Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints issues resolved in new update?
2905 16 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaf35b283
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Have the waypoints function problems been resolved in the latest firmware release (1.02.0602) or the DJI Go ap (3.1 or 3.2 ?). ?
My current experience is that:
1: I cannot save waypoint missions in either real or simulation. The DJI Go ap crashes in both cases.
2: The screen (consistent, consistent, free)  for selecting how the mission is to be flown is missing: It skips directly to the return to home altitude screen.
3: I cannot replay or pause the mission.
4: Upon mission completion the waypoint function screen clears completely,
I am using a Samsung Tablet with a fairly new Phantom 4, and although I've researched the Litchi app, I would like to stay with the DJI Go app, for now, anyway.
Thanks in advance.
2016-11-14
Use props
fansaf35b283
lvl.4
United States

Is anyone else having this problem?
If so, is it an Android or iOS issue (or both)?
Thanks
2016-11-17
Use props
fansaf35b283
lvl.4
United States

Bump. Still hoping for an answer.
2016-11-25
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

Anyone else notice this aberrant behavior?
2016-12-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't really use waypoints as yet. But you could try installing DJI Go 4, it will install itself alongside DJI Go 3.1.0, and you could see if it has helped at all before removing DJI Go 3.1.0.
2016-12-1
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-1 08:44
I don't really use waypoints as yet. But you could try installing DJI Go 4, it will install itself a ...

Thank you kindly for your reply, Aaardvark.

I've loaded DJI Go 4 along side DJI Go, and have tried them both (on my Samsung tablets and phones--I do not have an iOS device).

There are no substantial differences between the two apps, neither in regard to my specific issue, nor in menus, screens, controls, etc. in general. In side-by-side comparisons, I believe I found one or two minor menu differences beyond the splash screens.

My Waypoints problem persists in both apps. I think it may be an Android-only issue, but I'll never know--at least not until someone loans me an iOS device to try. Logically, I do not believe it to be a firmware issue, primarily because the function itself works (waypoints load into the drone from the app), but are not saved (again, logically) in the app, and secondly, the missing selection screen(consistent with../consistent with../free) is purely an app malfunction/oversight.

What I find most perplexing is the fact that in the new DJI Go 4 app, no observable improvements were made to the bare-bones simulator. Could not some time have been spent on the aesthetics?

Patience seems to be the main virtue required. Infinite patience.

At any rate, thanks again for your reply.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-2
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-2 09:40
Thank you kindly for your reply, Aaardvark.

I've loaded DJI Go 4 along side DJI Go, and have trie ...

What kind of Samsung is it?
2016-12-2
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2016-12-2 13:54
What kind of Samsung is it?

fansb1fe1104:

Sorry for the latent reply--I've been busy flying/testing the Phantom 4.

I've used both the DJI Go and DJI Go 4 apps on two Samsung tablets:

SM-T337A - 8 inch tablet running Android 5.1.1
SM-T230NU - 7 inch tablet running Android 4.4.2

Both of the DJI Go apps run without issue (except for the WayPoints function).

I've also tested and run only the DJI Go app on a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone:
SGH-I337 - Cell Phone running Android 4.4.4

For both tablets and the cellphone, the Phantom performs normally, without major issue.

The slower CPU on the Galaxy S4 cellphone causes a minor lag in the received video stream, but this behavior does not affect the flight controls.

For most of my flights, I have been using the 7-inch tablet, specifically because it is Wi-Fi only(although I turn off both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth tranceivers during flights).

Additionally, for the most recent flights, I've used the DJI Go 4 app, which seems to perform identically to the DJI Go app, except for the removal of Google Maps. I'd thought that DJI Go 4 would include the fix for this Waypoints issue---I was incorrect.

Thank you for your time.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-9 08:19
fansb1fe1104:

Sorry for the latent reply--I've been busy flying/testing the Phantom 4.

Hi. Sorry but I can't comment on use of waypoints in DJI GO. I Can say, however, that I have absolutely No issues with waypoint missions using Litchi - in fact, that feature is the app's Jewel in the Crown. So I don't believe it's the firmware, but a DJI GO issue.
2016-12-8
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-8 16:26
Hi. Sorry but I can't comment on use of waypoints in DJI GO. I Can say, however, that I have absolutely No issues with waypoint missions using Litchi - in fact, that feature is the app's Jewel in the Crown. So I don't believe it's the firmware, but a DJI GO issue.

Punchbuggy (no punch back) :

Thanks for the reply.

Does using the Litchi app invalidate the warranty/service for the DJI Phantom 4?

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-9 09:17

Thanks for the reply.

That's a question for DJI, but I don't see why it would. DJI provide the software development kits (SDKs) for developers to build apps for use with the DJI products, and VC Tech (with Litchi) subsequently use the SDKs to tap into drone functions - they can't make the drone do anything which DJI won't allow them to. Unless, of course, they program a 'smack into the ground' function if you press C1.

But seriously, I'm 99.99% confident in saying that DJI will not deny a warranty claim if you were using Litchi (and admitted to it).

And Punchbuggy was a game which my daughter played with me when she was young - I generally got bruising from it...
2016-12-8
Use props
fans32af1680
New
United States

I new to this myself so my question Augustus is "do your devices have GPS," or GPS capability?
2017-1-1
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

fans32af1680 Posted at 2017-1-1 23:06
I new to this myself so my question Augustus is "do your devices have GPS," or GPS capability?

fans32af1680:

Yes, all of my tablets and phones have built-in GPS.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-1-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-8 14:17

Thanks for the reply.

DJI will not warranty a crash due to a third party app. This has appeared here in the past.  It's also in their online warranty coverage:

"What This After-Sales Policy Does NOT Cover:
- Failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request."

You are on your own with 3rd party apps, so be careful.  Can't really blame them as a programmer, even using their SDK, could put in bad coding resulting in an "Opps!" incident.  Don't know what the warranty is with 3rd party apps themselves - or if they have one.
2017-1-2
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

i've got android 6.0.1 on all my tablets!
2017-1-2
Use props
Piledriver
New

United States

fansa84fe8a4,  I thought I had the same problem but I figured it out. In the top left corner of the select waypoint screen there is an arrowhead. If you tap that the menu items open up where you can select the camera views, etc.
2017-1-21
Use props
fans216e0aba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83960 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi
Is it hard to make a DJi go application that offers waypoint as well as litchi?
Why do not you make an application that can draw a point of interest as well as litchi?
Why can not DJI GO has applications for phantom 4 draw route as a phantom 4 pro?
I think it would be normal to DJI GO application.
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules