Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro Now Introduced
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 22:22
That is correct, you can use it with other aircraft.
Maybe you should wait for the DJI NanoDrone, a ...

lol that's the one I would get away with,
I'm in Hungary at the moment, and just heading to Stockholm,
Just when I seen that new camera on the P4pro, just went and ordered it, then this morning got word that Mavic arrives next Monday,
So I have been encouraging my wife to do plenty of spending on herself, might make it a bit easier when I drop the bomb,
Any ways good news about the monitor, will wait for price and things to cool down before I purchase, thanks Ken
2016-11-16
Use props
ENG101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19642 ft
New Zealand

Does anyone know if the Ocusync technology in the Mavic is the same as Lightbridge HD here for the P4 Pro & Inspire 2 and its just a rename or is that only for the Mavic?
2016-11-16
Use props
fansa19b7945
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1132822 ft
Malaysia

Damn,Im too late to reead this..Does it realy trie?Ordering extra battery will slow your order?No way to split it with extra cost?(Service fee and shipping)
2016-11-16
Use props
gryzzly
lvl.3

United States

What OS does the integrated screen run?  Is it android or iOS?  If not, does that mean you cannot use 3rd party apps with the Pro+?
2016-11-16
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 15:58
Portability, WiFi control.

Copy that, thanks.  The former is of some value, the latter matters not to me.
2016-11-16
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 16:01
All Lightbridge and OcuSync uses the the same frequency for RC/video.
I'll say it one more time, i ...

Ken, your "I'll say it one more time" was a bit uncalled for.  I haven't done anything to you.  Note that your previous comment re this was unclear.  Elst I would not have asked.  You only just now gave a reasonably clear answer to the question.  For which I thank you.
2016-11-16
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 16:02
As of now, Litchi does not work with the Pro+.

Copy that, thanks.  If it like any other software, I imagine Litchi will update their app to work with the P4 Pro.  Unless, I suppose, there is a DJI software/hardware issue that would prevent it.
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-11-17 06:11
Ken, your "I'll say it one more time" was a bit uncalled for.  I haven't done anything to you.  No ...

I said one more time because I had already stated that the P4 and P4 Pro are different and the RC's will not work with each other. Then you said the P4 Pro uses the same old Lightbridge.
If it used the same Lightbridge then the RC's would work with each other.
That's why I said " I'll say it again"
2016-11-16
Use props
YTGraham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7224 ft
Canada

gryzzly Posted at 2016-11-16 15:08
What OS does the integrated screen run?  Is it android or iOS?  If not, does that mean you cannot us ...

It runs an optimized android but it's been stated that you cannot side load software onto it.
2016-11-16
Use props
YTGraham
lvl.1
Canada

As it seems to have been missed or lost in the discussion, will the DJI goggles work with the P4P? There are people basing purchase decisions on this, can you find out for us please?
2016-11-16
Use props
gryzzly
lvl.3

United States

Ah...so it should be Phantom 4 Pro '-'...not '+' haha
2016-11-16
Use props
Bw0fgSBqWup9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,Ken
I've order my Mavic pro Flymore combo from Maplin Electronics here in Newcastle on the 9th of November I've been sold by the retailer that my order will be dispatched end of November now my concern is that did you announce that everyone who ordered after 7th of November will not getting into the new year so I'm a bit worried because I am going on holiday on 15th of December and I need to take it with me no I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my order and order a phantom 4 Pro.
Now can you guarantee me that you can get the phantom 4 pro before 15th of December to my door I'm really confused I don't know what to do yes I have ordered very late because I'm very new to this joan ward and never used one before I'm kind of a newbie I will appreciate response
2016-11-16
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to know what is the resolution of the P4P's Obstacle sensing system. Does it see tree branches jutting out of a tree if you fly too close to it? Does it see the electrical wire in its way? It's no good if it can just see the wall, I can see the wall, but it's the small stuff that I can't see which will ruin your day.  
2016-11-16
Use props
fanse1877441
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ENG101 Posted at 2016-11-17 05:47
Does anyone know if the Ocusync technology in the Mavic is the same as Lightbridge HD here for the P ...

The naming of the FPV stream system is related to the HMD DJI Goggles, Ocu = eye, sync = refresh rate. The Mavic's proper Fly more bundle is meant to be launched with the DJI HMD Goggles.  For those that don't know, the Mavic has the same sensor as the p4 with a different lens and algorithm. This means the mavic camera has a piss-poor 1080p@60/96FPS for aerial footage to accommodate for the FPV streaming to goggles. The goggles need to be at least 60fps for optimal user experience so the mavic's camera does pixel binning to assist the goggles for frame rates and low latency.

This is why the P4Pro doesn't see the need for Occustink. The P4Pro is all about professional photo quality. It wouldn't want to sacrifice pixel binning just to support some silly goggles.
2016-11-16
Use props
ENG101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19642 ft
New Zealand

fanse1877441 Posted at 2016-11-17 08:03
The naming of the FPV stream system is related to the HMD DJI Goggles, Ocu = eye, sync = refresh r ...

There is no point having good hardware and crippled software. So if hardware is the same then DJI can potentially be able to upgrade the firmware and allow us to switch to a better algorithm when we are not using goggles right?
2016-11-16
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 17:21
I said one more time because I had already stated that the P4 and P4 Pro are different and the RC' ...

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is what you wrote that prompted my request for clarification:  "The new Inspire and Phantom 4 Pro does not use the old LightBridge system. Your P4/P3/Inspire 1 RC WILL NOT work on the new aircraft."

While you made it clear that the old P4/P3/Inspire RC won't work with the new P4Pro/Inspire 2, your comment was in no way clear as to why or what system it does use.  In fact, all you said was what the P4 Pro DOESN'T use.  And, "does not use the old LightBridge system" makes it sound like it uses a system other than Lightbridge.

Hence, my request for clarification.  And, point of order, I did NOT make any statement as to what the P4 Pro uses or doesn't use, as you alleged here: "Then you said the P4 Pro uses the same old Lightbridge."

What I did was QUOTE from YOUR COMPANY'S sales page for the P4 Pro, which, again, says: "The Lightbridge HD video transmission system used in the Phantom 4 Pro uses TDM (Time Division Multiplexing) to transmit signals, allowing it to send controller signals and receive video transmission signals at the same frequency."

Which quoatation I followed with an interrogatory, not a statement.  I ASKED you for clarification: "Do you mean to differentiate between a prior version of Lightbridge and a new version?  Or, as it seems to sound, the P4 Pro does, in fact, use the "old" Lightbridge system?"

And, point of order, your response to me that "All Lightbridge and OcuSync uses the the same frequency for RC/video. I'll say it one more time, it is not the same system, the new system  uses 2.4 / 5.8 and the P4 RC (WILL NOT) work with the P4 Pro" STILL wasn't responsive to my question as to what exactly the P4 Pro uses.  The only information you have offered is that the old remote doesn't work with the new product.

So, your snarkiness ... now twice ... is not appreciated.  I have been observant, inquisitive, eager to learn, dedicated to the process, and fair and balanced in my critiques of DJI's communication and shipping morass.  I also defended you when you caught a raft of shit last week over the shipping morass and what you have been able to tell folks.

All I want to do is learn about this stuff ... on which you have twice previously complimented me as to my dedication to do so ... so, I ask questions.

I get it, as you wrote in a prior post to another, that you're "going 10 different ways, need to slow down."  You seem to be everywhere on this forum, all threads, and doing a lot of things not related to tech support.  But, I'd appreciate responses in the same spirit in which the questions are asked.

Are we good, or do you want to try to take another shot?
2016-11-16
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.4
United States

fanse1877441 Posted at 2016-11-16 19:03
The naming of the FPV stream system is related to the HMD DJI Goggles, Ocu = eye, sync = refresh r ...

Thank you, fanse.  Your post was very informative.  Now that the 2 systems have been explained, it makes all the sense in the world.  Basically, OcuSync was simply designed for, and is there because of, "goggle-ability" for the Mavic, which is more for entertainment than photography.  Thank you.
2016-11-16
Use props
BengalBoy
First Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans66d5fdc9 Posted at 2016-11-16 03:15
It's really easy to dispute a charge with American express. Takes literally less than 5 minutes on ...

I took your advice and called American Express after a DJI chat representative told me that they would not simply let me change my order to a Phantom 4 Pro.  "You must cancel your current Mavic order and re-order the Phantom 4 Pro."  That seems pretty silly to me because I will possibly reconsider ordering any drone or order from a 3rd party instead?  Anyway, I called American Express and explained the situation.  They are now involved and I know will keep me informed about any progress on the transaction.
2016-11-16
Use props
YTGraham
lvl.1
Canada

fanse1877441 Posted at 2016-11-16 17:03

I'm not sure where you got this info but it's wrong. Very wrong.  The mavic records aerial footage with the same settings as the phantom 4, up to 4K at 30fps 60mbps. Video downlink to the controller is 720p or 1080p at closer ranges on the Mavic and 720p with the phantom 4. There is no lowering of video quality to accommodate anything, the mavic records at the same quality as the P4 and actually has a better video downlink with improved range and supports the goggles when they come out. if you are referring to only the 1080p record mode you should be specific as your post makes it seem like the mavic has limits it doesn't. 1080p@120fps is missing yes, 720p@120 was added. I think most people these days are more interested in the higher resolutions than in high frame rates.
2016-11-16
Use props
nocaps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31624 ft
United States

YTGraham Posted at 2016-11-16 21:17
I'm not sure where you got this info but it's wrong. Very wrong.  The mavic records aerial footage  ...

No, he's right, very right. The Mavic is severely compromised above 30 fps due to aliasing issues. Just Google 'Mavic 1080 60 fps', lots of info available.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70598-1-1.html

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/m ... n-1080p-60fps.1159/

and a few dozen more
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-11-17 09:11
Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is what you wrote that prompted my request for clarifi ...

The P4 Pro and the Inspire2 use LightBridge BUT not the old LightBridge. It's a different version of LightBridge (longer range, uses 2.4 or 5.8 )
2016-11-16
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

When is the Phantom 4 Standard going to be fixed from the last Firmware upgrade that was given out???
2016-11-16
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

Bw0fgSBqWup9 Posted at 2016-11-16 17:40
Hi,Ken
I've order my Mavic pro Flymore combo from Maplin Electronics here in Newcastle on the 9th o ...

I'll save Ken the time .... I ordered on October 1st and haven't received mine yet. Ken has never given shipping dates. He does not know. I've been following the threads since I ordered. No one can tell you when you will get your Mavic.
2016-11-16
Use props
YTGraham
lvl.1
Canada

nocaps Posted at 2016-11-16 19:35
No, he's right, very right. The Mavic is severely compromised above 30 fps due to aliasing issues.  ...

Ah that makes more sense. It was not a very clear post and the problem has nothing to do with the goggles or trimming the video signal to work with them, it's a problem with the X5 cameras also.. other than recording at speed for slo-mo I'm not even sure why anything over 30fps is needed anyhow.
And I'd still like an answer regarding whether the goggles will work with the P4pro... not sure why Ken and Ed seem to keep ignoring people asking this..

2016-11-16
Use props
flyingbuying
lvl.1

Australia

Has DJI changed their payment policy that you are now only charged when the item ships? I paid with PayPal and there is an authorization but no funds have left my account?
2016-11-16
Use props
fans66d5fdc9
lvl.1

United States

flyingbuying Posted at 2016-11-17 01:38
Has DJI changed their payment policy that you are now only charged when the item ships? I paid with  ...

Of course not. Zero chance of you not financing DJI's operations for months at a time before getting anything delivered. Paypal will change from authorized to pay confirmed within a few hours.
2016-11-16
Use props
RGB7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1083402 ft
United Kingdom

fans66d5fdc9 Posted at 2016-11-17 07:54
Of course not. Zero chance of you not financing DJI's operations for months at a time before getti ...

i think they must have changed their policy.. I ordered on the 8th of this month, through paypal, the money left my account. a few days ago the money is back in my account and paypal shows as an authorisation..
2016-11-17
Use props
Somnium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Kazakhstan

Sad when you just bought P4 and they released P4Pro...
2016-11-17
Use props
Somnium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Kazakhstan

RGB7 Posted at 2016-11-17 20:14
i think they must have changed their policy.. I ordered on the 8th of this month, through paypal,  ...

And it would be interesting if they will send you and forgot for money)
2016-11-17
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 05:28
I'm not sure yet, I would think so.

Hi Ken
Is there any way you can find out for sure as I'm seriously considering buying the P4 Pro + just in case my Mavic doesn't appear anytime soon! As I wanted to take it traveling around the world with me  on the 20th Dec,
As DJI still haven't cleared September orders as yet! So I'm getting concerned they won't be able to fulfil the press release of getting all orders before Nov 3rd shipped within the 7 to 8 week time frame on the first come first serve basis!
2016-11-17
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 22:09
The P4 Pro and the Inspire2 use LightBridge BUT not the old LightBridge. It's a different version  ...

Thank you, Ken.
2016-11-17
Use props
volare film
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251499 ft
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-15 23:58
Yes, as long as it's one of the DJI recommended devices, same as for the Inspire, P4, P3.

How can i stream to youtube/facebook with Gl300E RC ?
Can i also use my tablet with GL300E RC ?
Thanks
2016-11-17
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.1

Ireland

The Mavic will be the last thing I purchase from DJI. I've worked for 20 years in customer support/customer service and I've never experienced anything as bad as how they have communicated with their customers. The delays are shocking, unprecedented global demand or not, its very, very, wrong to take money up front, and hold on to it for months without any indication of when people may receive the goods they ordered. For that reason I'm done with DJI, the Mavic is my last purchase.

So far I've had an F550, Phantom 1, Phantom Vision + and Phantom 3, now Mavic
2016-11-17
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.4
Switzerland

YTGraham Posted at 2016-11-17 05:06
Ah that makes more sense. It was not a very clear post and the problem has nothing to do with the g ...

I hope that the DJI engineers will make the DJI Goggles for the P4 Pro+ too. I can afford to buy either the Mavic or the P4 Pro+, and I am interested very much in using the DJI Goggles for training my FPV piloting skills.

I have some basic goggles with an app, but I would like to have the HD 1080p DJI Goggles with the low latency.

2016-11-17
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-16 21:33
lol that's the one I would get away with,
I'm in Hungary at the moment, and just heading to Stock ...

I'm in the same boat...... just planted the seed with the wife last night......I think it's gonna grow into a P4 pro + lol
Did I read kens reply correctly that the monitor can be taken off the P4 pro + and used with the Mavic?
2016-11-17
Use props
Antonov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

symbol Posted at 2016-11-16 21:24
btw - liked the vid you linked with the guy using goggles and Litchi

Gary downloaded the Caps-Lock app, have you?
2016-11-17
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 21:22
That is correct, you can use it with other aircraft.
Maybe you should wait for the DJI NanoDrone, a ...

Did I your reply  correctly that the monitor can be taken off the P4 pro + and used with the Mavic?
2016-11-17
Use props
symbol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

Antonov Posted at 2016-11-17 15:24
Gary downloaded the Caps-Lock app, have you?

yes, but mine is onLy working for the Letter "L" for some reason. :-)

perhaps i need an appLe phone?
2016-11-17
Use props
Antonov
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gary UNY Posted at 2016-11-16 19:27
So many responses from you and replies to post, so little time!  ;-)

Thank you so much, Antonov,  ...

" (Well, except that whole Sandra Bullock having balls thing kinda shook me ... not that there's anything wrong with that!)"  

With Ltchi - you have a smart phone, which fits into a google or goggle then you hit the FPV on screen then you get a split image (stereo) but the 3d FPV goggle (from Amazon - costing around $25-35) shows you a single image.

Don't know if Litchi works wth Mavic/P4 pro (but we now know from Ken)...

The camera on the bird records your autonomous flight (after the mission starts), you can also chose to record the RC screen should you wish to do so. It is way point system (via a web link online) you draw/mark your GPS points on the area you wish to fly and save it and synch and upload it to the bird before the flight and off it goes (don't forget to say bye!) ;)

You can adjust the alerts up to per 20 seconds or so (if remember correctly) however it is important feature since the bird can cross the Atlantic within 20 seconds these days.

Finally, I am very glad that Caps-Lock app/prog is working well for you too. Enjoy!

All the Best...

oh one more video with even more funny accent;

2016-11-17
Use props
Antonov
lvl.4
United Kingdom

symbol Posted at 2016-11-17 15:31
yes, but mine is onLy working for the Letter "L" for some reason. :-)

perhaps i need an appLe pho ...

Oh, don't you have the 9 ?
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules