Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I'm cheating on my first love
1210 17 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Free Bird
lvl.4

Canada

Well it's now out in the open and everyone knows about it. The Phanthom 4 Pro has officially been released. Yes and with it brings mixed emoitions. Sadly and with a heavy heart I am leaving my first love, the Mavic Pro. She is still a virgin you see because this was an internet romance and we never met in person. I sent her the money to come live with me but she kept stalling and coming up with new excuses why she could not fly into my life. So I now have a new love in my life, the Phanthom 4 Pro. Yes this is also an internet romance and I have already sent her the money to come and fly into my life. Will I ever learn? Oh scorn me not for I have a need in my life that needs to be filled. With her full body and larger size and able to thrill me longer I can just vision many days and nights making photos and videos together.
Good bye Mavic, I hope you meet the right person in your life.
2016-11-15
Use props
Lost Mavic
lvl.1

Australia

Sloppy seconds for me then....
2016-11-15
Use props
sanuk
Second Officer
Australia

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched ...
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I put in the cancelation of my Mavic and then had second thoughts so I sent another email to try and stop that. I also did order the P4 Pro. So if all works out I will be double dipping.

I look at it as the cell phone and SLR comparison, obviously the SLR has better quality imaging but my cell phone is always with me. So they both serve a purpose.
2016-11-15
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.4

Canada

Yes, I order the P4P today, shipping is expected in the next 2 weeks. Perhaps about the same time as the Mavic Pro I canceled would of shipped to me? However with the better camera and better sensors and longer flying time I consider the original Mavic Pro redundant and will play with my P4P while I await the for sure release of the Mavic Pro 2 with a better camera and updated sensors. Yes small and compact is nice but if I wait till mid spring I will bet you they will have put the extras into the already built assembly line of the Mavic Pro. A simple thing for DJI to upgrade because everything is already in place just like the Phantom line up. This is where DJI really makes the money as the basics assembly lines are already in place, a few tweaks and off it goes to the market.
Photography is why I want a high end drone in the first place. I can have fun playing with my 6 other types of mini drones when I feel the need to goof around and just fly for the excitement. All six drones cost me less than $250 and are loads of fun to fly!!!
Don't let the hype put you in debt if you can't afford to buy the Mavic Pro 2 along with the Mavic Pro....... wait, you will be surprised how soon the upgrade will come out after all the original orders have been shipped. If Photography is your game do what I did and buy the P4P and wait for the Mavic Pro upgrade, beside I personally think the camera sucks on the Mavic Pro the way it is now. Also compact is nice but I can buy an assortment of mini copters that will fly circles around the mavic Pro. The next Mavic Pro will be just as compact but with better technology.
This is the best decision I can make for my lifestyle in regards to the drone wars.

2016-11-15
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
2016-11-15
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.3

United States

I'm also on shaky ground here, i really want to hold the mavic so I can see for myself if its worth all the wait, but I loved my P4 once they had ironed out some of the issues and now the P4 platform is very mature the pro should be a dream out of the box!! but.... that will be some size box, and she was a noisy hag, and those blades in all my video frames did grate on me, and I did miss out on so many flying opportunities due to having to choose between lugging the P4 around or my 1 year old (I was forced to take the latter ;o). No, I think I will stick with my "pre" order (yeah right!) and look forward to holding my new baby for the first time. But don’t think for one minute I don’t know that all mavic owners will be punked by DJI in the not too distant future. The Mavic pro is a concept design solution that us mugs have literally paid for the R&D on to pave the way for the mavic 2 which will be the real deal. We are just suckers for new tech and innovation so have no one to blame but ourselves.   
2016-11-16
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
Canada

MavicPro Posted at 2016-11-16 16:27
I'm also on shaky ground here, i really want to hold the mavic so I can see for myself if its worth  ...

With the screen or without?
2016-11-16
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.3

United Kingdom

70challenger Posted at 2016-11-16 08:41
With the screen or without?

Defo without, why carry yet another screen when your smart phone is always in your pocket?!
2016-11-16
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.4

Canada

Ahhhh, I can't leave my first love. I wrote her back asking for forgiveness. She said she will come to me as we first planned.
Internet romances are so emotional!
2016-11-16
Use props
trance728
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-11-16 14:48
Ahhhh, I can't leave my first love. I wrote her back asking for forgiveness. She said she will come  ...

So are you going for both?
2016-11-16
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
Canada

MavicPro Posted at 2016-11-16 17:57
Defo without, why carry yet another screen when your smart phone is always in your pocket?!

Yes but wasnt sure if it added any more features that made it worthwhile?
2016-11-16
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
Canada

Free Bird Posted at 2016-11-17 03:48
Ahhhh, I can't leave my first love. I wrote her back asking for forgiveness. She said she will come  ...

Internet romances usually involve palmola, you sir are a slut.
2016-11-16
Use props
trance728
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

70challenger Posted at 2016-11-16 15:06
Yes but wasnt sure if it added any more features that made it worthwhile?

You can add the screen later to the remote that doesn't come with it, but the one that does come with it you can't remove the screen.
2016-11-16
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.4

Canada

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-16 12:05
So are you going for both?

Not at this time. I am booked for a trip to South America in January and when I saw the Mavic folded beside the Phantom I just knew I didn't want to be lugging the larger drone up the mountains which are at an elevation of 3000 - 4000 meters. I did this trip in 2014 and I know it will be high summer and I'll be in the desert regions photographing. I'm hoping I will receive the Mavic in time to get used to the new controls so I'm not learning while I'm traveling. I just wish the camera on the Mavic was better. Perhaps I can keep it in focus and be thrilled with results.
I'm also going to Cuba in a few days but I don't dare bring a drone with a camera on it. They tossed a Canadian from Toronto in Jail for 2 weeks, last month for doing just that. I went last year as well and the military checks are no joke, they are everywhere. My good friend in Cuba is a Pastor and they threw him in jail for photographing cactus just a few hundred meters from the highway. But I still love Cuba, especially the people! They all make between $18 - $22 a month, yes that is not a misprint you read that correctly. That means they need humanitarian aid from us richer countries. A bar of soap cost them $1.00 US funds to buy in a store in Cuba. The government owns every business in the country. Hopefully in time there will loosening of communism and so sanctions will also be loosened up.
2016-11-16
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.4

Canada

70challenger Posted at 2016-11-16 12:09
Internet romances usually involve palmola, you sir are a slut.

What does palmola mean? It isn't in the google dictionary.
2016-11-16
Use props
symbol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

Free Bird Posted at 2016-11-16 20:33

This is a wild guess - the first part is something to do with your hand. The "ola" might refer to some kind of slippy oil. Then again, perhaps my mind is messed up and I should not have joined in on this one!
2016-11-16
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-11-16 15:33

I believe it's in reference to Rosie Palm and her five sisters.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules