Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dirt inside the lens.
5694 44 2016-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2016-11-16 23:20
here is another one, left side seems much softer then right side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/01hqg5tk ...

I would suggest you to send it in for evaluation. We'll help to create a case.Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" .
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-11-18
Use props
fanscf6a0649
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1785 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-18 20:28
I would suggest you to send it in for evaluation. We'll help to create a case.Please send an e-mail ...

I received my Mavic Pro yesterday from the Apple Store in Australia - and noticed a black dot in every frame of the first video. Looking more carefully at stills show there are three black dots. Perhaps caused by dust in the optical path. Cleaning the outside of the lens does not make any difference. I will be taking the drone back to the Apple Store and asking for a replacement.

2016-11-18
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

fanscf6a0649 Posted at 2016-11-18 13:06
I received my Mavic Pro yesterday from the Apple Store in Australia - and noticed a black dot in e ...

Oh dear! That looks like dust in sensor.

-----

I was wrong before when I said the left side blurry  only occurred in photo. Only just find out that my latest video have the same issue.

Already emailed DJI support but didn't mention the video problem.
Here is the screen grab from the video.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApZZEqnSd0ORpwMIX54ubNXCis37

2016-11-18.jpg
2016-11-18
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

fanscf6a0649 Posted at 2016-11-18 08:06
I received my Mavic Pro yesterday from the Apple Store in Australia - and noticed a black dot in e ...

How does the lens look in comparison to some of these others? Sorry for your hassle. Better luck with the next one.
2016-11-18
Use props
fanscf6a0649
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1785 ft
Australia

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-19 02:33
How does the lens look in comparison to some of these others? Sorry for your hassle. Better luck w ...

There looks like there may be some dust on the lens like in the other photos - but that does not usually cause these sorts of problems - as they should not focus on the sensor as spots. I visited the Apple Store in Sydney today - but had not luck exchanging the drone. They have none in stock - and are not expecting any in the store until middle of January 2017. I spoke at length on the phone to a support person, and then placed on hold, then talked at length to a senior support person...... now waiting to hear back from him on Monday after he talks to Customer Relations. In Australia - Apple have to honour Australian Consumer Law - which allows me to take the item back to the retailer for exchange or repair or refund. The tech support person suggested it would be better to contact DJI. Apple said they would give me a refund (as a gift certificate) - but then I would have to presumably wait 6 - 7 weeks for a new drone! As my original preorder was October 4 - and I received the drone on Nov 17, I feel like I have waited long enough and a new drone should be expedited.Meanwhile - here is a photo of one of the spots magnified - you can see that it covers quite a few pixels.

2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules