Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens Decentering - Blurry on Right Side
917 5 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans32b16fbc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3166 ft
Canada

Hello,

I had my first flight recently and noticed that on the right side of the frame, the edge is not as sharp as the rest of the frame.  I have gone through all of the necessary calibrations before my first flight and I did tap to focus before i began filming.  Am I missing something?  

Here is some footage from the flight:

https://youtu.be/jpCwR1Dejrw

I hope I have missed some calibration, but it seems the lens may be decentered, which is a mechanical error that I cannot fix myself.

Other than this, the device is amazing!

Alex
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please upload the original video to dropbox and provide us the link for further evaluation, please do not edit it.
If you have the photos shows the same case, please upload some photos as well, thanks.
2016-11-7
Use props
fans32b16fbc
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-7 22:55
Would you please upload the original video to dropbox and provide us the link for further evaluation ...

I am preparing an RMA after speaking with customer service.  I will post raw footage to dropbox and share, if you still want.  The blurriness is pretty clear on the Youtube video at 1:18 and 1:40, for example.

here is my Case No.: CAS-314062-Z0Q9Z2
2016-11-8
Use props
fans32b16fbc
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-7 22:55
Would you please upload the original video to dropbox and provide us the link for further evaluation ...

Also, can you answer whether tapping to focus on the left of centre would create slight blurring on the right side?

this person experienced a similar issue, but said when he tried again without tapping to focus, the entire frame was evenly sharp.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-67734-1-1.html

2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans32b16fbc Posted at 2016-11-8 23:12
I am preparing an RMA after speaking with customer service.  I will post raw footage to dropbox an ...

After receiving your aircraft, our engineers will evaluate it firstly then help you deal with it properly. Thanks for your support, and no need to upload the footage here now.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans32b16fbc Posted at 2016-11-9 05:06
Also, can you answer whether tapping to focus on the left of centre would create slight blurring o ...

We'll check that thread and follow up you there.
2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules