Canada

Just curious to know if the Zenmuse X4S will be compatible with Inspire 1

2016-11-15
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

I am very curious about this as well, the new sensor and 20mp images would be pretty nice for photogrammetry
2016-11-15
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

I'd purchase this camera instead of the I2. I don't think the I2 is worth the upgrade. I'm a single operator, so the FPV is useless for me. The camera is what I am interested in.
2016-11-15
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unlikely. The mounts look to be different.
2016-11-15
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sorry, it will not. Inspire 2 has a different system and nothing fits from the I1.
2016-11-15
Use props
Hemiboy899
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18205 ft
South Korea

Cabralkev Posted at 2016-11-16 06:54
I'd purchase this camera instead of the I2. I don't think the I2 is worth the upgrade. I'm a single  ...

I'm with you on that
2016-11-15
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

Dang, I was hoping for some kind of retro-fit option.  I am looking at the P4P now as the cheapest upgrade path to 20mp sensor.  
2016-11-15
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

It's a case of complete re-purchase folks - nothing from the 2 will fit the 1.

It's a design choice by DJI, but it doesn't make your I1 worthless or obsolete - just get out there and keep flying.
IMHO, there's little there to dictate abandoning your existing gear unless:

1 - You have commercial clients who require the data delivered in the new formats quickly. (i.e. no time for data transfer via cinelight)
2 - You're a cinematographer who is chasing/requires the higher bitrate and resolution.
3 - You have a specific need for the forward speed they took away from us in version 1.3 of the firmware.
4 - Your flight ops cases dictate the use of a Piloting cam.

Obstacle avoidance and sensors are nice, but I'm not convinced there is a compelling safety case for them on a ship the size of the Inspire.
Anyone using a ship of this size/class should be managing safety and clearance from obstacles pro-actively, not relying on a tech feature to do it for you.
2016-11-15
Use props
Howard A
lvl.1
Australia

That's a pity. I love my Inspire 1 airframe. I use it for aerial mapping tasks in tricky terrains and a 20mp camera would be awesome.  
2016-11-19
Use props
joerazzzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86952 ft
United States

Now sure why this would not work... Does the x5 and x5r not use the same mount that the x3 and z3 use? What I mean is the x5 mount can also accept the x3 and z3 correct? its just larger to accept the new gimble I thought
2017-1-4
Use props
joerazzzz
lvl.1
United States

X5 FAQ from DJI site

From the horses mouth, the x4s SHOULD work... but knowing DJI the firmware wont support it
2017-01-04_23-07-20.jpg
2017-1-4
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

The X4S won't work with the Inspire 1. It doesn't have a micro SD card slot, for one thing. The micro SD is in the body of the Inspire 2, not the camera.
2017-1-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

joerazzzz Posted at 2017-1-4 22:37
Now sure why this would not work... Does the x5 and x5r not use the same mount that the x3 and z3 use? What I mean is the x5 mount can also accept the x3 and z3 correct? its just larger to accept the new gimble I thought

It is a whole different animal , the video transmission module is located in the Aircraft  now and not on the camera itself .  I know it is a big bummer but I assure you it wont work .

Yes the X5 and X5R use the same Mount as the X3 and also Z3 but the New cameras for the Inspire 2 will NOT wok with the Inspire 1 and vice versa.  I know it sucks, just the way it is....

donnie
2017-1-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

You have two different systems here Joe, the X5 and X5R will fit with the X5 gimbal , and also the X3 will fit on the X5 gimbal also the Z3 will work ... all this for the Insire 1

On the Inspire 2, the video transmission is now different and NONE of the Inspire 1 cameras listed above will work with the Inspire 2.  It is a drag I know ,  some of the Internal mechanics of video transmission has changed , Now do I wish they made an adapter , hell yes.  I own the X3 and the X5 and  that would have been keen if they would have ...but they did not .

donnie
2017-1-7
Use props
joerazzzz
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the correction Donnie. I just stumbled onto your thread about finding the hidden files. My X5 is not displaying a video feed to the remote ipad but it does record... Thanks for all of the solid information.

I'll have to save up my bottle caps to get the I2 soon now. Damn you DJI...
2017-1-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

joerazzzz Posted at 2017-1-7 14:28
Thanks for the correction Donnie. I just stumbled onto your thread about finding the hidden files. My X5 is not displaying a video feed to the remote ipad but it does record... Thanks for all of the solid information.

Oh No worries Joe , when I was a beginner I made many errors as well and was corrected in not such a nice way ( those trolls are gone now )  I am still learning as well and I always say listen to more than one member for advice , none of us are correct all of the time .  I never mind being corrected myself as we are all fallible, just as long as the correction is done in a polite fashion.

Yes that Inspire 2 is quite pricey, I tel you what though , that Phantom 4 Pro looks like a very good value .  I think I may drop the hammer on that very soon.  when the Inspire 2 has the 4G network in use  ( cell signals ) for the systems control and video feed I am in for sure , that will be a game changer for sure .

We have a very good community here now  and I like it like it this .  

donnie
2017-1-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

joerazzzz Posted at 2017-1-7 14:28

If you get that dreaded " Device not detected " on lines 0800 and 1500 might as well just send it in .  I have NEVER seen  it corrected in any way except to send it in to DJI.  Usually you would just send in the camera but check with DJI if you indeed do have the DND .

I hope this is not your case....

good luck

donnie
2017-1-8
Use props
joerazzzz
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-8 05:12
If you get that dreaded " Device not detected " on lines 0800 and 1500 might as well just send it in .  I have NEVER seen  it corrected in any way except to send it in to DJI.  Usually you would just send in the camera but check with DJI if you indeed do have the DND .

I hope this is not your case....

I will find out when I get home this week. Should I try an old firmware first or just the new stuff? also forgive the lack of knowledge but what is DND?
2017-1-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

joerazzzz Posted at 2017-1-9 22:19
I will find out when I get home this week. Should I try an old firmware first or just the new stuff? also forgive the lack of knowledge but what is DND?

It is just the "Device Not Detected" acronym DND,  and you never can ask a stupid question , I have been a beginner myself at one time and wondered what the heck they were referring to half the time, no worries mate .

Check that DND ,hopefully you will not have it on your X5, if you do , just send it in , I have never seen it repaired by rolling back or anything else.

good luck

donnie
2017-1-10
Use props
fans9f59870d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are there any new cameras for the inspire 1, without having to spend a fortune on the pro kit,  or is this just another broken promise from DJI?

Not trying to be negative it is just frustrating that $3,000 investment only is good for about 18 months and poof, your behind the 8 ball.

2017-2-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

fans9f59870d Posted at 2017-2-18 15:40
Are there any new cameras for the inspire 1, without having to spend a fortune on the pro kit,  or is this just another broken promise from DJI?

Not trying to be negative it is just frustrating that $3,000 investment only is good for about 18 months and poof, your behind the 8 ball.

This kind of consumer one-upmanship mentality is EXACTLY what fuels companies to limit backward compatibility.

Please read the earlier post by Farnk666
2017-2-18
Use props
Steve Reid
lvl.1
United States

I guess one could mount a nice GoPro to the I1 and keep on trucking.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules