Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Osmo+ Release Notes:
Date : 2017.01.22
Firmware : v1.4.0.70
DJI GO App iOS : v3.1.2
DJI GO App Android : v3.1.2

What's New:
  • Fixed issue where noise and vibrations occasionally appear in the gimbal.

Notes:
  • Calibrate the gimbal using auto-calibrate after upgrading firmware.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart Osmo+ and DJI GO app and retry.

Osmo+ Release Notes:
Date : 2016.11.16
Firmware : v1.3.0.50
DJI GO App iOS : v3.1.0
DJI GO App Android : v3.1.0

What’s New:

• Added support for locking focus at infinite with one tap in the DJI GO app

Notes:
  • Calibrate the gimbal using auto-calibrate after upgrading firmware.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart Osmo+ and DJI GO app and retry.

2016-11-15
Use props
Darq
New
Flight distance : 777585 ft
Spain

I've bought a Osmo+ with the last Firmware version: 1.3.0.50 and there is a problem with the autofocus, it focus when you tap the screen, but when you start recording the autofocus doesn't work, it only works if you tap the screen again or when you zoom.

Is it normal?
2016-11-18
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

I believe it's more of a semi-auto focus.  Seems to me it does not try to auto focus when the camera is in motion, only when it stops.  It also seems to have problems focusing correctly on dark objects or perhaps object in a less the bright room.  It takes a second or 2 to focus, so it's better if it only adjust focus when still as that usually means there will be an out of focus blip at the end of every move in/out if that move is far enough where a focus is necessary.

-Rodger
2016-11-18
Use props
Darq
New
Flight distance : 777585 ft
Spain

The problem, is that when you aren't recording, it focus when the gimbal stops, but when you start recording, it never focus automatically, you have to tap de screen or zoom in.

I would like to know if it is possible to focus once you have started recording, because once I start recording, it doesn't focus.

Is it possible?
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Darq Posted at 2016-11-19 05:43
The problem, is that when you aren't recording, it focus when the gimbal stops, but when you start r ...

Currently, no.
2016-11-20
Use props
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

This is a major issue that severely limits the use of this camera. Autofocus NEEDS to work WHILE shooting. It's the 21st century for goodness sake.
2016-11-22
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

THEN FIX IT!!!!    NOW not TOMORROW but NOW!
2016-11-22
Use props
fansc72cb576
New

Hong Kong

Just got the Osmo+ and struggeling with the same problem. It doesn't autofocus at all. Also it is very hard to judge if the image is focued properly on a mobile phone (5.2inch screen).
I have gotten almost all soft shots during a test session today and am highly disappointed.

I tried the infinity lock as well and also that gave me soft shots! Something is definitely wrong here, I will do a few more controlled tests tomorrow but if neither autofocus or infinity lock work this camera is literally useless with out of focus shots! {:4_177:}
2016-11-27
Use props
javari100
New

Netherlands

I agree, this isn't working at all.
Makes you wonder if the engineers who develop this ever tried this in real world situations.

My confidence in the Osmo+ is totally gone. (first two I received were broken, now on my third, wiill try it tomorrow on a job, but will also take my original Osmo..)

I hope DJI will resolve this, otherwise I'm done with DJI and will switch to GoPro. These have their own issues, but at least they are reliable.
2016-11-27
Use props
Camera Ninja
lvl.2
United States

Not exactly the major update we we were hoping for is it?
2017-1-21
Use props
EIEIO
lvl.1

Malaysia

Camera Ninja Posted at 2017-1-21 23:19

Next one maybe...?
2017-1-24
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

Camera Ninja Posted at 2017-1-21 23:19

I did notice that the option to enable Smooth Track while Zooming has been removed from latest firmware which was identified as the cause of the gimbal shift bug.
Edit: I looked at the Go app when it wasn't connected to the Osmo+ and didn't see this option. And indeed, when connected the option is still there.  Sorry for the misinformation.
2017-1-24
Use props
shuether
lvl.2
Canada

breezeway95 Posted at 2017-1-24 09:23
I did notice that the option to enable Smooth Track while Zooming has been removed from latest firmware which was identified as the cause of the gimbal shift bug.

You mean the "Zoom Adjusted Smoothtrack" option? I'm still seeing that after update.
2017-1-24
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

shuether Posted at 2017-1-24 14:47
You mean the "Zoom Adjusted Smoothtrack" option? I'm still seeing that after update.

Hmmm. Do you have Osmo+?  Not sure if that would make a difference. I will take another look tonight to make sure.
2017-1-24
Use props
EIEIO
lvl.1

Malaysia

breezeway95 Posted at 2017-1-24 15:18
Hmmm. Do you have Osmo+?  Not sure if that would make a difference. I will take another look tonight to make sure.

I'm on the Osmo+ and it's still there after the update.
2017-1-24
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

my osmo+ keep disconnecting saying that is connected to another device...
rebooted my osmo and my phone
2017-1-26
Use props
Jasper604
New

Canada

Quick Question: Looking to buy Osmo+ and cant see it ANYWHERE... Can I Facebook Live feed off a Osmo+ with a Iphone 6S? Figured this was the best thread to ask and apologize if I'm breaking a rule. My first time on DJI forum, but failed to find it anywhere and the stores I called dont specialize with only DJI's. Thanks again.
2017-1-26
Use props
Superthrust
lvl.1

United States

Does the Osmo have the ability to connect a Tascam audio recorder to it, using the Tascam as a microphone for the Osmo?
sorry if i am breaking any rule by asking here, but the forum will not allow me to create a new thread for whatever reason and I am sitting here hovering over the purchase button, very anxious to get an Osmo because i somewhat dislike the osmo mobile...
2017-1-27
Use props
Mota
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111558 ft
Thailand

There are many questions. Whether it is possible to hand over goods back? Auto focus problem very big! It isn't possible to shoot video in the movement! Why to sell accessories for fastening to the bicycle, is as a result you receive soap? Why not to make an auto focus as at the quadcopter????
2017-1-28
Use props
fansb79fd43a
lvl.3
United States

I noticed when I tilt my hand down the camera no longer jerks to the right once I hit the the 100º mark.  
2017-2-1
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Hi pl advice whats the latest firmware update for Osmo mobile.Also advice seeked for editing ur captured video and saving it to android phone which is not visible currently.
2017-2-1
Use props
fans01083097
New

Germany

Hello, Anyone any idea, if I can save and share under iOS clips out of the GO App without the silly preconditioned music?? There seems to be no otion to disengage that function....
2017-2-4
Use props
fans19ebc238
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I bought one myself. When I'm stopped, it shakes a little. This is normal?
2017-2-4
Use props
Black
New
Portugal

And focus problems?...
2017-4-30
Use props
djiuser_eKymXvGYm7iR
lvl.1

Turkey

I've bought a Osmo+ with the last Firmware version: 1.3.0.50 and there is a problem with the autofocus, it focus when you tap the screen, but when you start recording the autofocus doesn't work, it only works if you tap the screen again or when you zoom.
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_eKymXvGYm7iR
lvl.1

Turkey

I've bought a Osmo+ with the last Firmware version: 1.3.0.50 and there is a problem with the autofocus, it focus when you tap the screen, but when you start recording the autofocus doesn't work, it only works if you tap the screen again or when you zoom. Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules