJTrusW4Q
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-4 01:30
Hey Jason M Bryant, how's it going?

Try it now... Haha

I'm still seeing the nonsense name. Does it look different to everyone else?
2016-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

pspkJTrusW4Q Posted at 2016-11-4 02:35
I'm still seeing the nonsense name. Does it look different to everyone else?

No, not here. ;-)
Not yet, anyway...

RedHotPoker
2016-11-4
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Dumb rule - the e-mail prefix / user not being allowed. But hey, those who manage this believe they are wise. Let them be.
2016-11-4
Use props
fans8d715c07
lvl.4
United States

If you do not mind, I either like to use my email account name (which IS my last name, first initial) or my first name, last name.  Neither of which works.  Someone made some mistakes here and it really need not be so complicated.  It is only a user forum.
2016-11-4
Use props
pspkJTrusW4Q
lvl.4

China

At the very least, just let me be named "Jason". There are a million Jasons in the world, so there's no privacy issue.

I disagree with the policy, but let me be clear, *nothing* worked. I tried a nickname and random letters, nothing worked.

Right now, the forum software is bugged.
2016-11-4
Use props
Krankie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-4 01:23
That's a serious accusation and I've not heard of it before, can you elaborate?

Sure you can contact me if you like.  It's absolutely true, documented and reported and I have every single screen shot, and I still have the forum ID number that was deleted.
2016-11-6
Use props
fanscd256e3f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft

Man that sucks
2016-11-6
Use props
fanscd256e3f
Second Officer

test name test
2016-11-6
Use props
fanscd256e3f
Second Officer

yeah mine wont change.  this is the mark of the beast. I do not approve. if I'm going to be listed as a number I'll need to find a new company to do business with. I'm a human being not a random number
2016-11-6
Use props
fanscd256e3f
Second Officer

Test number 2 i used steve-p3s-76. It reflects inside the app but not on the form
2016-11-6
Use props
fanscd256e3f
Second Officer

test 3 steve_p3s_76
2016-11-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-11-2 14:17
Maybe our usernames can be the date we received our Mavic... that way most users names will be blank ...

Your username will be july2017
2016-11-6
Use props
pspkJTrusW4Q
lvl.4

United States

I just got finished with an email thread from someone claiming to be an admin for this forum. I say "claiming to be" because he was either completely incompetent or he was lying to me. He claimed that nobody else was having this problem even after I showed him fanscd256e3f's posts. He said several other things that don't make sense, so I just told him to stop contacting me.

The forum software is broken. I really don't want to post in other threads with a nonsense name, so that limits my interaction with this community. From now on, I'm just going to put my name at the bottom of every post.

-Jason M. Bryant
2016-11-6
Use props
KenTbk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 327644 ft
Singapore

just notice that after change the nickname,
all the previous post is still using the old name, as well as the "fans + a random number" a bit complicated on this. should come out a fix for this.
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI changed my
Second Officer
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

see if my name change worked
2016-11-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hahaha, who thought up this madness? J/K

This is a test, only a test!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-13
Use props
fansbf038726
Second Officer
Flight distance : 123104 ft
Russia

How can I send the change request E-mail, goal is to be able to bring back the old nick?
2016-11-24
Use props
fans01318651
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2689026 ft
United States

I don't understand why I had to re registered to the forum. I was already registered. I would like to get my points, my user name and all other information missing back. I just purchased a Mavic from DJI and I assume they wanted me to register for the forum, but I don't know why because I already was.
2017-1-10
Use props
fansbf038726
Second Officer
Flight distance : 123104 ft
Russia

fans01318651 Posted at 2017-1-10 13:35
I don't understand why I had to re registered to the forum. I was already registered. I would like to get my points, my user name and all other information missing back. I just purchased a Mavic from DJI and I assume they wanted me to register for the forum, but I don't know why because I already was.

You must be at check-in Aicraft in DJI GO to enter their email and password and the app said that is not true. And You have decided to register a new account? I had a similar situation arises is due to the fact that You could enter the email in the wrong register, which was entered at registration.
Ie look again

If when you first register with DJI You entered your email with different register (YOURLogin@gmail.com) while registering a new device DJI, DJI Go app resets the register at the bottom default (yourlogin@gmail.com) and so You can't log in. When registering a new device DJI on the old account, you just need to fix the register of the email symbols to the one You used when you first registered your account DJI (enter: YOURLogin@gmail.com).

Sincerely Your ROSTOVisualFX.
DJI has deprived me of my username because of the coincidence with E-mail, and refuse to help me change the registration e-mail to get my username!
And Mavic are waiting on pre-order since October.
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules