Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
osmo video is jerky
3746 15 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
firsttimeflyer
lvl.1

Hello all,

i just recently purchased a new dji osmo plus and i'm having some issues.  my first issue is that my gimbal will move all of a sudden when i'm not pressing anything to a different focal point, like a dog being distracted by a squirrel.  My other issue is when i first recorded in 1080 the video played back as if i pressed the record button on and off through the video.  i'm a complete amatuer but i wasn't doing anything fancy i was just pointing and shooting as if it were any other video camera.  Can anyone tell me if i'm doing anything wrong?  i did download all the latest firmware.

thanks in advance.

2016-11-11
Use props
fans703777d0
New

United States

Yeah, mine is too. The osmo mobile works better than the osmo+ I bought. Also, it breaks the connection with any other phone than my Note 5. Note 3 shuts off the wifi connection when I am trying to do something. No active track either. I have bought a lot of stuff from DJI and never have been disappointed..until now. Funny, I do not have a problem with autofocus. That works fine on mine. Anybody else have a wifi issue that is using more than one phone for monitoring. Not at the same time, I just want to use different phones.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

the first issue sound like a gimbal issue and needs to be returned. But I have not heard of this one before, so it would be better if you can shoot a short video demonstrating it.

the second issue is also strange, have you tried copying the video from your SD card and played it on your computer?
2016-11-11
Use props
firsttimeflyer
lvl.1

the second issue i have resolved.  i was filming in 60fps and that was the issue.  i guess that is only supposed to be used for slo mo.  the first issue happens almost everytime.  it's like it's trying to lock on something instead of what i'im shooting.  so does the osmo plus have a track feature like the p4 or mavic?
2016-11-12
Use props
DadDog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2907 ft
United States

You should be ok recording in 1080 at 60fps.   The symptom you described sounded more like trying to view 4k resolution on a 1080 video card/monitor. Video gets very choppy.
2016-11-12
Use props
firsttimeflyer
lvl.1

hello Daddog. the video was shot at 1080 and played on a 1080 tv via a media player.  it's the only time it's happened.  i'm having computer issues right now andwill upload soon.  it's very twitchy like as if i was on crack or something filming it, which i wasn't lol
2016-11-13
Use props
firsttimeflyer
lvl.1

United States

here is a link to a video i shot of supermoon.  it's dark and i was just playing around with the camera.  at the 13 second mark you'll notice a quick jerk to the left, it's dark but you can still see the camera moving on it's own. happens almost all the time.

2016-11-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

firsttimeflyer Posted at 2016-11-15 03:15
here is a link to a video i shot of supermoon.  it's dark and i was just playing around with the cam ...

it says the video is private
2016-11-14
Use props
firsttimeflyer
lvl.1

United States

it is now public dji thor...
2016-11-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

firsttimeflyer Posted at 2016-11-15 14:51
it is now public dji thor...

I'm sorry to say that you unit is defective, please email support.us@dji.com and follow instructions to send it in. Thank you.
2016-11-16
Use props
firsttimeflyer
lvl.1

United States

damn.  ok i will contact
2016-11-16
Use props
Dalby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

Did it happen when doing like this? http://forum.dji.com/thread-67797-1-1.html
2016-11-16
Use props
firsttimeflyer
lvl.1

United States

Dalby Posted at 2016-11-16 23:02
Did it happen when doing like this? http://forum.dji.com/thread-67797-1-1.html

the AF seems to be a different issue.  This issue is just when it decides to point at something else as opposed to not focusing.  it literally moves on it's own to something else.  it doesn't matter how much light there is or how many subjects are in frame.   
2016-11-17
Use props
firsttimeflyer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-16 05:24
I'm sorry to say that you unit is defective, please email  and follow instructions to send it in.  ...

it's been almost 24 hours and i haven't heard from them.  this is borderline ridiculous.  i am also waiting 2 weeks for an email i sent to your online sales for the mavic and now i'm waiting for a response for this issue.  i have spent over $2000 on DJI products and cannot get an email back so i have decided to return the osmo plus and i will not be exchanging it but rather returning it out right.  
2016-11-17
Use props
daveande
lvl.1
United States

firsttimeflyer Posted at 2016-11-17 08:20
it's been almost 24 hours and i haven't heard from them.  this is borderline ridiculous.  i am als ...

Good luck hearing back from them. I posted an issue with my original OSMO and the bike mount  and I was told to upload the video, I did that over 2 months ago and I never heard back from anyone at DJI after posting. At first I was told to purchase the Z-Axis. I've had the same thing happen with post regarding my P3P as well. I've spent over $3200 on DJI products (OSMO, P3P and Ronin M) and would expect a little better service. Get a refund if you can nd run away as far away from DJI as you can.
2016-11-17
Use props
Caesium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44659 ft
United Kingdom

daveande Posted at 2016-11-17 06:58
Good luck hearing back from them. I posted an issue with my original OSMO and the bike mount  and I was told to upload the video, I did that over 2 months ago and I never heard back from anyone at DJI after posting. At first I was told to purchase the Z-Axis. I've had the same thing happen with post regarding my P3P as well. I've spent over $3200 on DJI products (OSMO, P3P and Ronin M) and would expect a little better service. Get a refund if you can nd run away as far away from DJI as you can.

Mine is also not smooth when panning.

Here's a YT link

2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules