9089 172 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems many believe there is a huge problem with the Mavic, but I personally believe it's a small percentage of the Mavic owners having problems. So maybe we can find out.

If you have the Mavic and have NO problems, could you please post here and let everyone know? Heck, give us a positive review of the Mavic.. what do you like about it?
2016-11-8
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

Congrats. Who cares? Why not have a thread saying "post here if your Samsung phone didn't explode!" It doesn't mean there isn't a problem. What a retarded thread.
2016-11-30
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine has been working perfectly from day one. 12+ flights so far and no problems. Of course I read the manual and follow the instructions...

I have noticed many do not
2016-11-8
Use props
ChuckNBlades
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85489 ft
United States

19 short flights and about an hour of stick time with no issues. Weather has been crap, so short flights close to home.  I am getting a bit paranoid and so will continue my testing and training in more open spaces.  
My first flights were done with just a compass calibration before each flight.  After I learned about IMU calibration, I did that once too.  
2016-11-8
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

JakeS Posted at 2016-11-8 08:50
Mine has been working perfectly from day one. 12+ flights so far and no problems. Of course I read t ...

Hey jake, did you do an IMU calibration or a stick calibration or just the compas and go fly. Just wondering
2016-11-8
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

In the Samsung owners forums you could of had the thread 'Post here if your Galaxy Note 7 hasn't blown up'.

Doesn't negate the fact that people are having problems that definitely aren't user error. Despite the clear desperation of many elitist snobs round here that wish it were.
2016-11-8
Use props
Andy101
lvl.2

My Mavic survives first( and second ) fly so far

2016-11-8
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-8 09:15
In the Samsung owners forums you could of had the thread 'Post here if your Galaxy Note 7 hasn't blo ...

I never said there weren't any problems. My point is, I believe the ones having issues are a very small percentage.
It's also unfair to compare this to the Note 7 situation. Do you personally know how widespread the issue is with the Mavic? If so back up your claims with evidence. Until then, this is nothing like Note 7, and no recall is needed. People come to forums for troubleshooting and to post about issues. Folks who have no problems are typically not on the forums and out flying, so this gives the impression to forum users that the product is plagued with problems.
2016-11-8
Use props
fans227as72
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562769 ft
Poland

For those who has no problem above, can you tell whether you have played with the active tracking/follow me/selfie feature or just normal flight?
2016-11-8
Use props
Thomusvoo
lvl.2

United States

i got about 30 or so flights. had it for about 2 weeks or so. flown it over water, over hills and more.scariest flight was at the beach with around 10 mph winds, the mavic stood its ground.
i think max distance ive gone was probablly half a mile. maybe more. ive totally lost sight of it but the remote still had full reception.
video works fine, crisp and sharp images.
all the tracking and whatever features work great.
RTH works perfectly, usually 6-12 inches off.

why does it work so well? because i read the manual and watched the tutorials.

2016-11-8
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

I have about 20 flights on it now with my longest distance run over 2.5 miles over the ocean in 20-25 mph winds, all works great !  still learning things like needing to do gimabal calibreation every few flights.
Active track is one of the features i played with and works GREAT I tried gesture mode and it works but it's kinda a joke in my opinion.

I will play with more features over time, i'm kinda of a distance junkie so i have been making many flight around 2.5 miles and a ton around 1 mile with ZERO issues
2016-11-8
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I like this thread
2016-11-8
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>

Everything has been great here.
2016-11-8
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-8 10:15
In the Samsung owners forums you could of had the thread 'Post here if your Galaxy Note 7 hasn't blo ...

I second that !
2016-11-8
Use props
Michael Angelo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821913 ft
United States

No problems here either. I've tried almost every intelligent flight mode there is, some a little, others more. I'm actually looking for problems but I have yet to find anything to be concerned about. In fact this thing is a beast. Best drone I've ever flown. I also own a Phantom 4 and sold my Phantom 3 Professional to purchase the P4 so I'm very familiar with DJI's offerings, software but I've never had to deal with CS. I also read the manual a few times. I've not tried to fly it further than 1 mile thus far, however, but that distance suits me. I've also flown it harder in sports mode then I've ever flown my Phantoms. Simply put, I love mine. Well worth the short wait and the money.
2016-11-8
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909 ft

So far so Good ! Great drone ever
2016-11-8
Use props
fans676e19e6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50840 ft

People go online to complain about problems more than praise them so it's nice to see a thread like this one to get a feel for the opposite.
2016-11-8
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

You might want to create a poll to better account for users with non-problematic drones. It will be hard to tally with a discussion thread.
2016-11-8
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

There are people that could have posted here about 10 flights without issues and next day... 11th flight... bam...  Let's see how this turns out.
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks guys nice to here from the other side...
2016-11-8
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-8 11:38
You might want to create a poll to better account for users with non-problematic drones. It will be  ...

Thats exactly what I didn't want to do. I just want to read their responses in their own words. Polls here tend to be a little misleading based on what I've seen in another thread
2016-11-8
Use props
themosttoys
lvl.1

United States

Working like a champ so far.  The biggest concern is that when it's warmed up (ex back to back batteries), the IMU can take a LONG time (like three to five minutes) to warm up.  Strange thing about this IMU issue is that it's not consistent (sometimes it's instant even when warm).  The only other observation has been that GPS lock has not been as stable as Phantom (I've seen it drop in and out) and in low light the OA and VPS sensors are unreliable (OA keeps throwing warnings and taking over.  In normal light levels, this is not a problem, so I disable in low light.  Those are nits and not real problems (just me getting used to the new platform).
2016-11-8
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Mir Posted at 2016-11-8 15:03
Thats exactly what I didn't want to do. I just want to read their responses in their own words. Po ...

So you are intending this thread to be where people only report positive experiences but you don't intend to track them.

Your initial post "It seems many believe there is a huge problem with the Mavic, but I personally believe it's a small percentage of the Mavic owners having problems. So maybe we can find out."

I thought you were trying to identify and track in comparison to the problematic units being reported. I misunderstood.
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

themosttoys Posted at 2016-11-8 20:17
Working like a champ so far.  The biggest concern is that when it's warmed up (ex back to back batte ...

Length of time for IMU depends on where it was last calibrated , if you want it to warm up quicker leave it in a cold room for 20 minutes. Minus the battery make sure it cold, then do an IMU calibration and you will find it warms up much quicker.
2016-11-8
Use props
OzTechGeek
lvl.2

Australia

3hours 10min fight time from 19 flights and over 21km's traveled. Working perfect 1 compass calibration out of box nothing else and on Android phone. Haven't got active track to work yet but have not given the time to confirm I am setting it up correctly.

Happy Flying
2016-11-8
Use props
copilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

Good thread makes me feel like I'm not entirely wasting money
2016-11-8
Use props
0sarc0
lvl.2

Australia

So far no issues with mine. I've had it up in 40kmh winds and it worked brilliantly. Very happy I didn't cancel the order.
2016-11-8
Use props
Marsson
lvl.1

New Zealand

It's a good topic for us who are waiting in line to see things can go right. but is another statistical nonsense as most people will only use the forum if they DO HAVE AN ISSUE. Most of the people who got a mavic won't even know or care there is a dji forum unless something go wrong. That is why you will always see MUCH more problems on forums than complements. Just imagine 2637482 threads written: Works as expected.
just my 5 cents...
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marsson Posted at 2016-11-9 05:02
It's a good topic for us who are waiting in line to see things can go right. but is another statisti ...

100% true, very few post their positive experience, by nearly everyone will post the negatives.
And from all the negative ones, a huger percentage of those issues could have been easily avoided if only the full manual was read. You would not believe the amount of crashed aircraft that comes in and it was 100% avoidable.
Now with the Mavic, it is so popular that is has brought out new users who have never had a drone before.
Personally, if I was new to drones there's no way I would make my first flight on a $1,000 aircraft. I would learn and practice until I was confident on a $50 Syma or similar.
2016-11-8
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

BEST THREAD EVER

2016-11-8
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7418 ft
United Kingdom

I am extremely pleased to finally see some positive posts on the Mavic, as I will be buying one eventually.

However I do not like to read the caveats added by some that they "have read the manual", implying that everyone else did not or are not capable of flying a drone. I have watched quite a few videos now where people have zero control over the drone, and some where it happens after many many good flights, so don't tempt your bad luck by this unnecessary sense of superiority. Just be thankful that you have a working drone.
As a future buyer I want to read far more about positive flights before I buy in the Mavic lottery. As I don't believe the difference between the issues and non issues is simply "reading the manual".

Thanks for posting your positive comments.
2016-11-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My mavic has been flying great, the only problem I've had is I received a faulty lightning cable which caused the go app to disconnect mid-flight, other than that it's been great.
2016-11-8
Use props
fansd8b48c38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13852129 ft
  • >>>

2nd day, burned off four batteries so far: I couldn't be more pleased. I have a P2V+, Inspire 1, P4 and now this Mav. The Mav is tight as a drum, responsive, quick and easy. This is my Porsche. The Inspire 1 is a Cadillac and the P4 is Jetta. All good but this is the first one that I'm flying comfortably right out of the box.

(One hitch I noticed is that when facing toward the sun, in GPS mode, I have got a few instances of false obstacle indication and brakes. Both with and without the gimbal dome. No sweat though; I switched to 'sport' and turned around and came home. No bother to me but I suppose I should alert DJI tech about this.)

Sorry for all those nay-sayers out there, but I'm having a blast.
2016-11-8
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Over 2 hours flight time form 34 flights. A single compass align out of the box and that is all. Been flying it on both sides of the continent and no special requirement when I move it 2,500km. Just turn it on and wait for everything to come online and good to go.  Have tried most of the modes and everything works really well.  Android app on S7 edge. Have flown it without the app using the remote alone which was straight forward.

Just walked in the door now after putting three batteries through it in one hit. Little over an hours flight time and 8 miles flying in various modes.  Beautiful sunrise over Perth from a couple of hundred feet up. Waypoint mode worked great as I plotted a route around my location and had it re fly it. RTH was consistently landing it on a discoloured 2 foot square of grass.  Sports mode was a bunch of fun. Wow it is fast . I suspect I have a minor units issue there though, as in calm conditions mine is happily saying it is doing 59 - 61 mph!!  It is not supposed to go that fast but who's complaining!   The whole thing is so well designed and thought out. Even down to having the ability to turn the RED nav lights on and off on the fly. They make it much easier to see the machine at dawn or dusk and good for visual orientation. But then you can toggle them off when you dont want to be so intrusive.  It is just a hoot to fly.

2016-11-8
Use props
Matt05x
lvl.1

Australia

Mine is all good so far. Did a couple of 'return to home ' landings without any issues. Only things I did before flying was compass & controller calibration.
Noticed it gives me an interference warning when I take off near my house, but flight has been very accurate & without issue. Please note that I'm not saying there are no issues with others Mavics & I have to admit to high stress levels on first few flights after all the things I read. Definitely happy so far.
2016-11-8
Use props
Gringo
lvl.1
United States

I have about a dozen flights on mine and have had no problems.  I have done two compass calibrations when asked to by the app.  Other than that I have not messed with the IMU, gimbal, or controller calibrations.  It is my first quad and I read as much as I could while I waited for it to arrive.  I am not a professional photographer but I think the video is amazing.  I can't believe how steady the camera is, even in winds I would probably not have flown my rc planes in.

Edit:  I am using IOS on an iPad Mini 2.

2016-11-8
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Is it possible for all the lucky ones who have been flying their Mavic without incidence let us know what operating system your are using. Android or Iso. I think that would be good to know.
2016-11-8
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 16:09
100% true, very few post their positive experience, by nearly everyone will post the negatives.
An ...

Bingo!... and I have been cycling through the 6 batteries on mine frequently for just that reason.  I finally had an LOS and "crash" tonight because I out-flew its 150-200 foot range.  I recovered it from the roof and continued flying... learning is fun.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to LEARN without being worried about the loss of money.  Let's face it, $50-$60 is nothing compared to the $1200-$1400 we will have wrapped up in the Mavic by the time we purchase it, extra batteries, props, case, memory cards, etc.

All that said, I want to say "Thanks" to the OP on this thread.  I'd be interested in a poll as well, but it truly nice to read some positive comments associated with the Mavic.  I've stayed fairly well up-to-date on all the issues and asked questions and been vocal on a few things, but it's nice to know that there is hope for when my Mavic finally arrives.

FYI, my reason for waiting and purchasing the Mavic as my first "real drone" is the portability and tech it has.  I've loved the video from drones for a long time and have enjoyed flying various "toys", but the Mavic wrapped everything in a package that I could actually take along without it being a chore.  As a former pro-photographer, I'm all to aware of the work it takes to lug around "real" camera gear and it finally ruined my enjoyment of photography.  Now, I'm down to my iPhone, a Canon point & shoot and a Canon superzoom that all fit nicely in my backpack... with plenty of room left for the Mavic.
2016-11-8
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-9 09:22
Is it possible for all the lucky ones who have been flying their Mavic without incidence let us know ...

Android and also no OS (just the remote) both work perfectly for me.  I am sure others in this thread are using IOS, so it is a non issue
2016-11-8
Use props
themosttoys
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-9 04:23
Length of time for IMU depends on where it was last calibrated , if you want it to warm up quicker ...

IMU calibrated at the factory.  I do not calibrate IMU unless the app requests it.  The strange part is the inconsistency in how long it sometimes takes.
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

themosttoys Posted at 2016-11-9 00:12
IMU calibrated at the factory.  I do not calibrate IMU unless the app requests it.  The strange pa ...

You mentioned it takes a long time to warm up, I just suggested a way to stop this from happening, if your aircraft was not  hovering straight or loosing height or not turning off when you land holding stick for 3 seconds, would you wait or would you check your IMU in the app, pilots need to learn these things, and not be depending on computer to tell you everything. People should know what IMU does and why it needs to be right for your aircraft to operate properly.
2016-11-8
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules