Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Upgrade Failure
3817 17 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blakehouse
New

United Kingdom

Hello!

I've just purchased a Ronin, have balanced it and tethered it to my computer. I have then tried to upgrade the firmware, which I did apparently successfully.

I turned the power on and off, as instructed.

Now the Ronin does not work, the bluetooth is inaccessible and the IMU firmware is listed as 0.0. If I try and upgrade the IMU again, it fails.

Is there way to resolve this? I have searched and searched and searched and not found anything similar to this.

Thanks.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, this is a classic Ronin, correct? Are all other components up to date as well?
2016-11-7
Use props
blakehouse
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-7 23:08
Just to clarify, this is a classic Ronin, correct? Are all other components up to date as well?

It's a brand new Ronin classic yes. The GCU upgrade went through okay and it's now at 1.3. The battery has not required an update.

I've attached a screenshot of the upgrade page:
2016-11-7
Use props
4pmmedia
New
United States

We had this same issue. Did you ever find a solution this this problem?
2017-1-3
Use props
eraizgn_Ronin
lvl.1

Turkey

Like me: http://forum.dji.com/thread-79258-1-1.html
could you fix it up @4pmmedia & @blakehouse
2017-1-7
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

Did you ever manage to fix this?
2017-6-17
Use props
Nekosaka
New

France

same problem with my Ronin M, Ronin work but not bluetooth...
2017-6-18
Use props
Feste Films
lvl.1

Belize

exact same problem here with Ronin M. Brand new , bought from B&H. IMU showing 0.0 and wont upgrade. no bluetooth connection either. really want some sort idea of what to do and DJI are not saying anything
2017-6-18
Use props
Kitsilano H.S.
New
Canada

I am also stuck with a Ronin that has 0.0 firmware after downloading every assistant available. The bluetooth will not connect to the phone app either!
2017-10-17
Use props
Kitsilano H.S.
New
Canada

Nothing is turning on with the Ronin (Battery is on and in place and green light is on) and if I had a simple step by step installation of the factory original firmware ( I still don't know how a firmware gets to 0.0) we could actually use this device that the students and parents fundraised for.
2017-10-17
Use props
ns15
New
Flight distance : 89980 ft
New Zealand

I am also having major issues with my Ronin MX not being able to update the IMU from 0.0 and no bluetooth communication, DJI assistant not picking it up at all. The Gimbal software on my Mac does receive communication but the IMU upgrade fails every time and asks for a power cycle. Did anyone manage to find a solution? DJI why have you not sorted this or even given a response
2017-11-11
Use props
NNMDJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 874875 ft
  • >>>
Costa Rica

I HAVE A RONIN WITH THE SAME PROBLEM, I CAN NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE, THE REMOTE CONTROL SUDDENLY TURN OFF IT DOESN'T WORKS. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF IMPORTANT PROJECT I NEED HELP HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUES QUICKLY.

2017-11-25
Use props
Relativemotionmedia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

NNMDJ Posted at 2017-11-25 17:30
I HAVE A RONIN WITH THE SAME PROBLEM, I CAN NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE, THE REMOTE CONTROL SUDDENLY TURN OFF IT DOESN'T WORKS. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF IMPORTANT PROJECT I NEED HELP HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUES QUICKLY.

Having the same problem, fixed yours yet?
2018-3-21
Use props
EARPO
lvl.1
United States

I'm having this same problem! Has anyone had any luck with a fix?
2018-4-22
Use props
blakehouse
New

United Kingdom

Hello!

We did manage to get this fixed, but only by arranging, through the seller, to send the Ronin to Germany DJI repair centre to get fixed. It now works fine, but I'm totally paranoid about upgrading the firmware again.

I think the solution to this is probably very easy, but is only offered in a repair centre.

Good luck all!
2018-4-25
Use props
diegoureva85208
lvl.1

Costa Rica

hello i have the same problem there has to be a solution, i think maybe whit a factory reset. the IMU is 0.0 and i cant upgrate it is always failure. i dont know what else to do
2018-5-2
Use props
diegoureva85208
lvl.1

Costa Rica

hello i have the same problem there has to be a solution, i think maybe whit a factory reset. the IMU is 0.0 and i cant upgrate it is always failure. i dont know what else to do
2018-5-2
Use props
diegoureva85208
lvl.1

Costa Rica

2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules