Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deedjeeeye
lvl.1

Netherlands

F0pGbCm8btBR Posted at 2016-12-9 19:33
has anyone cancelled an order and sought interest refund from trading standard.  they took money before delivering products and as such held my money for 2 months on credit card interest rates that's 34% interest on 9,999hkd for 2 months in my case

Thats a lot, maybe next time use PayPall doesn't cost a thing only DJI.
2016-12-9
Use props
Ely324
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

seanmdo@hotmail Posted at 2016-12-9 14:20
Hey DJI-Ken,

Why are people getting their orders fulfilled out of sequence.  I see people who've placed orders well after me through 3rd parties receiving the Mavic. I order mine on 9/30 through Adorama and nothing.... Doesn't seem like first come first served as stated during the pre-order....

Dude, you ordered through a 3rd party vendor. Adorama could have ordered only a small amount and or placed their order later than other vendors.

DJI can only provide drones in sequence of order to those who ordered direct from DJI store. Yes they should provide drones to other resale stores in sequence as well, but there are other factors like how many units each store ordered and when they placed their initial order or any additional orders.

2016-12-9
Use props
fansf4f8eacb
New
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-9 12:06
Dude, you ordered through a 3rd party vendor. Adorama could have ordered only a small amount and or placed their order later than other vendors.

DJI can only provide drones in sequence of order to those who ordered direct from DJI store. Yes they should provide drones to other resale stores in sequence as well, but there are other factors like how many units each store ordered and when they placed their initial order or any additional orders.

Great point! This should really be considered by those of us that did not order from DJI directly.

I ordered mine on 10/5/2016, from B & H Photo. They have NO idea when they'll be seeing theirs from DJI - as DJI isn't telling them a THING.

All of the frustration boils down to DJIs profound lack of meaningful information. Are you listening, DJI?!
2016-12-9
Use props
seanmdo
New

United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-9 15:06

I understand that, but you don't think that larger retailers had orders in place at the time (or shortly after) of the launch???
2016-12-9
Use props
BarrabasOnAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Germany

While waiting and feeling uninformed, I made some fake calculations to set my hopes right. My assumption is that by the end of January they might have produced 100.000 units, which should be enough to serve the pre-orders. See my arguments and quick calculation here: https://tinyentropy.com/2016/12/09/waiting-for-the-mavic-pro/

It is just speculation, but I guess I rather underestimate their true resources and capabilities.
2016-12-9
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-12-9
Use props
fans231cf598
lvl.1

United States

10-15 Mavic Pro Combo
2016-12-9
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

This thread is now under warning mode. Any comments made to obviously offend another user will result in an immediate 7-day ban of that user.
2016-12-9
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269245 ft
United States

October 7th, 3rd party... was just told I wouldn't receive my Mavic till some time in January..they said maybe..just maybe by next year but not likely..which is fine by me..no hurry on my side. I don't understand what people are having a problem with this update... If I get mine by the first week of January it will fall into the November 3rd time line.. if you ordered before November 3rd and you haven't gotten yours before January 3rd then start complaining. This first come first serve thing is getting old...people need to chill...whining doesn't help..not very graceful..makes ya look stupid... Peace Out...
2016-12-9
Use props
fanse4cd9410

United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 10:10
hmmm I don't like to be told that I cannot do anything. I manage a large customer service team for a well known brand, and its fact that if you scream loud enough in the right direction then things happen.
So what I want to know is who can put pressure on to get the channels moving in favour of the distributors waiting patiently in Europe. We see unit after unit being delivered now for people who ordered directly, and you can walk into Apple stores in the US and buy off the shelves! very unfair system I was so excited when it was announced I practically bounced to my local dealer and ordered on the 29th Sept!

you don't need scream, it will get you nowhere DJI will not listen to people who are screaming and whining  about their MAVIC be pateint and wait it will come.
2016-12-9
Use props
seanmdo
New

United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-9 17:04
October 7th, 3rd party... was just told I wouldn't receive my Mavic till some time in January..they said maybe..just maybe by next year but not likely..which is fine by me..no hurry on my side. I don't understand what people are having a problem with this update... If I get mine by the first week of January it will fall into the November 3rd time line.. if you ordered before November 3rd and you haven't gotten yours before January 3rd then start complaining. This first come first serve thing is getting old...people need to chill...whining doesn't help..not very graceful..makes ya look stupid... Peace Out...

I'm with you.  It is getting old, but most of this would be eliminated with some updates from DJI (I know, a broken record). I have some vacations coming in January that I thought would never be effected by something promised to ship in mid October.  I will still enjoy my vacation and I will enjoy the Mavic whenever it arrives, but its about setting expectations and when they aren't met, being completely unapologetic about your failures.  I also bought a Soloshot 3 and pre-ordered it in September 2015!!! The company originally planned to ship sometime last spring and still hasn't done so.  The difference is that Soloshot has sent emails out on a regular basis communicating about the delay and even posting about why the delay was occurring.  All this from a company with much less man power and financial backing.  OK, i'm stepping down from the soap box
2016-12-9
Use props
Ahyesiam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285118 ft
United States

fansc2847c7b Posted at 2016-12-9 17:05
According to the US Consumer Products Safety Commission, (CPSC), there have been numerous investigations launched into the reliability and safety of the Mavic, considering issues of sensor failings, GPS failing, control failings, etc.

As such, Apple Stores today in the United States are now advising of another 8-10 week delay (from today).

Can you post a link to prove this claim?

2016-12-9
Use props
Ahyesiam
lvl.1
United States

It seems shipping came to a screeching halt today. The rumors are DLI shut down until Jan. !. Does anyone know anything about this?
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ahyesiam Posted at 2016-12-9 16:16
It seems shipping came to a screeching halt today. The rumors are DLI shut down until Jan. !. Does anyone know anything about this?

You shouldn't believe things you read on the internet. DJI is open producing and shipping.
They will however be closed for a week for Chinese New Year.
2016-12-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 17:47
Let's what other users say and I can send a request.
Also, from the Me page, you can click more and send you own feedback.

Hi Ken

I thought that was what it said ... should have looked it up myself  thank you.

I think you will see some other comments on the gimbal speed (it was brought up in beta)  it affects everything Inspire 1 P3 P4 Mavic  so far.

Thanks again,
PS:  I think I will try recalibration of the gimbal using the DJI assistant 2 software on the monitor. It appears to overdrive during startup camera calibration.  

If you think I am going down the wrong path, let me know and I will hold off
Rich
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-9 18:57
Hi Ken

I thought that was what it said ... should have looked it up myself  thank you.

I just tried a Inspire1 and P4 and all is good.
Can you post a quick video clip from your cell phone showing it.
2016-12-9
Use props
Ahyesiam
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 19:51
You shouldn't believe things you read on the internet. DJI is open producing and shipping.

Thanks Ken, I looked it up and that isn't even until Jan. 27th 2017 I have been following the shipping reports from Dronehome and they stopped early this morning but just resumed a couple of hours ago. I am sure that report is not 100% accurate.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ahyesiam Posted at 2016-12-9 19:30
Thanks Ken, I looked it up and that isn't even until Jan. 27th 2017 I have been following the shipping reports from Dronehome and they stopped early this morning but just resumed a couple of hours ago. I am sure that report is not 100% accurate.

No problem at all.
2016-12-9
Use props
TB20Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6716 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 19:51

Ken, can you confirm if it is only corporate that is closed for a week?  With the factories I deal with in China most factory workers head home much earlier for a longer time period.
2016-12-9
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.3

United States

Got mine finally shpping to me by tuesday the 13th... ordered on oct 15
2016-12-9
Use props
fansd53a98be
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-10 00:54
Not always, but probably 99% of the time I would agree with.

One thing for sure is you are not going to get any other email address besides  or any other contact info that isn't already available to you via their website. This is not the place to bark at thinking you will get a different response than what has been given to everyone else that has shown expression about this subject like you have.

Agree! He works in Customer Service so he should know better than anyone. Feel free to cancel!
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

TB20Flyer Posted at 2016-12-9 22:02
Ken, can you confirm if it is only corporate that is closed for a week?  With the factories I deal with in China most factory workers head home much earlier for a longer time period.

I do not know the production holiday schedule, I will inquire about it.
2016-12-9
Use props
nivekeel
lvl.1

Australia

Finally, my shipping status is now "shipped"!! by DHL shipping to Australia, should arrive next week sometimes~ thank you DJI!!~
2016-12-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 18:02
I just tried a Inspire1 and P4 and all is good.
Can you post a quick video clip from your cell phone showing it.

Ken

This was a quick edit from the Go App and certainly was not intended to show the Mavic at its best. I use the C1 button to move the camera straight down and center. I was trying to move the gimbal dial on the remote very slowly to pan. It is very difficult to get slow and smooth....
Mavic gimbal speed set at 14%

I did try to focus all my shots but as you can see the depth of field is blurry in some spots.

Rich
2016-12-9
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.3

Australia

nivekeel Posted at 2016-12-10 16:20
Finally, my shipping status is now "shipped"!! by DHL shipping to Australia, should arrive next week sometimes~ thank you DJI!!~

When did you order? Mavic only or combo? Still waiting on my mavic only order from Oct 3rd...
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-10 14:23
Ken

This was a quick edit from the Go App and certainly was not intended to show the Mavic at its best. I use the C1 button to move the camera straight down and center. I was trying to move the gimbal dial on the remote very slowly to pan. It is very difficult to get slow and smooth....

I see, yes it should be more fluid and barely turning the wheel should make it crawl.
I can check this on Monday.
2016-12-9
Use props
F0pGbCm8btBR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 435781 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I leave for Europe in 1 week and a couple of days and still no mavic pro (over 10 weeks ordered per the system) - repeated no reply to contact for updates.  I will have to cancel and then file a formal complaint to the consumer council.  There are principles and rules, no company and just take your money and stay silent.  If banks did this they will have to pay you lost interest.  That's why reputable companies such as Apple, Nike and any other large good standing company will only take your money once your order is ready to ship.  In the financial accounts of DJI, they are not even allowed to register this money as revenue unless they ship a product - it is classed as a liability on their books - effectively a loan.  On principle I am not in agreement to loan DJI money at 0% interest to fund their working capital whilst they continue to treat consumers as crap.

Bottom line, all of you guys who are defending DJI (for I don't know what - fanboy-ism?) are being taken for a ride by unrepeatable large companies - they have effectively borrowed money from consumers at 0% interest, they make interest on this working capital, probably in money markets getting a few % points, whilst we are out of pocket with no communication.  I know many want the Mavic and are willing to put up with this crap, but wanting a product and giving bad company practices a pass is a different thing.
2016-12-9
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

David Pumpkins Posted at 2016-12-9 21:09
Got mine finally shpping to me by tuesday the 13th... ordered on oct 15

Good for you finally getting yours. Mine was ordered a week after you, so maybe I'll get mine in time for Christmas. Here's hoping.
2016-12-9
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-9 22:23
Ken

Hey Rich,  been viewing a lot of tutorial and help videos for the Mavic while I wait for it. Check this video out as it might help with the problem you're having. It's about fine-tuning the gimbal & yaw.

2016-12-9
Use props
Randika
lvl.1

Australia

OMG finally the wait is over. Mine got shipped today. I ordered on 11 th October from Australia    
2016-12-10
Use props
fanse1dd4cd2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270646 ft
United States

I got mine last night!!!!! I can't believe the wait is over!
I ordered on Oct 17th, Best Buy, US.
2016-12-10
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.3

Australia

Randika Posted at 2016-12-10 18:02
OMG finally the wait is over. Mine got shipped today. I ordered on 11 th October from Australia

Me too! Finally the 4th Blue dot. Oct 3 order to Aus, mavic only
2016-12-10
Use props
Bucefalo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

Gunglejim Posted at 2016-12-10 08:56
Hey Rich,  been viewing a lot of tutorial and help videos for the Mavic while I wait for it. Check this video out as it might help with the problem you're having. It's about fine-tuning the gimbal & yaw.

fine tuning gimbal & yaw

woaw... great video THANKS !!!!!!
2016-12-10
Use props
Randika
lvl.1

Australia

Dasm6tPRI5iL Posted at 2016-12-10 16:31
Me too! Finally the 4th Blue dot. Oct 3 order to Aus, mavic only

Awesome.... We can race our drones together   
2016-12-10
Use props
Timgnottm
New

United Kingdom

I ordered my Mavic in October, after delays it was delivered today... except the only part delivered was the batteries, charger and props! No drone. I have to send what I have back via Amazon who tell me that I'm now at the back of the queue. No delivery date available. I have been patient, this is trying ! Amazon tell me I am not the first! This is not good DJI...
2016-12-10
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Gunglejim Posted at 2016-12-10 07:56

fine tuning gimbal & yaw

Very helpful video.....thanks for sharing, just need a drone now to try it out on!
2016-12-10
Use props
fansbc9d145e
lvl.1

United States

Ordered on October 22, just got shipping notification!!! Just mavic not combo. Good luck!
2016-12-10
Use props
gorillaproof
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37490 ft
United States

Got my shipping notification today also...looks like it should be here Wed ordered Oct 21st.
2016-12-10
Use props
VsRqAae5bgAu
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Lucky people!

Ordered Oct 8th UK, still no shipping notice.

More anxious about this turning up than Santa.
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules