Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Don't expect mass shipment until January.
3345 30 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usere896a947df
lvl.1

United States

As a dealer with over 700 ordered and paid for, we only received 8 total in the span of 3 weeks.  We have to pay for all units in advance.  With Inspire 2 and P4 Pro being announced next week, be prepared to wait even longer for those.  We thought Inspire 1 launch delay was bad but Mavic delay is easily the worst by a large margin for DJI dealers and direct customers.  
2016-11-11
Use props
AusAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

There's been enough press about how the Mavic release has been handled that I honestly can't see them getting any where near the pre-orders of those devices they might have had they handled the Mavic differently, I think you'll see quite a number of potential customers sitting on the fence.
2016-11-11
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

First post not even introducing yourself....How do we know you are who you say you are? Any proof of it.?I say BS...
2016-11-11
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

No pictures / documents = no proof!
2016-11-11
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I order one Fly More Combo yesterday morning on a UK retailer's website  and will be receiving it in few hours time. Am I the luckiest guy or what?
2016-11-12
Use props
fansbb5b373a
lvl.1

Italy

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2016-11-12 09:29
I order one Fly More Combo yesterday morning on a UK retailer's website  and will be receiving it in ...

tell me the name of the reseller? so i will try to buy me too
2016-11-12
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansbb5b373a Posted at 2016-11-12 08:41
tell me the name of the reseller? so i will try to buy me too

Maplin, but it's sold out straight away. I still don't believe it is true but we will see in few hours time when I take the delivery.
2016-11-12
Use props
Steve Salter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 421060 ft
United Kingdom

Had mine on order since early October via a model shop. He says his supplier is not being told when they will arrive in the country. To be honest I've been more than patient. It's not the shops fault, but I'm toying with the idea of getting my money back and not bothering.
2016-11-12
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New products won't have an affect on dispatch lines, these have exsisting production lines that will produce these products, the P4 and I1 lines will switch to the newer models.

The Mavic was all new and as such has all new lines
2016-11-12
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro being announced next week? Who is this guy? How does he know things no one else on the internet has heard? It all sounds made up to me.
2016-11-12
Use props
Danny-B-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-12 10:33
Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro being announced next week? Who is this guy? How does he know things no o ...

If you look at the main dji website it shows there will be an announcement next week... there have been leaked inspire 2 images on the web already so it looks likely. Not sure about the p4 pro though
2016-11-12
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.4

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-12 18:33
Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro being announced next week? Who is this guy? How does he know things no o ...

It's not been a secret...  Announcement is on the 15th.
2016-11-12
Use props
fanse1c4878b
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-12
Use props
nelsonmansfield
lvl.3

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2016-11-12 16:47
Maplin, but it's sold out straight away. I still don't believe it is true but we will see in few h ...

show us the proof!!!!
2016-11-12
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-12 07:35
It's not been a secret...  Announcement is on the 15th.

OK... I did not realize the Inspire 1 was coming so soon. I would think that they would get the Mavic demand handled before releasing another for e that would just create more demand.

I did some searching and did find where the P4 pro rumor came from. Thought I doubt that is being announced this soon.

I am sure the announcement will be exciting. And whatever it is, I am sure it will be available before spring. DJI is sure working hard to stay ahead of Yuneec, who appears to be their only true competition in this space.

Also... I wonder what ever happened to that wonky Apple Drone thing. Probably drove off into the sunset in the Apple Car.
2016-11-12
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.4

Just like everyone else I have been frustrated that my order from Sept 29th has not arrived yet but now I'm actually relieved and hope mine gets pushed out a couple more weeks lol, I just received a bill for 5 out of my 10 cylinders mis-firing....
2016-11-12
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.4
United Kingdom

NO!!! The parcel didn't arrive, because the stupid driver cannot find the house. {:4_142:} I am so  F ing mad!
https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApZZEqnSd0ORpmA3AZkNcZGPWRo-
2016-11-12
Use props
Anti-Shill
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-12
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2016-11-12 08:29
I order one Fly More Combo yesterday morning on a UK retailer's website  and will be receiving it in ...

Hi, what seller?
2016-11-12
Use props
Bart - Mavic (p
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-11-12 10:37
If you look at the main dji website it shows there will be an announcement next week... there have ...

I have seen leaked pics on phantom 4 pro. if i will find them again i will give you guys a link.
There is a seller on Amazon UK - he is offering Mavic Pro for £1150 ( i think) ready to be despatched in 3 days. Just in case is someone is desperate to get it soon and he doesn't care about cash
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Mav ... ;keywords=mavic+pro
2016-11-12
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45187 ft
United Kingdom

Bart - Mavic (p Posted at 2016-11-12 19:49
I have seen leaked pics on phantom 4 pro. if i will find them again i will give you guys a link.
T ...

They do not have any to sell, if you look at their website they are just taking pre-orders like everyone else. The shipping estimate on their Amazon site are just default shipping times.
2016-11-12
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am new to drones and DJI, may I ask, which model line is the more "professional" line betwixt Inspire and Phantom? as things currently stand?

if dji have a flagship line (zenmuse?) which one is it? as I get more and more into drone work, I may look into the top tier line....
2016-11-12
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.4
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-12 06:45
OK... I did not realize the Inspire 1 was coming so soon. I would think that they would get the Ma ...

https://fccid.io/SS3-WM331A1609
2016-11-12
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.4
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-12 06:45
OK... I did not realize the Inspire 1 was coming so soon. I would think that they would get the Ma ...

P4 pro next spring

2016-11-12
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.4
United States

Bart - Mavic (p Posted at 2016-11-12 11:49
T ...

P4 pro may 23

2016-11-12
Use props
IJDakota
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI has a set amount of people assembling these items.  When they say it's in full production, it means they dedicated a FEW more people to assemble the Mavic from the other team.  They don't all of a sudden hire a load of new workers just for the Mavic.  DJI factory is very efficient? as they have a quota that each team has to meet each day.  You would think they have at least 50-100 people assembling them but in fact they have VERY FAR less than that but they manage to push out hundreds each day.  The wait will be even longer now that they have to spread the workforce onto 2 newer products.  Some people speculate that the release of Mavic should have been today but it was actually planned for October after the National Holiday.  Many of you were right about the unexpected demand on DJI's end.  They laughed at GoPro's attempt and moved up the announcement date just because they could to prove to the media that Karma was not a threat at all.

DJI doesn't really have much competition in this field and they know that all these complaints about delays won't matter much when people finally receive their products.  Quite arrogant of the company but until there's a real threat to their market share, business will continue as it's always been.  Nothing has really changed internally since the release of Phantom 2 and don't expect it to change in the near future.  Dealers will continue to buy and most will eat the return costs as many dealers will tell you, it's damn near impossible to return anything to DJI.  Most dealers ended up salvaging their customer returns rather than dealing with DJI on returns/repairs.
2016-11-15
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.3

United States

IJDakota Posted at 2016-11-15 17:11
DJI has a set amount of people assembling these items.  When they say it's in full production, it me ...

How do you know .....this is just speculation on his part with no truth what so ever.   
2016-11-15
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I just noticed that people still say "pre-order" while official release date was Oct 15 when they set that date on their keynote.
It should be read now as back order.
2016-11-15
Use props
Derodeo
lvl.3

Canada

I was talking with the authorized DJI dealer I ordered from and he was convinced the whole reason for the delay is shortage of a single critical component sourced from a third party supplier. He didn't tell me what component, just that he was told by DJI the shortage should be cleared up by the end of the year if not sooner. He sounded pretty frustrated with the whole situation, having 120+ orders in, DJI communicating very little and customers constantly complaining.
2016-11-15
Use props
PAYBACK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Derodeo Posted at 2016-11-16 06:45
I was talking with the authorized DJI dealer I ordered from and he was convinced the whole reason fo ...

My case in point on numerous threads on this board. DJI has clearly gone a shown a big TOFFEE to it's re-sellers and no amount of explaining will change that. It is clear to see that DJI basically looked after their own pre-orders and thought they'd better not *** off Amazon and the likes and feed them a couple of units to keep them happy. The rest of the plebs can wait! I bought online from a 'mom and pop' store which even in this day and age believe it or not is still relevant!

My first DJI drone, if you don't count the flame wheel and it has not been a nice experience must be honest.  

2016-11-16
Use props
baychilla
lvl.1

United States

ngvuanh Posted at 2016-11-15 19:23
I just noticed that people still say "pre-order" while official release date was Oct 15 when they se ...

I pre-ordered and now it's on backorder.  Why not both?
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules