Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Now Introduced
1234Next >
21873 154 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI INSPIRE 2

Power Beyond Imagination

Click here to visit the official Store Page!                                            

The Inspire 1 was a revelation. The first filmmaking drone in the world  to integrate an HD video transmission system, 360° rotating gimbal and a  4K camera, as well as the simplicity of app control. The launches of  the Zenmuse X5 and X5R cameras further cemented the Inspire as a  critical tool for filmmakers around the globe.   

The Inspire  2 takes everything that was good about the Inspire 1 and improves it.  An all-new image processing system records at up to 5.2K in CinemaDNG  RAW, Apple ProRes and more. It goes from 0 to 50mph (80kph) in just 5  seconds and hits a maximum speed of 58mph (94kph) and has a max descent  speed of 9m/s for unheard of speed and agility in an aircraft this  size. A dual battery system prolongs the flight time to a maximum of 27  minutes (with an X4S), while self-heating technology allows it to fly  even in low temperatures. FlightAutonomy has been revised and developed  specifically for the Inspire 2, providing two directions of obstacle  avoidance and sensor redundancy. Increased intelligence adds multiple  intelligent flight modes, including Spotlight Pro, giving even single  pilots the ability to create complex, dramatic shots. An upgraded video  transmission system is now capable of dual signal frequency and dual  channel, streaming video from an onboard FPV camera and the main camera  simultaneously, for better pilot and camera operator collaboration.

Here are the specs:

Aircraft     

• Structure: Magnesium aluminum composite shell and transforming design, carbon fiber arms
  • Configuration: Vision sensing, 2-axis FPV camera, range of supported cameras
  • Propulsion: 67mph (108kph) max speed, 2kg thrust per rotor, 15in props, maximum 27min flight time (with X4S).
  • Battery: Dual battery, self-heating, battery redundancy, 98Wh

Image Processing and storage: 5.2K@4.2Gbps RAW video recording, CineCore 2.0, integrated DJI CINESSD.

Video Format: CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes 5.2K video support, H.265 and H.264 video codec support, 4K video at 100Mbps.

Recorded video can be stored simultaneously on the DJI CINESSD and a Micro-SD card.

File System: FAT32/exFAT universal file system.   

• Signal frequency switching between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. Lightbridge technology.
  • Controllable range: 4.3mi (7km)*
  • Master-slave mode: Multiple slave controllers supported
  • Ports: Extension port, HDMI port, USB port

Integrated into the Inspire 2 is the brand new CineCore 2.0 image processing system, capable of recording 5.2K videos in CinemaDNG1, Apple ProRes2 and more. CineCore 2.0 is built into the aircraft nose and works with any camera connected through the dedicated gimbal port.
(Currently compatible with X4S3 and X5S).

Video recording capability:

CinemaDNG

5.2K (5280*2972, 16:9) 30fps 12bit, 4.2Gbps   
4K (4096*2160, 17:9) 60fps 10bit, 4.0Gbps  

Apple ProRes
5.2K (5280*2160, 2.4:1) 30fps (422 HQ)  
4K (3840*2160, 16:9) 30fps (4444 XQ, no alpha)

H.264/H.265

Built-in 3D noise reduction, 3DLUT color management technology, advanced sensor correction.

H.264/AVC BP/MP/HP Level 5.1: 4K 60fps, 100Mbps;
H.265 MP Level 5.1: 4K 30fps, 100Mbps;  

Stills:

JPEG/DNG/JPEG+DNG: 14fps in burst 20.8 MP4

DNG: 20fps continuous burst 20.8 MP5

The Inspire 2 creative workflow has been completely optimized and is now capable of recording video in CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes, and other common formats for post-production in filmmaking. Also supported are FAT32/exFAT* file systems, which allow fast copying of files direct from the CINESSD without additional software.   

* Coming soon.

Forward and downward vision systems enable the Inspire 2 to detect obstacles up to 30 meters ahead, allowing for protected flight at up to 34mph (54kph) at a controllable attitude angle of 25°. Upward facing infrared sensors scan obstacles 16.4ft (5m) above, adding protection when flying in enclosed spaces. Obstacle sensing systems are active during normal flight, RTH and all Intelligent Flight Modes.

These sensors are core components of the DJI FlightAutonomy system, which brings the below intelligent features to the Inspire 2:  

• Accurate indoor hovering and positioning
  • Obstacle avoidance
  • Automatic obstacle avoidance during RTH
  • Landing terrain detection
  • Upward Infrared Sensors

Spotlight Pro is a powerful tracking mode that allows even single pilots to capture complex, dramatic images. It uses advanced visual tracking algorithms to lock onto a subject during flight, regardless of the direction that the Inspire 2 flies, creating shots that would once have required a dedicated camera operator. If the gimbal comes close to reaching its rotation limits, the Inspire 2 itself will rotate in the same direction without affecting flight control or the shot being captured to free up gimbal movement.

It has two shooting modes, Quick Mode and Composition Mode.  

In Quick Mode, select an object to begin tracking.

In Composition Mode, select the subject and the tracking position. When the subject enters the preset tracking position, press the shortcut to begin tracking. The gimbal can be moved during shooting for composition adjustments.

Spotlight Pro is available in all Intelligent Flight Modes including ActiveTrack, TapFly, Waypoint and Point of Interest.  

In addition to Spotlight Pro, a range of other intelligent flight and shooting modes are available. Obstacle avoidance is optimized when using Point of Interest* and Waypoint* modes, making complex shots simple and repeatable. Also available are QuickSpin, TapFly and ActiveTrack, to simplify challenging shots.  

*Coming soon.

TapFly

The 2-axis onboard FPV camera separates the flight view from the main camera view, effectively giving the Inspire 2 a dedicated TapFly camera. Tap a point onscreen in the FPV view to set a flight route and the Inspire 2 will automatically fly along that route, leaving the pilot to focus on gimbal movement.

ActiveTrack

The ActiveTrack Mode allows the Inspire 2 to recognize a range of objects, from people to bikes to cars to boats. Tracking profiles that can be adjusted based on the subject being tracked means greater tracking precision.     

Forward and downward vision systems allow the Inspire 2 to create a real-time map of its flight route as it flies. If the video transmission system signal is lost and Smart Return Home is enabled, it is able to fly home along its original route, and change to a straight line when it regains a signal. As it returns, it will use the primary camera to identify obstacles as far as 200m in front, allowing it to plan a safe route home. It is also able to reconnect more quickly after losing connection.

The latest update to DJI Lightbridge technology has an effective transmission distance of up to 4.3mi (7km)* and is capable of delivering both 1080p/720p video as well as the FPV view to pilot and camera operator. Users can also switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz** control frequencies to cut through noise for greater signal stability.  

*Unobstructed, free of interference, FCC compliant.

**5.8GHz transmission is not available in some regions due to local regulations.

Master and Slave Controllers

A new wireless HD image transmission technology sends video information from the master controller to the slave controller and the two controllers can be up to 100m apart without loss of image quality.

Broadcast mode

Broadcasters can broadcast direct from the Inspire 2 using its dedicated 1080i50 and 720p60 transmission signal. Aerial live-streaming direct to TV is as simple as connecting the Inspire 2 remote controller to the satellite truck.

A new propulsion system optimized for power creates a new level of flight performance. The Inspire 2 flies at up to 67mph (108kph) descends at 9m/s and climbs at 6m/s. It can accelerate from 0 to 50mph (80kph) in just four seconds and flies at a max attitude angle of 40°.

The two controller sticks are tuned for more sensitivity, making delicate maneuvers easier.   

More power also allows the Inspire 2 to fly in more extreme conditions, including over 2500-5000m above sea level (using optional dedicated propellers), and in temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C) using self-heating Intelligent Flight Batteries.

Increased Reliability

Reliability has been further enhanced through dual redundancy of key modules such as the IMU, compass and barometer. The intelligent flight control system monitors the redundancy system, giving it accurate flight data.

The new obstacle sensing system helps the Inspire 2 sense and avoid obstacles, minimizing the risk of collision.   

Dual batteries mean that if a problem occurs on one battery the other is able to continue flight long enough for a safe landing. At the same time, the Inspire 2 propulsion system is driven a PWM signal with serial port signal redundancy so that if PWM signals are lost, transmission will continue through the serial port.

This propulsion system has been tested for thousands of hours to ensure reliability, when combined with key sensors and a dual-battery design, overall flight reliability is significantly enhanced.

A series of powerful DJI accessories help improve work efficiency and give filmmakers more creative opportunities.  

DJI CINESSD Station

The DJI CINESSD Station is used to connect the DJI CINESSD into a computer for fast, efficient file transfer.

DJI CINESSD

DJI CINESSD uses an NVMe logical device interface specification, features four PCI Express1 ports and supports FAT32/exFAT2 file formats. It comes in both 120GB and 480GB. When using a 480GB CINESSD, the Inspire 2 can record videos at write speeds of up to 4.2Gbps, providing enough data to meet demanding filmmaking needs.

1 PCI Express 3.0
2 Coming soon

ins2+x5s (1).jpg
ins2+x5s (2).jpg
ins2+x5s (5).jpg
ins2 detail (6).jpg
ins2 detail (2).jpg
ins2 detail (3).jpg
2016-11-15
Use props
Movin on
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

X4S3 and X5S?
2016-11-15
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... filiate#/?_k=jxltsq
2016-11-15
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Now live:  https://www.facebook.com/zawstud ... id=1479238719075108
2016-11-15
Use props
fans638df2f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1712044 ft
Estonia

Hello

Is Inspire 2 suitable with XT thermal camera?
or something new is coming out for thermal

Best regards
2016-11-15
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans638df2f6 Posted at 2016-11-16 04:03
Hello

That question has been asked but we do not yet have the answer.  We will let people know.
2016-11-15
Use props
fans638df2f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1712044 ft
Estonia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-15 22:11
That question has been asked but we do not yet have the answer.  We will let people know.

ok, thanks
2016-11-15
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Too many 'coming soons' for me to consider as I'm still waiting for the 'coming soon' for my A3 which seems to have been forgotten in this flurry of new products>
2016-11-15
Use props
Inspire flyer
United States

OMG what i nice piece of equipment
2016-11-15
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

wonder what delivery time will be for preorders?  Weeks...months?
2016-11-15
Use props
cat824
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Does the Inspire 2 come with a gimbal or is the gimbal a separate purchase?
Capture.PNG
2016-11-15
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that's pricey.  $3K and no camera.
2016-11-15
Use props
fans951dcd15
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

I wouldn't flinch at the $3K price tag if I knew that I could use my X5 camera on it.  Based on what I can tell so far (by pictures on DJI website) the new X4s and X5s are the only cameras you can put on this bird.  Since I don't do that much cinematic work, I would be interested in the X4s camera but alas, it will not work on my Inspire 1 aircraft (I have two of them).  If this is correct, DJI just thumbed its nose at many Inspire 1 supporters who have spent a ton of money for cameras, special batteries, special chargers, etc.  The $3000 price tag without a camera would still require a ton of money for new type of batteries, new type of charger, a good hard shell case, etc.  I'm sure plenty of people will drop the coin for the newest gadget but I won't be one of them.  Not real happy with DJI right now.
2016-11-15
Use props
MartinK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68471 ft
Estonia

It seems that old Inspire has now officially left behind. No new cameras for the old bird. So the new Phantom has better bitrate than the Inspire 1 With X5? The new Inspire is really nice however, it is incomprehensible that the Inspire 1 as a modular system is stuck with the older cameras. It is still really good flying platform, but the only problem is camera performance. Also I feel sorry for the folks who bought X5R for the old bird. I was waiting for all the problems to be fixed before placing the order. Now DJI is selling better and cheaper camera (X5S) while leaving the existing models X5R and X5 with all the problems. If the X5S is doing everything that was promised in the video and in a lot better price point as the X5R, than it  will leave a very sour taste for the clients who have been investing in to the older platform. What about the OSMO? Are these new cameras going to work with the OSMO platform?
At the moment i feel that DJI pushes old clients to switch all their gear. This  makes me very cautious for investing in the DJI ecosystem in the future.
2016-11-15
Use props
fans802e59b3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is certainly a nice bit of kit.. but sadly DJI because of the way you have treated me and so many customers I have chosen NOT TO purchase until such a time I get my faith in you as a company again.. you have yourself to blame .. I'm still waiting on my Mavic which I ordered on September 29th.
2016-11-15
Use props
Peterg4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any good news for all of us Mavic customers?
2016-11-15
Use props
kristian.barras
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696972 ft
United Kingdom

Complete joke- I invested in the Inspire 1 Pro with X5 camera on the basis and understanding that the camera and flight software would be upgradeable in the future. The bigest problem with the X5 is the bitrate and frames per second both of which seem to have been addressed with the new cameras on the inspire 2- but doeant look like i'll be able to ise the new camera with the inspire 1. Only had the Inspire 1 pro for a year at a cost of £4000 with spare batteries etc- feel completely ripped off! Will DJI be offering a good trade in for customers whove invested heavily???
2016-11-15
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would LOVE to order the Inspire 2. However, I have absolutely no faith in DJI when it comes to pre-orders. Here we are in the middle of November... I ordered the Mavic Pro Fly Less Combo on 29/09/16 and there is absolutely no hope of it being shipped this month... DJI have happily sat on our money for weeks and weeks and still absolutely nothing.

Come on Tahoe Ed and DJI Ken, what on earth would posses anyone to pre-order with DJI again when people who ordered much later through 3rd party retailers without having to part with their money until shipment are receiving orders before we are. It is even slower if you make the mistake of parting with even more money for the combo... Sending me pre-order notifications for the Inspire 2 and the Phantom 4 pro feels like another slap in the face from DJI... Sorry but that is how I feel!
2016-11-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Is the lens mount the same on the older Inspire 1 X5R cameras and the newer X5S camera on the Inspire 2 for some backwards compatibility?

2016-11-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Ed,

Wow that's a lot to take-in ... Looks fantastic ... Now I need to start saving again

Rich
2016-11-15
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I really like it.  The only thing wrong with the price is the lack of a camera.  It doesn't look like you can put any of the Inspire 1 cameras on it.  It would be nice to have some type of adapter so that we can use are old cameras with it until we can transition to a better one.
2016-11-15
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-16 06:58
Is the lens mount the same on the older Inspire 1 X5R cameras and the newer X5S camera on the Inspir ...

The lens mount is the same.
2016-11-15
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

In addition to Spotlight Pro, a range of other intelligent flight and shooting modes are available. Obstacle avoidance is optimized when using Point of Interest* and Waypoint* modes, making complex shots simple and repeatable. Also available are QuickSpin, TapFly and ActiveTrack, to simplify challenging shots.  

*Coming soon.

LAST TIME "Coming soon" was 9 months - how this time?
2016-11-15
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Austria

allowing for protected flight at up to 34mph (54kph) .............. Obstacle sensing systems are active during normal flight, RTH and all Intelligent Flight Modes.

Does this mean there will again be NO waypoint flying be possible faster then 54kph ?

Can sensors be switched off or are they obligatory active in above listed modes?

2016-11-15
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-15 20:41
The lens mount is the same.

Ed, have a question on the new camera (X5S) does it have an SD card as well?
I like to take photos and don't care so much about video so my question would be:  do I have to buy the SSD drives or can I just shoot RAW DNG files straight to the SD card like on the X5?
2016-11-15
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Austria

The legs are longer.

I already have problems with the original Inspire that the legs get into the picture when I yaw the camera but keep looking forward and not down.

Did you test at which downangle you can use the X4S and yaw it around without getting the legs in the picture?
2016-11-15
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really wanted one of those Z3's for my old old I1, but after all the trouble with it and it's still not working, I guess it will be a long long time before I would invest in the I2 until we know it does what they say it will do.  Folks, there is not a good track record out there. Time will tell.  I'm rocking in my chair for now.  lol
2016-11-15
Use props
fans4ce44712
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fix the Z3 before I will buy a Inspire 2, I have a inspire 1 that will only fly 500 feet without too much lag..... Fix it DJI
2016-11-15
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.1
United States

Bravo DJI!

You read my mind on the compensating nose camera.  I have had need for one of those for several shots that only really could be pulled off with it.  I integrted a cheap gimbaled nose camera on my first drone which was a Freefly Cinestar 8.  I have had one on every rig I have built with a two person setup.  I was going to be content with just a fixed nose camera, I figured there was no way in hell they would have added a compensating tilt camera, and they did!  Kudos!
2016-11-15
Use props
rugbyreff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4742047 ft
New Zealand

kristian.barras Posted at 2016-11-16 11:24
Complete joke- I invested in the Inspire 1 Pro with X5 camera on the basis and understanding that th ...

I agree. I don't have the X5 but it's definitely disappointing. The connecting pins inside the gimbal mounting point are arranged completely differently. This is probably so the pipe to the rear mounted SSD for the high bitrate video can be supported. The I1 X5R's SSD was mounted on the gimbal itself, meaning that wasn't an issue.
2016-11-15
Use props
fanse08bd379
New

Australia

HEY DJI,

Maybe you can explain to myself as well as everyone else in Australia why the price for the new inspire is 31% more for us. Retail price in US is $2999, now with the conversion rate thats $3963, yet our price is........wait for it........$5199!!!!!!!! ARE YOU F.....ING KIDDING ME!!!! It's actually cheaper for me to fly to the US, purchase one and then fly home!

How can you justify this???????
2016-11-15
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

maximum speed of 67mph (108kph) and has a max descent  speed of 9m/s for unheard of speed and agility in an aircraft this  size. A dual battery system prolongs the flight time to a maximum of 27  minutes (with an X4S),

this is insane !!!  more than 100 kmph, i can't imagine how fast it can be with tails wind !!

2016-11-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-11-16 13:23
maximum speed of 67mph (108kph) and has a max descent  speed of 9m/s for unheard of speed and agilit ...

Come on, stick with the Mavic, this aircraft is not for you.
You wanted something portable to get good footage and very long range and you fly by yourself.
The Mavic is perfect for you.
The new Inspire 2 is pretty much only for professional use.
2016-11-15
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

so the rumors were true about the inspire 2 when I read it back in Oct right before the announcement of the delay of the mavic that it was on the works in production... Great, but I am guessing with the way things are going with you guys with shipment and preorders I see a decline in Dji online direct purchase for this device maybe by summer and autumn you guys will have a rise in sales on your direct online store.
2016-11-16
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

fans951dcd15 Posted at 2016-11-16 05:39
I wouldn't flinch at the $3K price tag if I knew that I could use my X5 camera on it.  Based on what ...

I know I won't drop that much cash for a drone with no camera the only new feature two new design batteries sensors which the first inspire did not have like this one. and much powerful motors to go up speed, and new cameras with 5K, which is a huge investment when still today we are not even broadcasting at 4K, 4K has a long way to go still. Crap 1080 is still going and probably has a couple of more years to go since not all computers could handle well 4K especially 5K which you cannot even use on the latest macbook pros it will be an oven when rendering an 5K project or even with 4K project its still to slow to render. Mac pro trashcan with 6 cores and 8 cores have no problem with 4K and 5K and now with red 8K res thats beyond belief of resolution qualities. I am using my Mac Pro trashcan with 4 cores 12 gigs of ram and FCPX and 4K runs perfect not as fast as a 6 core or 8 core mac but still laptops cannot handle that much resolution its starts to spin the fans like a jet engine... So this inspire many people with inspire 1 could definitely extent their investment still.. The inspire two add ons are great but you could definitely live with out it, Crap I have an iPhone 5 still and still works great yeah yeah iPhone 5s and 6 and 7 are faster better but my phone is with iOS 8 and don't plan to upgrade anymore for as much apple puts that I have an update I don't update because its all about making a product obsolete. there is a saying if it still works and works for you why change it.
2016-11-16
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

fans638df2f6 Posted at 2016-11-16 04:03
Hello

The gimbal connection is different
2016-11-16
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

cat824 Posted at 2016-11-16 04:55
Does the Inspire 2 come with a gimbal or is the gimbal a separate purchase?

the gimbal is part of the camera when you choose one.
2016-11-16
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-16 06:58
Is the lens mount the same on the older Inspire 1 X5R cameras and the newer X5S camera on the Inspir ...

Yes it is a Micro four thirds
2016-11-16
Use props
fansa6bebf99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Really a shame flight time didn't even get to 30 minutes (a second battery that is as worth as one), missed an optical zoom camera option, and the U$ 3.000-craft doesn't bring what the less-expensive Phantom 4 Pro brings: Rear and Side avoidance! I'll keep my I1 with Z3 fo4 along time for now, as long as DJI doesn't invest on most recent battery tech, leaving Li-Po chemistry in the past...
2016-11-16
Use props
fansea03ebd9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15331 ft
South Africa

fanse08bd379 Posted at 2016-11-16 05:09
HEY DJI,

Maybe you can explain to myself as well as everyone else in Australia why the price for th ...

Just use a courier company that is willing to collect the bird in the US. You will unfortunately have to pay additional import taxes and courier fees, but it will be much cheaper than the AUD price tag...

I saved more than 20% on my Mavic order... but still paid more than US customers.
2016-11-16
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules