3651 12 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi. I just received my Mavic yesterday, did a full upgrade of the unit and RC firmware and while outdoor and trying to calibrate, impossible to calibrate despite being in open field without any metallic stuff around me. When checking the sensor, it shows that only Compass 1 is in use and seems to react to the magnetic environment but not the compass 2 that stays in the red... any one know would know how to fix this problem? Do I have a defect unit? See some screenshots for your reference.
IMG_0241.PNG
IMG_0242.PNG
IMG_0243.PNG
2016-11-11
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to contact dji.com/support.  Are your arms fully extended?
2016-11-11
Use props
fansea7209f9
New

Hong Kong

I have similar problem, just bring the aircraft to DJI technical support today and they confirmed a hardware problem on compass 2.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-71338-1-1.html
2016-11-12
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

fansea7209f9 Posted at 2016-11-12 18:09
I have similar problem, just bring the aircraft to DJI technical support today and they confirmed a  ...

Thanks! I saw your threat and well we have obviously the same problem... My problem is that there is no DJI support in Singapore and bought it via Apple Store so I am not sure how and when I will get it replaced. I have contacted both Apple and DJI by email and waiting that one of them is coming back to me with the procedure for exchanging. Meanwhile, no flying Mavic for this weekend...
2016-11-12
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-12 18:40
Thanks! I saw your threat and well we have obviously the same problem... My problem is that there  ...

If you purchased via a Apple store they should be available to exchange your unit.
2016-11-12
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-12 22:07
If you purchased via a Apple store they should be available to exchange your unit.

Thank you Ed. I will see what Apple tells me tomorrow Monday. I hope that they will understand that this unit is faulty and will agree with an exchange. I also hope that they have spare units for replacement. I will keep you and Ken updated.
2016-11-12
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

My Mavic is back to DJI in HK for repair (their actual repair service center is actually in Shenzhen but shipments are received by their HK office). Have shipped my Mavic without the battery as requested by DJI. Waiting now for the diagnosis result. Either repair (free of charge of course) or shipped a new unit, for which I guess they would then remove the battery unless they decide to offer an extra one to me as a compensation for the trouble.
So far, it seems we are only 2 to have had this compass 2 failure issue (me and a guy in HK). I have heard a 3rd possible case in SG from someone who also received from Apple but yet to be confirmed.
2016-11-15
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

What is your case number?
2016-11-16
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi Ed. My case number is CAS-321478-M1J5G2. Sophia has been very helpful so far but now it is in the hands of the technical team. I hope they can fix this compass quickly and ship my Mavic back to me the soonest they can.
2016-11-16
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-16 23:00
What is your case number?

Hi Ed,

Did you have the chance to communicate with DJI support on my case? You can update me by private message if you wish. My Mavic reached HK on Tuesday morning and I am waiting for some feedback on whether or not it can be repaired and whether they have an estimated timeframe for the repair. Just in case you can provide some information. Thanks.

Alex
2016-11-17
Use props
johanes
lvl.1
Colombia

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-15 22:09
My Mavic is back to DJI in HK for repair (their actual repair service center is actually in Shenzhen but shipments are received by their HK office). Have shipped my Mavic without the battery as requested by DJI. Waiting now for the diagnosis result. Either repair (free of charge of course) or shipped a new unit, for which I guess they would then remove the battery unless they decide to offer an extra one to me as a compensation for the trouble.
So far, it seems we are only 2 to have had this compass 2 failure issue (me and a guy in HK). I have heard a 3rd possible case in SG from someone who also received from Apple but yet to be confirmed.

hi, another case that does not calibrate the second compass ... unfortunately the drone bought it in Florida and I am in Colombia and the assistance service of DJI would take weeks not to say months.
.... I have found forums with unorthodox solutions such as passing a magnet to three centimeters of the compass. Another solution is to uncover the mavic and check that none of the cable phases of the engines are near the compass.
the person from Singapore or someone else has found a solution?
regards
2017-12-9
Use props
johanes
lvl.1
Colombia

hi, another case that does not calibrate the second compass ... unfortunately the drone bought it in Florida and I am in Colombia and the assistance service of DJI would take weeks not to say months.
.... I have found forums with unorthodox solutions such as passing a magnet to three centimeters of the compass. Another solution is to uncover the mavic and check that none of the cable phases of the engines are near the compass.
the person from Singapore or someone else has found a solution?
regards
2017-12-9
Use props
johanes 1
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi, I was able to solve the problem of the compas; a friend electrical engineer recommended me to do a selenoid to demagnetize the compas 2 and it works perfectly.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules