Inspire 1 Camera and gimbal wont connect to controller or DJI Pilot app
22915 30 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hall.lleyton253
New

Australia

Hi DJI! The inspire 1 is an excellent drone - one of the best I've ever seen! i was flying mine for the first time last night and it worked perfectly, footage came out great and I had no crashes - thank god!! For some reason though, when i went to fly it again this morning, neither the camera or the gimbal were responding to my controller ( the gimbal was able calibrate itself though when i turned the drone on). When I tried to view the live camera feed on the DJI pilot app, it came up with no signal in red at the tp of the screen where it usually says GPS-safe to fly and when I tried to adjust the gimbal's angle it was non-responsive. Besides this, my Inspire 1 still flies perfectly but Im flying without being able to film. GPS and other modes still work as they normally would too. Here's what I've tried to fix it:
- I've tried reseting all setting several times on the app

- I've calibrated the gimbal and the inspire 1 numerous times

- disconnected the gimbal three times
- emptied the camera of its footage
- checked for firmware updates
- check for any sign of damage (none)
- reconnected the RC controller to the drone
- tried connecting to the camera in an open field (no luck)

Is there anything i could do to fix this? I would love to start filming my flights again!! As I said, everything else is working perfectly, its only the camera and the gimbal that have been non-responsive

2015-2-8
Use props
peter.airfoto
New

Sweden

Mine is exactly the same, have you found any solution?
2015-2-14
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've had exactly the same issue.  I event tried going back to ver 0.92, but still no good.
2015-2-15
Use props
johanmfr.yahoo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7046667 ft
  • >>>
France

update version for DJI PILOT with 1.0.1 IOS version
2015-2-15
Use props
peter.airfoto
New

Sweden

I have reported this to DJI so lets see what their solution is.

Where have you heard that App updating will help?
2015-2-15
Use props
peter.airfoto
New

Sweden

I hav e version 1.01
2015-2-15
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I'm already on 1.01.  One thing I did do was try the "Enable hardware decode" feature  Maybe just a coincidence, but that's when my problems started. Turning it off made no difference since.  It got progressively worse and wont connect at all now.
2015-2-15
Use props
christiandrothl
New

United States

same problem!
2015-2-15
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe it's a faulty USB connector on the transmitter.  Has anyone got a second controller to try?
2015-2-15
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I've reported it to DJI and send a video..  I'd like to try a second controller as I suspect the USB port.  Do you have a second controller to try?
2015-2-15
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

I had the same problem today. I have two remotes. One uses an Android tablet the other uses my iPhone. My Android tablet will not work but my iPhone does work. Not sure why my Android will not connect to the camera any more. I've been using this set up for two weeks with no problems until today. Has DJI discontinued the Pilot App for Android?
2015-2-15
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

Gimbal error message
IMG_3473.JPG
2015-2-15
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

After several emails with DJI, they have requested it to be sent back for repair. Seems like the camera has died.
2015-2-16
Use props
peter.airfoto
New

Sweden

That sux big time, are they sending otu the camera or do you get new  inspire?
2015-2-16
Use props
chad
lvl.2

United States

I had same problem and ended up having to do the same thing as @Markc - more details on this thread:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-2-16
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

peter.airfoto Posted at 2015-2-17 04:25
That sux big time, are they sending otu the camera or do you get new  inspire?

Been asked to send back the whole unit AT MY COST!
2015-2-16
Use props
jetswing.gleame
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2072894 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the same problem. Just after 3 days of flying, the video feed started to get disconnected intermittently. Though I have stop flying, the problem got progressively worse. Now, the camera doesn't even power on. I can tell by the fan on the back of camera not spinning. My guess is the camera is fried.
2015-2-17
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

Same issue here. Just returned my remote today for repair. Really sucks! This remote was only 3 days old.
2015-2-18
Use props
peter.airfoto
New

Sweden

How long does i take for DJI to respond to a case?
i havent heard anything and i reported my problems last saturday
2015-2-19
Use props
mhervey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324843 ft
United States

jetswing.gleame Posted at 2015-2-17 22:21
I've had the same problem. Just after 3 days of flying, the video feed started to get disconnected i ...

I had the same problems after 3-4 days.  Camera seemed to be working fine, but it started showing green noise in parts of the picture just before losing the feed completely.  Ever since, I could only get the camera connection at power on, but then it would lose connection after just a few seconds. Now it won't connect at all.
2015-2-22
Use props
troystarks
New

United States

After owning my inspire for 3 days, I am having the issue with the camera/gimbal not connecting or when it is connected some of the image files are corrupt. It is very intermittent. Then sometimes goes out completely. Usually when it is not connecting, the gimbal no longer actively stabilizes the camera. I sent support a description of the issue but haven't heard back from them. I contacted my dealer where purchased and they are replacing the whole UAV.
2015-2-24
Use props
troystarks
New

United States

troystarks Posted at 2015-2-25 00:03
After owning my inspire for 3 days, I am having the issue with the camera/gimbal not connecting or w ...

As a side note this UAV is unbelievably stable and flies amazing. its just the camera that is having the issue. and it does not affect its flight abilities. Except that when the video link is lost, it is smart enough to ask if you want it to return home automatically...Pretty cool!! Oh and working with my dealer on getting the RMA/replacement was no issue at all. 1UAS.com rocks!
2015-2-24
Use props
vm
New

United States

Here is the fix...go to the HD tab at the top of the main screen...
Image Transmission Setting...
touch custom... then go to select channel. To the right of that is the current channel.
Touch it and try a different channel until you find one that works. You may need to adjust the image transmission quality while you do this but by changing the channel you should be able to fix the "no signal" problem... hope this helps it did for me.... let me know if you have any other issues...V
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the contacts between the camera and the Gimbal. You may heave to pull the contacts for the camera and Gimbal up a bit? That issue has been posted in the past and that was the resolution to the issue. Give it a shot, nothing to lose, not to high, just s bit. Also run an eraser across the contacts to remove any tarnish on the contacts.
Best of luck.
2015-2-24
Use props
info.danproud
lvl.1
Australia

Has anyone found a solution to the above problem? I am having the exact same problem as described in the first post - The camera gimbal configures itself, then shuts down. I'm unable to try updating firmware because it doesn't recognise the SD card. The camera just hangs loosely. It's a strange problem as I've been flying successfully for about 2 weeks. Love to hear if anyone's found a fix to this...
2015-2-25
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-2-25 09:09
Check the contacts between the camera and the Gimbal. You may heave to pull the contacts for the cam ...

I remember that post as well, The person slightly pulled the small connection wires down a bit and it worked for him.
I get a black camera screen myself and I have to turn the unit off and back on sometimes even more than once and I also get "No Signal" after a green okay to fly signal.
I can fly but only about 30 feet away.
2015-2-25
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

Same issue here! i can tilt the gimbal up and down but no video feed + "No Signal" at the top of the screen.

Anyone solve this issue yet???
2015-3-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

TheFlyGuy Posted at 2015-3-4 00:08
Same issue here! i can tilt the gimbal up and down but no video feed + "No Signal" at the top of the ...

Pls take a screenshot of the camera page and the overall status page.
2015-3-4
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

I don't have the camera with me so i can't take a screenshot.

I went to the local dealer and we check with another camera - and it works, so the issue is with the camera. i sent my log file to Dji and they told me that it's a connection issue with only the USB bus of the camera and i should send it to be fixed, so my dealer took it and will send it to Dji for service.

D you think that it something i can fix over here without send it over?

2015-3-4
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

DJI-Autumn i get "No Signal" even without camera attached!
I have full Satellite reception but never get "Ready to fly"

Do you have any suggestion?
2015-3-4
Use props
JayDobek
New
New Zealand

I had this happen to me just today.  It appears that when I was taking off the cap on the Inspire that covers the gimbal connection I bent a connector.  After a lot of pain of trying to figure out what went wrong this problem was noticed by a peer.  I was able to bend the connector back into place.  Everything appears to be working again.  
2015-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules