Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91812431 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

I think want the dji mavic pro travel case.
Can use travelling airplane far UK to India (london heathrow to  amritsar) and Airplane:- Air india, Jet Airways, Qatar or Uzbekistan,  With 2 or 3 x batteries put mavic bag case for can travel free? I am learing that  time..

1. Not full charged batteries?
2. Taping over the connection terminal to batteries and put mavic bag case or larger luggage bag?
3. Or mavic 2 x battery put Li-Po Battery Safe bag where in bag, backpack, luggage bag and etc?

Thanks.

dji mavic pro travel case

dji mavic pro travel case
2016-11-6
Use props
barts
lvl.1

Ireland

2016-11-6
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

The rule is simple: you must have the batteries with you aboard (with your hand luggage in the cabin), you cannot store them (no matter what) in the checked in luggage.
2016-11-6
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Carry it on board with you in the case. Definitely not in your checked baggage as spare batteries in hold prohibited. Some carries wont even let you carry the drone in hold. Most carriers would consider the battery terminals in these batteries as being protected already, so need for tape on them.
Airline I work for allows for 1 battery on device plus 2 spares and also has limits on total capacity as well. Three Mavic batteries comply. So as they say YMMV. Check on your airlines website as they will have a diagram like the 2013 one listed above. Which by the way may be out of date. LIPO battery rules of carriage are changing quite frequently recently.
2016-11-6
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-6 13:35
The rule is simple: you must have the batteries with you aboard (with your hand luggage in the cabin ...

I'll throw out that this changes by country. While most normal countries want you to carry your batteries in carry-on, Mexico explicitly states it wants them in checked baggage. I almost had a large amount of rechargeable eneloop batteries taken, but luckily I knew a little spanish and was able to negotiate with the airport security official.
2016-11-6
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-11-6 21:17
I'll throw out that this changes by country. While most normal countries want you to carry your ba ...

D you mean the company.. not the country? I travel a lot around the world, I do not have found a single company asking to place your batteries in the checked in luggage, all of them want it in the hand baggage, it often call people during the inspection if you try to put your batteries in the registered bag.

Which company have asked you to place your batteries in the checked luggage? It sounds strange to me...
2016-11-6
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
United States

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-7 05:12
D you mean the company.. not the country? I travel a lot around the world, I do not have found a s ...

No, i meant country. The country's regulatory agency (TSA for United States, for example) is who sets the rules for what can and can't be stored on the flight.

I was able to find this after my run-in on a Mexican government website, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. I did find somebody else who also explains the same on this TSA blog:
http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/06/trav ... safely-packing.html

"Careful, folks! If you fly out of Cozumel or other Mexican vacation destinations and try to carry on your NiMH rechargeables or other batteries, even if they're packaged carefully, they may be confiscated. Mexico, for some illogical reason, demands that ALL batteries be packed in checked luggage. (Which is the exact opposite of what TSA demands!) "
2016-11-7
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-11-7 17:41
No, i meant country. The country's regulatory agency (TSA for United States, for example) is who s ...

This is inaccurate.

- The companies can have their own rules (in example recently certain companies have banned the Samsung Note 7 from their flights..);

- In Mexico for the in-equipment batteries (the batteries inserted into the device) can be transported in the checked-in luggage, while any spare battery (that is what interest to us) must be carried in the carry on luggage (it's prohibited to transport them in the checked-in luggage).

Here's the rules form Aero Mexico (flag carrier in Mexico):

https://aeromexico.com/en/travel ... -allowance/?site=us
2016-11-7
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
United States

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-8 05:52
This is inaccurate.

- The companies can have their own rules (in example recently certain companie ...

I have a very simple question: When you go to an airport, who scans your luggage in the xray and pats you down for guns, etc? Is it the Alitalia/British Airways representative? Or is it the local government/air agency?

Exactly. AeroMexico is not the one scanning the luggage and telling people to put their batteries in this giant freaking tub (I kid you not, this was a giant 50 gallon tub half full of regular batteries, not even Lithium ones). It is the local air authority.

In my case, I was flying out on American Airlines from Cozumel, yet I still had to deal with the BS Mexican airport staff to comply with THEIR local laws. I negotiated with them and basically gave them some brand new Duracell batteries still in their original package and in exchange they let me keep my expensive Eneloop batteries which were in a protective organizer.   
2016-11-7
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-11-7 23:43
I have a very simple question: When you go to an airport, who scans your luggage in the xray and p ...

Exactly.. for this reason you are NOT allowed to put the batteries inside the checked-in luggage (it doesn't depend by the company, you should not put there, point): your checked-in luggage is scanned as well, and if they found a battery (it doesn't matter if it's a drone battery or even a power bank for your mobile), the security will call you, and they will ask to remove it from the checked-in baggage.

You are allowed to take the batteries in your hand luggage (with certain limitation, especially if it's not a Li-On battery), but the company can put additional restrictions. In example the Note 7 case: they didn't check every single bag looking for it.. but if it's found they have the right to not allow you aboard and eventually the company can blacklist you from future flights with them.

What you experienced is about "borderline" police.. it happens in every "exotic" (I don't find a better word) Country around the world: I have seen stuff confiscated for no reason, and you can't do much about it: you are in a foreign country, with so-so law.. it's better to pass it on and leave your batteries there, instead of raise a case that may not end good. They just want your stuff, and they will tell you you can't carry it aboard.. They are smart enough to not ask for expensive hardware (because they know you won't leave thousands dollars there!) .. but they often collect "free" gadgets, telling you it's not allowed aboard (that is plain false).
2016-11-7
Use props
Thomusvoo
lvl.2

United States

this is great info. thanks!
2016-11-7
Use props
lightsout
lvl.2
United States

Ebay has these Lipo bags 2 for $9.99 I bought 4 of them even with the battery in the bag the bag and battery fit in the side pouches of the DJI bag. Perfect fit like that gag was made for this. I might just keep them in the bag all the time

[/URL][/img]
2016-11-7
Use props
yodaz87
New

Brazil

Do you have a link to where I can get those Lipo bags?
2016-11-15
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.2

Australia

+1 on the link.

I took my Mavic on 3 flights in 3 days going international and had no dramas taking it on as carry on. To be honest I was more concerned about the rotor blades being confiscated than batteries as they are pretty sharp and could possibly be used as a weapon.
2016-11-15
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-6 19:35
The rule is simple: you must have the batteries with you aboard (with your hand luggage in the cabin ...

Thanks, What's mean in the cabin? Use put dji mavic bag?
2016-11-27
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lightsout Posted at 2016-11-8 01:32
Ebay has these Lipo bags 2 for $9.99 I bought 4 of them even with the battery in the bag the bag and ...

Lipo bags x 2 (2 x batterys) put in DJI mavic bag?
2016-11-27
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I said this meassge Please Yes or No

1. Not full charged batteries? Y/N
2. 2 x batterys put Lipo bags Safe bag in Mavic Bag Y/N

Thanks
2016-11-27
Use props
Bpup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
Norway

yodaz87 Posted at 2016-11-15 15:31
Do you have a link to where I can get those Lipo bags?

Found them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-LiP ... :g:Xe4AAOSwvzRXzj8V

But they are low on stock :p Just bought some myself
2016-11-28
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

They seem to be all over if you search for "LiPo Bag 125x64x50"  I just picked up a 2-pack for a couple bucks cheaper.
2016-11-28
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Found the following for those with Amazon prime.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... ges00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Says they should be back in stock Dec 5th
2016-12-1
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

over the US Thanksgiving holiday I fly out of Atlanta into NYC with my Mavic. Leaving Atlanta I took my Mavic out and put it in a bin by itself just like you do for laptops. Zero problems... coming back leaving NYC same thing drone in bin by itself... They pulled the bin and asked if they could inspect it and do a wipe test (test for explosive). Took all of 30 - 45secs and I was on my way.  To people who do not know what the Mavic is folded up it does look odd, especially if on its belly.

I usually travel with a lot of tech so I don't mind and TSA has always been friendly and quick even during the really busy seasons. It's the people who make a fuse about being checked for 30-45 secs that make it bad for others. Just follow the rules, and be polite
2016-12-1
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello There?

What's mean in the cabin? Use put dji mavic bag?.

1. Not full charged batteries?
2. 2 x batterys put Lipo bags Safe bag in Mavic Bag?

Thanks
2016-12-6
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2016-12-6 15:08
Hello There?

I just traveled with my Mavic and the battery was full, no questions asked. Also i just had the Mavic in my backpack. no special bag was needed.
2016-12-6
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2016-12-6 15:08
Hello There?

In the cabin means Carry-on, do not put in your check in luggage.
2016-12-6
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

devGOD Posted at 2016-12-1 13:10
over the US Thanksgiving holiday I fly out of Atlanta into NYC with my Mavic. Leaving Atlanta I took my Mavic out and put it in a bin by itself just like you do for laptops. Zero problems... coming back leaving NYC same thing drone in bin by itself... They pulled the bin and asked if they could inspect it and do a wipe test (test for explosive). Took all of 30 - 45secs and I was on my way.  To people who do not know what the Mavic is folded up it does look odd, especially if on its belly.

I usually travel with a lot of tech so I don't mind and TSA has always been friendly and quick even during the really busy seasons. It's the people who make a fuse about being checked for 30-45 secs that make it bad for others. Just follow the rules, and be polite

I traveled from Orange County CA to San Francisco and back this past weekend and left my Mavic in my Backpack and had no questions either way.
2016-12-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-11-28 16:28
They seem to be all over if you search for "LiPo Bag 125x64x50"  I just picked up a 2-pack for a couple bucks cheaper.

is there any specific certification that these need to meet (display) in order to be considered adequate protection?
2016-12-6
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Bpup Posted at 2016-11-28 07:53
Found them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-LiPo-Battery-Fireproof-Safety-Guard-Protection-Bag-125x64x50-Charging-Sack-/122146467902?hash=item1c707f303e:g:Xe4AAOSwvzRXzj8V

I just bought 3 on eBay for $8.76 from Hong Kong. They are usually faster shipping than from China direct.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LiPo-Bat ... 26sd%3D272420290240
2016-12-6
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2016-12-6 23:08
Hello There?

In the cabin means your take on luggage - carry on luggage - take the mavic in the bag with the batteries and kit on to the plane with you.

1 - Make sure the batteries are discharged, so max of 50% (i'd stick to 30% charge)
2 - to be super safe, use those lipo bags, but i dont think its a definite requirement
2016-12-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

lightsout Posted at 2016-11-7 19:32
Ebay has these Lipo bags 2 for $9.99 I bought 4 of them even with the battery in the bag the bag and battery fit in the side pouches of the DJI bag. Perfect fit like that gag was made for this. I might just keep them in the bag all the time

[view_image][/URL][/img]

Thanks for the lead on these....I just ordered 8 on eBay for $16.10 (excepted best offer) from this seller:

8 PCS RC LiPo Battery Fireproof Safety Guard Protection Bag 125x64x50 Charging

2016-12-6
Use props
fansb5c52876
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344738 ft
United States

I just came back traveling from US to 6 countries in Asia with a P4 with 3 batteries, and another 8 batteries for my gimbal and DSLR. No issues at all....Had to explain what was in the box, thats about it.
2016-12-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

Here is the policy from United airlines on batteries:

Batteries
AA-9V, AAA, C, D alkaline, carbon zinc, silver oxide and nickel metal hydride batteries are allowed in checked and carry-on baggage as long as they are packed to prevent short circuiting.

Lithium batteries

Personal devices (except for e-cigarettes and personal vaporizers) installed with a lithium battery of less than 100 watt hours are permitted in carry-on and checked baggage. Loose lithium batteries are not permitted in checked baggage on any United flight. Each spare lithium battery in carry-on baggage must be individually protected to prevent short circuits. To do this, you can place each battery in original retail packaging, place each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective pouch, or insulate the batteries by taping over exposed terminals. Spare batteries must not come in contact with metal objects, such as coins, keys or jewelry, and you should take steps to prevent crushing, puncturing, or putting pressure on the battery.

In most cases, up to two larger lithium batteries (more than 100 watt hours, but not exceeding 160 watt hours) are permitted in carry-on baggage if the terminals are properly covered or insulated. If you are traveling with a battery-operated mobility device, please see our Special Travel Needs section.

If carry-on baggage is checked at the gate, any spare lithium batteries must be removed.

For the most updated information regarding lithium batteries, visit SafeTravel.dot.gov and the FAA's website.

2016-12-6
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-6 23:25
I just traveled with my Mavic and the battery was full, no questions asked. Also i just had the Mavic in my backpack. no special bag was needed.

Thanks FrequentFlyer! I will get 3 x batterys in my backpack or mavic bag.
2016-12-7
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-7 01:39
In the cabin means your take on luggage - carry on luggage - take the mavic in the bag with the batteries and kit on to the plane with you.

1 - Make sure the batteries are discharged, so max of 50% (i'd stick to 30% charge)

Great! Thanks for info!

1 - Make sure the batteries are discharged, so max of 50%
Discharged Means down battery? (LED4 to LED2)

2 - to be super safe, use those lipo bags, but i dont think its a definite requirement
I get 3 x lipo bags, think i buy mavic bag, for full 3 x batterys.
2016-12-7
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

These precautions are nice to do and cannot hurt. As you say they are not actually required though .  

IATA who regulate the transport of dangerous goods by air certainly do not require it, nor do the airlines. No doubt there will be an airline somewhere that is an exception.

DJI have done a pretty good job of the design in that battery terminals are protected from short circuit and the power button cannot be turned on inadvertently.
The latter is my only concern point of concern. Highly unlikley but a poorly packed Mavic, battery fitted, with something jammed up gainst the power button could in theory have the button pressed twice in succession in a manner in which it could power it on. Inadvertent power up of the drone whilst packed in an aircraft locker would definateley not be good. So if being ultra cautious, removing the battery from the aircraft, is IMO the the best common sense risk mitigator. But I still think this is infinitesimally unlikely.
2016-12-7
Use props
fans3f0de419
New

United Kingdom

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2016-12-7 16:48
Great! Thanks for info!

What was your experience taking he mavic to India? Did you have any issues with customs or while coming back ?
2017-5-22
Use props
filipepro
New
Flight distance : 32208 ft
Portugal

Hello,
How about bringing a new MAVIC, on a yet sealed original box (not the fly more combo), from UK to Europe? Can I bring it sealed? Will, in the airport, make me open in?

Thanks
2017-6-28
Use props
fansb51179b4
New
Honduras

Hello I am thinking on taking my mavic on my trip. I want to send my mavic in the luggage and my batteries in the carry on . what do you think?
2017-7-19
Use props
networth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
India

I made a detailed on this topic, may be it can help someone.

2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules