5197 12 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im not sure if this has been brought up on here.  Im trying to figure out if there is way to prevent the Mavic from doing an auto landing?   I would prefer to Manual land it but the only way I can find to do that is to have the lower VPS sensors turned off.  When I am coming in for a landing it stops at 1m or so and when I hold the stick down it pauses for a couple of seconds and then lands on its own.  Its kind of aggravating especially if its critical I land in a particular spot.  
2016-11-14
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Not on the manual?
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Visualkaos,aircraft will hover at 0.5m above the ground for about 1 second. Here is the manual for your reference.Please correct me if I misunderstand your description.
descend.png
2016-11-14
Use props
Apriliamgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you talking when the battery get to low and forces the craft to land ?
2016-11-14
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Apriliamgt Posted at 2016-11-15 01:46
Are you talking when the battery get to low and forces the craft to land ?

No, I'm saying every time I go to land the mavic it does an auto land instead of allowing me to set it down myself.  The phantoms never forced this and I wish they would undo it on the mavic.  If the VPS is turned off it will allow a manual landing but if the VPS is on it lands itself.  Its not that big of a deal I was just hoping to be able to turn it off without disengaging the VPS lower sensors.  
2016-11-15
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.2
United States

That's the way mine works, It hovers at a couple feet and small down stick won't get lower unless I hold it down and then it auto lands. I did find if I turn off visual sensors I have total manual control of landing, but beware if your not gentle with down stick it won't slow and can land hard. Also with sensors off it doesn't hold position as well so your continually working sticks as you do manual landing.
2016-11-15
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-15 01:34
Hi Visualkaos,aircraft will hover at 0.5m above the ground for about 1 second. Here is the manual f ...

Thanks Mindy,
Im assuming there is not a way to turn off the auto landing without disengaging the VPS?
2016-11-15
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CaptainET Posted at 2016-11-15 15:20
That's the way mine works, It hovers at a couple feet and small down stick won't get lower unless I  ...

Yeah thats what mine does too.  I guess DJI thought that was a good idea.  It will probably help prevent certain people from crashing.  
2016-11-15
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't mind this behaviour. Imagine you're trying to get a shot but accidentially lowering yourself onto a tree top, this will prevent it from happening. Besides, it's not really "auto" landing, it just stops right before landing to make sure you want to go down, keep the stick down and  down you go, while you still have directional capability.
2016-11-15
Use props
treycopeland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316427 ft
United States

This is as intended.
2016-11-15
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

With the blades so close to the ground, it doesn't really bother me. Ground effect is one thing when you have a little height under the blades it's something else completely when they're that close.
2016-11-15
Use props
fans1e7bea63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396227 ft
United States

I would much prefer to have the option of turning this feature off. I fly a Phantom 4 also, was surprised to see this with my new Mavic that went out on it's maiden flight today. It will pause about a foot off the ground, then in order to land it, left stick full down, it starts to land, then release the left stick, it will still continue to land. Raising the left stick will cancel the auto land and it will climb. I suppose I'll just have to get used to it.
2016-12-11
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
Australia

Worryingly mine dropped (hard) from the 0.5m yesterday at the beach, luckily onto a clean towel I was using as a landing mat, it then "bounced" with the props still on and went a little ape until I could recover it but had to land on the dry sand. No damage except to my nerves. I will be opening a support case later, but I'm on holiday
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules