Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Pro Firmware v01.02.0900 ( 9th November 2016 )
12Next >
19929 54 2016-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a place for people to discuss the new firmware. Post your issues, comments, experience and the like to help others here..
I updated earlier and initial indoor flight was good ( raining ).
------------------------------------

DJI have released a new firmware for the mavic to resolve some issues people have been experiencing.

What's New

1: Optimized Remote Controller Calibration
2: Adjusted default gimbal pitch smoothing value from 10 to 15 for smoother movement.
3: Increased USB connection stability.
4: Adjusted camera color.
5: Fixed occasional remote control command timeout.
6: Fixed occasional unresponsiveness to remote controller commands.
7: Deleted support for using C1 or C2 button to launch the DJI GO app on iOS.

Notes:
Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO, and retry.
If you do the update via the Assistant, remember to do the RC aswell ( this firmware includes an RC update )

To update the firmware, follow the video guide form DJI

To update  with the Assistant 2, watch this video from DJI

2016-11-9
Use props
JFXMedia
lvl.3

United States

SWEET! I'll try on my lunch break.
2016-11-9
Use props
Zatx
First Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

7: Deleted support for using C1 or C2 button to launch the DJI GO app on iOS.

Sounds like the have identified the suspected culprit(s) for causing the Mavic to go unresponsive! Or this could be the "shotgun" approach to attempt a fix by addressing anything that could be causing it. Either way, let's closely monitor for new cases of the "spiral of death" and other attempted fly-off's
2016-11-9
Use props
gludy6
New
United Kingdom

Zatx Posted at 2016-11-9 14:24

My attempt to upgrade fails every time.
I have full batteries but it simply fails.....anyone else having problems?
2016-11-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for alerting us
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

gludy6 Posted at 2016-11-9 23:49
My attempt to upgrade fails every time.
I have full batteries but it simply fails.....anyone else  ...

I'm sorry you are having difficulties.
Have you attempted with both the app and Assistant2 ?
2016-11-9
Use props
Barney2k
Second Officer
United Kingdom

There's a good written guide here to update the firmware on the Mavic which can be useful.
2016-11-9
Use props
Axiom
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks DJI. Updated without a problem. I'll be going out in a bit to test and see if the disconnect fix works as I was having those issues.

On a side note:
You know what this firmware didn't bring to the table? My additional batteries which are still pending
2016-11-9
Use props
Enkeixpress
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Those three fixes are much needed. I occasionally had that control timeout message pop up when flying the Phantom 4 a few times, so that's good that's been taken care of for the Mavic. And unresponsive commands from the RC to the drone is something you really don't want to happen while in flight. Hopefully that optimization fix for the remote will sort out any problems the Mavic had with staying still in the air, and not moving around by itself.
2016-11-9
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.4
United States

Axiom Posted at 2016-11-9 10:30
Thanks DJI. Updated without a problem. I'll be going out in a bit to test and see if the disconnect  ...

Did it fix the problem? Post here and let us know....cheers
2016-11-9
Use props
s.manchester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127188 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-11-10 03:00

I posted this in a separate thread but though I'd put it up here too...

It would appear that the latest firmware update impacts the connection of the lower USB port.

I usually complete the updates via this port and an iPad rather than the side port in the handle. During this particular update the update hung at the 99% mark in the status bar and gave the message that the app had lost connection with the controller. I restarted the controller and Mavic and still "not connected". I put the iPhone in the holder - it connected and then prompted with "Update Complete".  However, still no connection via the alternate USB port on the bottom of the controller. I have restarted both devices, the app, swapped USB cables and tried three different IOS devices. So it appears as the DJI Go App completes the installation of the new firmware the connection is lost.
2016-11-9
Use props
Crusader 901
lvl.1

Barney2k Posted at 2016-11-10 00:44
There's a good written guide here to update the firmware on the Mavic which can be useful.

Hi thanks for the tip!

But one thing's not quite clear to me, maby you or someone can shed some light on the tutorials last frases,

"Finally, please insert any other Mavic batteries you intend to use with your Mavic Pro and repeat the process for each battery. This is to ensure that the firmware is consistent across all batteries, aircraft and controllers to prevent any operation issues"

Does this really mean i'll have to do the Mavic steps 1-5 three times if i have three barreries, or am i missing a "process"?
Won't it detect the updated firmware after the first time / Batterie update, or does the dji go app have an option to select update batterie (next one) only?

2016-11-9
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>

s.manchester Posted at 2016-11-10 03:01

It would appear that the  ...

Ken Or ED have you guys seen this problem?

I have the same issue

Jack
2016-11-9
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183537 ft

Hi ! One of our Forum members also has trouble with the lower USB port...

Nils
2016-11-9
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.1
United States

I just got mine today, waiting for batteries to charge, but I was planning on using an Ipad mini, so now I think I should not update firmware until this is fixed, Will the app require me to upgrade when I first turn it on or can I ignore the firmware upgrade  message??
2016-11-9
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.3
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd like to get some feedback with this firmware, hopefully it fixes all the issues so i can do some nice lake shots without worrying the bird is going into the water.
2016-11-9
Use props
hEG77bn7lz6a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200075 ft

Hi All

Has anyone seen a video on calibrating the remote controller? I keep trying but it always times out after a few minutes, even though I have moved the controller sticks 100 % in all directions and made the borders into solid lines. Im sure Im doing something wrong, just not sure what.

Thanks
2016-11-9
Use props
cluc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

CaptainET Posted at 2016-11-10 07:43
I just got mine today, waiting for batteries to charge, but I was planning on using an Ipad mini, so ...

just ignore it and see what happens, would like to know what happens.
2016-11-9
Use props
Axiom
lvl.1

Canada

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-11-9 14:00

Definitely fixed the lost signal issue. Flight was much smoother.

But I have a weird Battery Error persisting. Weird because the battery error shows up even when the mavic is powered off.  I'm on Android.  I have a total of 14 Battery Errors and all were after the craft powered down.  Previously these errors were showing up in my flight log while flying.
2016-11-9
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

For those having bottom USB cable connection problem, do you unplug the side USB cable? I read from rcgroup forum that might be the cause of the problem.
2016-11-9
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.1
United States

JUst got mine and ignored the update messages. I love the ipad mini set up and it works with bottom usb cable. I hope dji comes up with a firmware that corrects this or someone finds a way to upgrade and not disable the bottom usb port for the ipad mini. yes, I did unplug the side cable. For now I'm just going to ignore firmware update till I do more flights.(just hope I don't have a crash that could have been prevented by updating.
2016-11-9
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

Crusader 901 Posted at 2016-11-10 03:19
Hi thanks for the tip!

But one thing's not quite clear to me, maby you or someone can shed some l ...

I'd like to know more about this too!.
What do we do to make sure the other batteries firmware are updated!?

Thanks!
2016-11-9
Use props
JakeS
First Officer
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

My understanding from another forum is you can no longer have something plugged in to both usb ports at the same time. if you plan to use the bottom usb port you must unplug the side port
2016-11-9
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

The firmware also optimized "Precision Landing". It works like a champ now.
2016-11-9
Use props
fansb9e72190
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15223 ft

s.manchester Posted at 2016-11-10 03:01

I'm not sure if my post will help you or not but try to downgrade to previous firmware first if you still have a problem, then use my method to upgrade MAVIC and remote controller same time.
Just prepare your MAVIC ready to fly as normally you do (controller "ON", MAVIC "ON" and launch Go app) and when you see red message for update on GO app screen hit "Update Now" then follow the instructions ( "Download update"--"Start update"--"Complete"). No hard wired to MAVIC I just connected my iPad mini to controller using bottom USB like attached picture. It tool about 15 min to complete in my case.
I did this accidentally but it worked. They are both version 01.02.0900 now. I'm using iPAD mini 4 (iOS 10.2). I haven't flown out side yet but flight simulator works fine and no error message so far.

Firmware update

Firmware update
2016-11-9
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136900 ft
Malaysia

Updated with no issues. Will try fly today, if not tomorrow to test.
2016-11-9
Use props
JakeS
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just tried it with my ipad mini 2 plugged into the lower usb port (nothing plugged into the side) and it worked perfectly. I updated without downgrading or anything like that. I did use the side port to update but I fly using the lower port.
2016-11-9
Use props
OzTechGeek
lvl.1

Australia

I just upgraded to this firmware and had the first issue in over 40 flights.( Using previous version)

Would apreciate one of the DJI support take a look at my first flight today 10th of Nov that I have synced. Just around the 13 min Mark I came out of Sports mode then desended to take a photo as I aligned the shot I noted a extreamly slow yaw to the right and then took a video of it, I then brought the Mavic back closer to me and was going to check the app for controller calibration to see if it was not showing centre stick it was then i noticed that the unit was in Atti with visual and whilst the GPS number still showed 16 only one Red bar was showing so none connected.. lifted it up to exceed the 10m and unit switched to Atti only switched back to Sports and back still no GPS lock so landed manually. Will be downgrading to previous firmware version till I have an answer.
2016-11-9
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

JakeS Posted at 2016-11-9 19:08
My understanding from another forum is you can no longer have something plugged in to both usb ports ...

Jake, just for my own clarification, if I was to use the IPad Mini for flying, would I need the side port normally for anything else at the same time?  In other words, is not having use of both USB ports at the same time a drawback of any kind?  Also, did you use the side port or the bottom port to do your firmware update?

My order arrives tomorrow so I can check these things out at that time for myself.  Thanks.
2016-11-9
Use props
JakeS
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2016-11-9 19:44
Jake, just for my own clarification, if I was to use the IPad Mini for flying, would I need the si ...

I used the side port to update the firmware and use the bottom port for my ipad. I haven't had any need for the side port at the same time as the bottom port. The only thing I can remotely think of would be to charge the controller while in use but unless you plan to burn through 5-6 batteries without taking a break then I'm not worried about it.

Cheers
2016-11-9
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

JakeS Posted at 2016-11-9 21:58
I used the side port to update the firmware and use the bottom port for my ipad. I haven't had any ...

Thanks Jake.
2016-11-9
Use props
JakeS
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sure thing!
2016-11-9
Use props
fans684c642d
lvl.1

United States

s.manchester Posted at 2016-11-9 11:01

I just did the update and experienced the same issue with the lower USB. Any ideas? Sorry, just saw the info about disconnecting the side port. Will try that next.
2016-11-10
Use props
DA5neRJlpKOZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>

fans684c642d Posted at 2016-11-10 22:38
I just did the update and experienced the same issue with the lower USB. Any ideas? Sorry, just saw ...

Apparently "3: Increased USB connection stability." means don't enable use of the lower port if a cable is connected to the upper one. And when I say "cable" I really mean just a cable, no mobile device.  

Some additional detail in the release notes would have prevented a lot of confusion.  At least some of the support staff don't know about this either.  They just about had me convinced to send in the remote before I accidentally stumbled upon the solution.

Larry
2016-11-10
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DA5neRJlpKOZ Posted at 2016-11-10 22:47
Apparently "3: Increased USB connection stability." means don't enable use of the lower port if a c ...

I upgraded the firmware via DJI GO App. It went smoothly without any issue.

After upgrade, I tried connecting my iPad Air to the bottom USB port but was not successful. After pulling out the short cable from the side USB port, the bottom USB port functioned normally. Connection via bottom USB port was maintained even after re-plugging the short cable to the side USB port.

Haven't flown it yet because it is 23:57 now in HK.

Henry
2016-11-10
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.1
United States

Did the firmware upgrade with galaxy s6 thru side port. after complete , re-boot everything then flew mavic with ipad mini using bottom port with no problems
2016-11-10
Use props
AusAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

Was unable to complete the upgrade through the app. iPhone 7, IOS 10.0.3. Kept disconnecting. Interestingly, just prior to attempting this, the app kept losing connection which it has never done before. Completed the updates for the Mavic & controller through Assistant 2. Reconnected & everything appeared stable.

Haven't flown with the new firmware yet.
2016-11-10
Use props
Mir
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Worked great here with a Galaxy Note 5. Two flights and zero issues
2016-11-10
Use props
GarlicBomb
lvl.1
South Africa

Mir Posted at 2016-11-11 04:54
Worked great here with a Galaxy Note 5. Two flights and zero issues

Dear DJI Community,

I have a question regarding my Mavic Pro's behaviour.

I updated to 01.02.0900 firmware this morning (11 NOV) and have had two flights so far due to bad weather and very windy conditions. I must say the drone handles the wind amazingly, and you can hear how the propellers fight to keep the drone stable.

I noticed however, when I yaw the drone from left to right and vice versa, the movement is slightly sticky. At first I thought perhaps it is just interference in the video feed from the drone to the camera, but the same stickiness also reflect on the recordings. The pitching of the camera (i.e. movement caused due to gimbal) and the motion of the drone is not as smooth as I expected. I am almost tempted to say the firmware upgrade has been a mistake, and now I can not downgrade either.

has anybody else noticed this effect. Also, is there a setting that may address this sort of behaviour in case my lack of knowledge might be the issue, and not the drone itself.

Thanks for any feedback

GB
2016-11-11
Use props
fans7c07030d
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi everyone, the Mavic is my first ever drone of any kind. Got this beast on the 1st of November and have been flying it pretty regularly (with 3 batteries) without any issues at all. Over the past 2 weeks I've been flying the Mavic all over New Zealand (high mountains, extremely strong winds, beaches, narrow spaces) and I haven't had any problems at all (I was quite worried initially especially as a first time drone user - about some of the faulty units some people were reporting about). My question is since things are running super smooth right now even in extreme conditions should I still update to the new firmware that was released? I've been pushing it back because I'm worried any new firmware updates (at least till there's consensus that the firmware works well) might start creating problems to the currently smoothly running machine. Thanks for any advice!

2016-11-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules